Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ldematto
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by ldematto »

You are the best Boss Man - this site is so fortunate to have you, you truly make a difference in all our lives, certainly mine - thank you!

I'm off to Pequot Woods again today - another 5 mile walk through the woods. Yesterday was probably over 5, as we got lost...but I know it's at least 2 1/2 miles each way. If nothing else maybe I can walk off these pounds!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Another great walk/climb through the woods, another 2 1/2 hours! We are so lucky to have this walking trail, it's a nature preserve that surrounds our home and I'm embarrassed to say I never walked it before and we've lived here since 2004! I never understood exactly what it was?!?! I took a bunch of pictures to show the terrain, the New England rock walls...streams, etc, but I'm still not comfortable with the process of posting pictures here. I've gotten great instruction but I always get lost when one speaks of urls etc?! I love climbing the rocks and navigating the paths that are not necessarily clearly marked nor easy... husband was less than happy with some of the crossings. I was always a tomboy as a child, it brought me back to when was a kid walking on the rocks at the beach at the foot of our street.

Food consumption as been great. Today I had 1 cup of Corn Flakes with fresh strawberries and blueberries topped with 1/2 of Strawberry Kefir. I ate an energy bar on our hike, then came home for a Turkey Pastrami Sandwich, 1 slice of American Cheese and 2 tomatoes, grilled using spray butter....yummy! With weight watchers you can add back points for exercise. I don't add to diet more food, but am not as careful as I might be, for example sandwich had 2 slices of Whole Grain Bread Nature's Promise(Flax and Grain) uses up 3 points per slice. I know if I overindulge in something it won't be the end of the world because I've racked up a bunch of spare points. I still eat as healthy as possible, I mostly eat chicken or fish, with tons of veggies and fruit. Last night I made a whole Wheat pasta dish (pasta is lots of points!) but each ingredient I added, I made sure I added up the points used...I sauteed garlic in olive oil, added 1/2 jar of pesto, 1/2 c chicken broth (I normally use 1/2 c white wine but didn't have any) added a bunch of compari tomatoes quartered, with 16 kalamata olives. I used 1/2 box of Whole Wheat Penne, topped the cooked penne with Ricotta Cheese and covered with the sauce....all in all it made about 4 servings at 7-8 points per serving. So as long as we don't eat 2 servings (which would have been easy to do at one point) we each had 1/4 and saved the rest for dinner tonight. So, we've eaten one of our favorites foods and stayed within our program at the same time...win, win!! Best part is we get to have it again tonight!

No weight training today, I'm beat! Have a great day!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Have a good weekend Lu, I know you will be good :wink:
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Visited family in Florida, and now both Rick and I are sick with nasty colds...can't seem to catch a break! Went a little off on diet while in Florida but back on track, still on Weight Watchers....but still have a long way to go to meet goal. But I'm still trucking!!!

work with Seniors has expanded some and appears it will interfere with workouts with Tiff (may have to change date and or time), and Sat morning workouts have been cancelled due to our sickness issues. friend Arlene is interested in Mondays, so hopefully I'll be able to have workout buddies 3 times a week.

Hopefully I'll be healthy in the next few days so I can get back on track.

Have a great day!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Glad you are back Lu! Hope you and Rick are feeling better soon. Positive thoughts and prayers sent your way. :D :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Always nice to have 3 workout buddies Lou! Can make it so much more fun although sometimes i think it would be distracting too. :) Hope the cold goes away quickly!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Thanks ~! We are still not 100 %, Rick for sure is still experiencing cold symptoms, guess it needs to run its course. Me, it's more allergies...good news is we are having the best weather, bad news is all that "stuff" makes me crazy...eyes, throat...oh well ;)

The only real exercise I'm getting is walking...lots of it though. I've walked in the Pequot Woods several times since last post - for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours...love the terrain - hilly, rocky and fun! This week cousin came over and we walked 4 - 5 miles to town and back - walked along the river, it's so beautiful! Coming home was tough - the "little" hills we walked down became "HUGE" hills upon our return...good stuff though!

It's a beautiful day today, hope to walk a little later, but need to get some things done around the house, including yard work. Oh! I lost the weight I gained in Florida, still working at weight loss and hope to meet goal by mid June.

Hope all is well with everyone!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Hubby had a bad night coughing and so congested. Just being around him makes me "feel" a little sick :( I was hoping to bike to town to watch the St. Patrick's Day parade, but looks like we'll stay home. Probably a good day to lose myself in the gym - and try to get these muscles moving!

