Work In Progress - FitoverForty

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Work In Progress - FitoverForty

Post by fitoverforty »

thanks Boss man!

Monday:
elliptical 30 minutes steady state
then weights:
2 x 12 bench press - 80lbs (machine)
2 x 12 x 2 bent one arm rows - 23 lbs (had to hold a 20lb DB and a 3lb DB in one hand)
2 x 10 cable Deadlift - 50 lbs.
2 x 12 Lat pulldowns - 50 lbs.
1 x 10 squat w/press up (holding a 35 lb plate above head, squat, come up and straighten arms lifting plate up)
....almost broke nose when I finished and lowered the weight back down crashing it into the bridge of nose! ouch
2 x 12 incline pushups
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Tuesday:
Speedwork at track
400 meter repeats
1. 1:59
2. 1:51
3. 1:56 - pulled hammy again :x :cry:
was doing so good when BAM it happens

Wednesday: no workout, was bummed and generally held very own pity party. :|

Thursday:
30 minutes Elliptical interval fat blasting workout
30 minutes weights
full body workout w/db's
:D :D :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

[quote="fitoverforty"]pulled hammy again [/quote

Sorry to hear that Lynne! i think it's that dang speed work causing again don't you think? What do they suggest for speedwork and preventing that, just stretching and good warm up i guess?? hope it heals soon. :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

musculArgirl2 wrote:What do they suggest for speedwork and preventing that
not being 50 would be a good start.. :lol: No, seriously, I just haven't really let it heal up long enough, and yes, it's the speedwork that is aggravating it. So, I am going to back off of the track work and concentrate on more trail running, and HIIT intervals, fast and slow.

Saturday's workout:

20 mile roadbike ride. Felt good to be on road bike again. Kept a good hard pace, but had to be careful with the hamstring. I could only "push" on the downstroke, and not "pull" on the upstroke on the bike turnover - so I was only able to use half leg strength, but that's okay, I'll take it. :D
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

fitoverforty wrote: Saturday's workout:

20 mile roadbike ride. Felt good to be on road bike again. Kept a good hard pace, but had to be careful with the hamstring. I could only "push" on the downstroke, and not "pull" on the upstroke on the bike turnover - so I was only able to use half leg strength, but that's okay, I'll take it. :D
20 miles?! You are awesome, Lynne! And congrats on getting the bike going again. I'm sorry about your hamstring though - injuries suck and are such a pain to work around.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

fitoverforty wrote:Saturday's workout:

Always amaze me with your dedication Lynn! :mrgreen:

Question – (and please don’t take it the wrong way) But with 20miles... does your butt hurt? I went bike riding for only 30mins and I didn’t like it because the seat was too uncomfortable for me. How do those professional do it?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Athene wrote:20 miles?! You are awesome, Lynne! And congrats on getting the bike going again. I'm sorry about your hamstring though - injuries suck and are such a pain to work around.
Thanks, it is tough but I just gotta find a way around the injuries and do what I can. :D ...cause I ain't stoppin. :mrgreen:
Nokie173 wrote:Always amaze me with your dedication Lynn! :mrgreen:
Question – (and please don’t take it the wrong way) But with 20miles... does your butt hurt?
Thanks Nokie - and yes, butt (and other areas) are a little sore, but not bad. riding saddle is a small racing saddle with cutouts made for women, plus I wear padded bike shorts. I try to change positions often too, and if I see rough road ahead I stand up off the saddle til I'm past it - all of that seems to help. :D :D
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Monday's workout:
Cardio:
1 mile indoor track run
2 mile elliptical tempo "run"

Strength:
2 x 12 bench press (machine) 80lbs.
2 x 12 x 2 Bent arm rows - 23lb DB
2 x 10 Military Press - 40lb
1 x 12 DB tricep dip - 20lb
1 x 10 x 2 Step Ups - 40lb
2 x 12 Cable Deadlift - 60lbs
2 x 12 Captain's chair leg lifts

Tuesdays workout:
Easy run at track - can't do speedwork yet. Did 2 miles
While we( running group) were there, another group of people came out to the track, and lined up to run, they sprinted down the track, then dropped & did pushups, then got up and ran back, dropped did burpees then ran again repeating the cycle 3 times, then they ran a lap and went back inside the weight lifting area of the school gym.
Well.......you know me.....I could not stand it...I saw them doing the pushups and I asked who they were they said "Crossfit"....well say no more! I asked if I could join them - much to the shock and dismay of running friends who were staring at me like I'd lost mind! :mrgreen: I'm looking back at them like "what? don't y'all want to do this too?"...so I ran down the track with them, dropped and did 25 pushups, ran back, dropped did 10 burpees, then ran a 400 lap. I don't know what the "crossfitters" thought - they didn't say much to me. They probably thought "who is this old lady trying to run with us".... :roll: :lol: :lol: That's alright.....I beat two of the guys on the 25 pushups.....left them crying in dust.....bwahahahaha!!!!
running friends (I'm older than all of them) - just laughed and said something like "you crazy girl, you craazzzyyyy!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
....most fun I"ve had at the track in a long time.... 8) 8)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Wednesday a.m. workout:
30 jumping jacks
5 pushups
25 high knees
7 burpees
10 crunches
7 squats
5 pushups
10 crunches
5 pushups
7 squats
30 jumping jacks
1 minute wall sit - KILLER!
5 pushups
25 high knees

did this circuit 3 times w/1 minute rest between.
Round 1: didn't time
Round 2: 4:53
Round 3: 4:26

Let's have a little challenge for fun. Try this workout today. doesn't matter what your time is, but if you want to do it for time that's cool. Modify it in the areas you need to - Just try it, even if you only do one round - give it a go.
I would love to hear how everyone does and how they felt. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I'll try it tomorrow Lynne. i like that you joined the crossfit group! :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

musculArgirl2 wrote:I'll try it tomorrow Lynne.
Awesome! Can't wait to hear how it goes. I really liked it. It was a short but intense workout. The wall sits were cruel and sweet at the same time. Cruel because quads were screaming, but sweet because it gave me 1 minute to try and catch breath. :P
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I will have to remember that once foot heals - I have an issue with going back to gym, not sure why :( So right now I need to at least get myself going at home when I am able, so that would be perfect :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

feelin-great wrote:I have an issue with going back to gym, not sure why
i'm kind of having that same issue lately.
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i did it Lynne. I skipped the burpees. and modified the jumpin jacks a little. definitely got heart pumping i was at 4:54 but again i skipped the burpees too. I liked it! wall squats i started out too high i think because 30 seconds in i was thinking this isin't too bad so i went lower and i think i still could have gone longer probably because of starting out too high.

dog found it entertaining. She heard commotion and came and watched me do it. :lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I had a guy tell me once, he joined a Gym that also had a pool and it was only £25.00 a month, but what with work he only went there once and actually had a swim.

Then he basically said it was a really expensive swim :wink: :wink:.