Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by fat-to-fit »

Hi Lu! It's Becky. You didn't know me that well though. :) Lynne quit posting about 2 years ago. Do you ever keep in contact with her? Would love to hear from her. :) Nokie is still around here. Maybe she will stop in. Hope all is well in life. :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Hi Becky! Thanks for responding! I was hoping to find Lynne, especially with all the flooding in Texas, hoping and praying she and her family are ok.

Hopefully I'll be back soon, so glad to see Nokie is still here too!

Have a great day!
Lu
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Love to have you come back! the sweat sisters post regularly here and they are around your and Lynne's ages. Not that I am that much far behind in age :) but just thought I would mention it so you know. They are in the workout journal section too. :) Nice ladies. :) And boss is here still too. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Would love for Lynne to pop in too. :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

I've kept up with Boss on FB
battery is almost dead, I'm waiting to get an x-Ray- talk again soon!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK with that.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Good Morning!

Thanks Boss....I'm good, no broken bones. Two months ago I was moving too fast ( nick name use to be Speedy :roll: ) and rammed right shin into a hard plastic milk crate that was laden with heavy photo albums (I was trying to digitize Mom's and mountains of photos!) Anyway left me with a 4-5 inch gash that still has not healed :( since I still have pain, and leg, ankle, foot remains swollen,the doc wanted to rule out that I might have a fracture, chip or something of the bone. Now using compression socks and icing it, seems to help. Guess we just don't bounce back like we use to!!

Good news is I'm starting to lose weight, even without exercise. Just over 10 lbs....at least 40 more to go. I want to start exercising (I'm very ready!) again, starting with stretching, floor exercises, just plain walking....and some resistance training to begin with. At one point I was focusing on heavy weight....I think lighter weights with more repetition is what I should aim for.

Becky - did you use to have a different user name? I don't remember this one :?: I look forward to seeing you and everyone, but I'm still on the mend.....soon!

Lu
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Low rep heavier weight is usually the way to go, as gaining a bit of muscle helps as 1lb of added muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories and as long as the technique is good and you don't overload with weight, as well as avoiding risky movements, like behind the neck movements, wrist curls and side planks on the palms, as examples, you'll be fine.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

ldematto wrote:Becky - did you use to have a different user name? I don't remember this one I look forward to seeing you and everyone, but I'm still on the mend.....soon!
yes I did. I'd say it but I hate it so I won't. haha. I just made it up on the spot not thinking I would be here long. :wink: Hope you feel better. :)