Work In Progress - FitoverForty

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Work In Progress - FitoverForty

Post by fitoverforty »

fitoverforty wrote:Monday's workout:

2 miles elliptical - steady pace

2 x 12 x 2 Bent rows 20lbs DB's
2 x 12 Military Press 40lb

1 x 12 Bench press - 80lbs
1 x 12 Bench press - 90lbs :D :D heaviest I've ever done :D :D

1 x 6 Deadlift - 90lbs. - new record for me!! woo hoo :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
1 x 10 Deadlift - 60lbs.
Athene wrote:Nice PRs on your lifts, Lynne!

You are starting to look like a superhero, too :D
Thank you. :D

Tuesdays workout:
Early a.m. speedwork at track

1 mile warmup run
1 - 400 meter
1 - 800 meter
.5 mile cooldown run
stretches

I have decided to end "Work in Progress" journal. It's been a great 3 years and 200 pages full of fitness life journey. Good times, bad times, hard times, emotional times. Victories, defeats, ups and downs, battles won and lost, progress made then lost, and made again. I've never regretted starting this journal, and it has proven to be a lifesaver for me in these last 3 years. I have learned so much about myself in this process - most of it good, but some things I learned I needed to change. I've "met" so many people over the years who, although I would never meet in person, have become friends to me. Many have gone from here, and I miss them and think of them often, and many are still here who I enjoy reading their posts everyday.
Bossman, you are the best, your encouraging words, advice, help and just "being a friend" has been SO valuable to me, and I thank you from the bottom of heart.
In the last 3 years I did not change into the physical picture I had in head that I wanted - but I changed on the inside so much, and I became a healthier, stronger person, both physically and mentally. And I'm not done yet. I will always be a work in progress. :D
I found the courage to test myself, to push myself harder than ever before. I completed a triathlon, ran another 1/2 marathon, and got back into the racing 5k, 10k world. I'm not afraid of the gym anymore, or of the "big" weights - I love weightlifting, I get so much inner power from that - not to mention, bad-to-the-bone muscles. :wink: And I am looking ahead constantly at what I can do next. The Texas Masters Track and Field is next on list, as is the Texas Senior Olympics.
One piece I leave you with is - never underestimate the power you have within yourself to accomplishment all of your goals. Never give up, or give in. Always dig a little deeper, try one more time, give a little more of yourself. Love yourself enough to improve on your health and body.
Believe in yourself and remember that every day you wake up breathing is another day to make a difference in not only your own life, but others as well. :mrgreen:
I'll be around, reading and commenting on posts - may even start another journal someday soon.
Thanks to everyone who ever read this journal, commented on it, learned from it, was inspired by it - whatever it was for you, thank you for reading it and being a little part of fitness journey.
Peace and love,
Lynne
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm glad you will still be around, because this place wouldn't be the same without you. You have a beautiful personality, a lot of warmth and a unique charm and it's been a privilege to come across someone like you and in your own way you have come quite a distance in 3 years and have found mroe of the person that exisited inside of you, even when in the past you may have doubted that person was there, or doubted it could be possible to be who you are now 3 years on.

You have always deserved and earned undying respect and support and if you ever need to talk privately about personal stuff, or need to discuss worrying site issues, I will always be here for that as well as ever.

You have done a SUPERB job of making who you are, gain more life, vitality and physical capability and at 50 you are showing people, that failure only happens when you give up, because even if you overstimate the size of an insurmountable task, a person can still succeed if they try to get as close to what isn't possible as possible.

I wish you every success and GOOD LUCK with your chosen activities and life and say THANK YOU for your ever present light and I'm sure you'll continue to do great things for yourself and others around here :).
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

It's the end of an era! Cheers to the next chapter, Lynne!
Thanks for the inspiration.

Love and Hugs,

Karrie
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

always loved reading your journal Lynne. Hope you decide to make a new one. Good luck with your future goals in everything that you decide to do. :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Good Morning Lynn! I think about you often and hope all is well! ~Lu
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

hey Lu! Good to hear from you! I think about you often too - so glad to see you are doing well.
I retired this journal - i figured 200 pages was enough. :D
But I have a new journal in the Diet Journal section - "Trying to eat unprocessed in a processed world". :mrgreen:
steph101
STARTING OUT

Post by steph101 »

WHAT AN INSPIRATION! That's awesome! Good for you :) I just started to make money using blog because alot of people were into the information I give! You should totally do the same. You're very motivational!!!! :) !! keep it up!
Zoe4
STARTING OUT

Post by Zoe4 »

It sounds so good :D