Have a great day!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

I'm bad.....I'll be back when I'm in a healthier, fit frame of mind...and body! I wish you all much success!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If there is anything at all we can do Lu, get in touch with us anytime, or feel free to PM me if you'd rather have a discreet one to one, but whatever happens, GOOD LUCK to you and hubby from us all and thanks for all the constant support and humanity you've given over the past several months, you are a real diamond :).
EricFitness
STARTING OUT

Post by EricFitness »

Maybe all u need is a treadmill at home.. treadmills will make some one more disciplined.. just imagine u are on a running mill and there is no stop button.. that will keep u running. cant go wrong.. lol.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Boss Man wrote:If there is anything at all we can do Lu, get in touch with us anytime, or feel free to PM me if you'd rather have a discreet one to one, but whatever happens, GOOD LUCK to you and hubby from us all and thanks for all the constant support and humanity you've given over the past several months, you are a real diamond :).

Thank you so much Boss Man, I truly appreciate you - but the bottom line is I need to commit to eating right and getting at least a moderate amount of exercise. I need to get off the page that I need to do ALL or nothing.....when body started screaming at me I let myself down and fell off the wagon , so to speak. I'm still a mess, but just yesterday I decided to eat "right" at least during the week, knowing weekends won't be perfect this summer. It's the food I put in mouth that is the biggest problem, and I know it!! So - I just need to stop!!! I'm fortunate that because I'm fairly muscular and have taken care of myself in the past, that I don't look as bad as I should at weight - I'm still pretty solid - soooooo wish me luck, I'm about to get on board again to a healthier life.
EricFitness wrote:Maybe all u need is a treadmill at home.. treadmills will make some one more disciplined.. just imagine u are on a running mill and there is no stop button.. that will keep u running. cant go wrong.. lol.
Eric, the sad thing is I have an entire gym in home, treadmill, elliptical, spin bike, functional trainer, dumb bells, barbells, Smith, medicine balls - everything! I have no excuse :(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Lu; speaking about your issues is a key cornerstone to change. Identify failings then work to resolve them. Yes you have the equipment at home, but it would be easy to suddenly go urrgh, just looking at it and I can understand how that might happen.

Bear in mind you spent most of your life not living like this, so just like the individual who lives 35-40+ years with a weight problem, you lived with a long time fitness decline, through certain habits, so it's understandable that certain entrenched attitudes to life will come back sometimes and overcome you, especially becasue you were not young and thrusting when you started this, so you didn't have a good 10-20 years of constant effort, before age made it feel like it might be starting to be like more of a taxation.

I've known people like that,. that committed so much in earlier life, but are sporadic in their middle age, espeically if the greater commitment from earlier years, came from some sort of sporting interests or the military.

Edgar HF who used to be on here, was a prime example of a military man, who let it slide when he left, because suddenly the lack of forced routine, from being potentially too senior to be the man he started out as, or just from getting fed up of the life he lead, probably encouraged a looser mindset to wellbeing, causing his reluctance to treat his body right for years, until age told him to get moving again.

For me, it was probably easier to get started, as I was 23 and not very active, but I was a bit moreso in younger days, when doing the usual childhood larking about and when school made me, but I wasn't someone with bad habits, so I was the inbetweener, neither living a bad life nor a very good one, so age and being in the middle of the spectrum, probably helped me to get into it and commit properly without derailing the train several times.

Admitting you have had problems being consistent is okay, believe that because it's true. There is a beautiful truth to words like yours and I think it's so heart-warming, when you can be honest in a way that makes what you see as failings, look like a reason to smile and say "there you go, I externalised feelings and I feel better now, knowing other people will get it and it makes it more real and more difficult to hide from, but that's good as it means I can try to recover from this now."

That is something I have always admired in you, the fact you don't come across as sounding pitying or whiney, (that is not implying anything about anyone else here past or present), but the fact you are honest, truthful and a little brutal withyourself at times, but not overly critical or harsh that much.

You'r a really, really good person and a very genuine and heart-warming Lady and I am happy that you have been able to express yourself like this, because I want you to feel something really, really positive from this, because I think you deserve to :).

Nobody likes to admit negative things about themselves, because we want to be pretty flawless, every hour of every day, barring minor things like moments of forgetfullness and clumsiness, but not flawed by way of repetitive daily actions and / or on / off behaviour patterns, that dog us for years.

I have never stopped believing that you CAN achieve what you want and you CAN continue to do what is right for you, if you believe enough in it and believe in your own ability to make it happen.

I am sending you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK, because I am proud of you for talking about your detachment issues to good living and I know you wil make this happen, because you're a long time dead and someone with a lot to give to yourself as well as others.

Keep believing and GOOD LUCK.

You are a wonderful person and you ARE capable of showing yourself, the kind of humanity you extend to others :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

How are you doing Lu? How's the diet & Working out?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

miss you Lu :cry: Hope you are doing well. :)