Work In Progress - FitoverForty

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Work In Progress - FitoverForty

Post by fitoverforty »

musculArgirl2 wrote:i did it Lynne. I skipped the burpees. and modified the jumpin jacks a little. definitely got heart pumping i was at 4:54 but again i skipped the burpees too. I liked it!
That's awesome! So glad you gave it a try. It's a good workout to do a couple of days a week.
Yeah, the lower you go on the wall squat the more intense it will be. I try to go low enough that thighs are level and parallel with the floor, I push back with heels to take some of the weight but it is killer. After the minute is up it is almost just as hard to get up from the wall sit as it was to sit thru it! :roll: :lol:
Good job Becky!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I'm going to try it again but yeah probably do it 3 times next time. what i liked it was short but got your heart up too. and it was pretty basic for me to do. I don't jump because of feet so i didn't do the jumping part but otherwise was fine to do.

Where do you find body weight exercises like that routine? do you make them up?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

musculArgirl2 wrote:I'm going to try it again but yeah probably do it 3 times next time. what i liked it was short but got your heart up too.
Short but intense. It something easy to do at home, no equipment needed. :D I get workouts from alot of different places. Sometimes I make them up too. This particular one I got from a fitness website.

Saturday's workout:

8 mile road bike ride / 3 mile treadmill run
Squats, leg lifts, pushups

Getting sweat on today!!!

Feeling awesome!! :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote:Getting sweat on today!!!

Feeling awesome!!
Looking good Lynne! quite a bit of bicep action there. :wink:
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Lynne you look pumped! Nice!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

musculArgirl2 wrote:Looking good Lynne! quite a bit of bicep action there.
Athene wrote:Lynne you look pumped! Nice!
Thanks ladies! I was in full on beast mode when I took that pic :lol: endorphins run amuck. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Love that feeling....you know the one I'm talking about....when you are so zoned in to your workout, so completely in sync with your body - you want one more mile, one more set, one more rep, so you push yourself a little harder and you go that extra little bit...you just feel invincible!! That's how I was feeling. 8)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

fitoverforty wrote:Love that feeling....you know the one I'm talking about....when you are so zoned in to your workout, so completely in sync with your body - you want one more mile, one more set, one more rep, so you push yourself a little harder and you go that extra little bit...you just feel invincible!! That's how I was feeling. 8)
Yeah, "Beast Mode"! Your post made me think of the Flo Rida song "Good Feeling", it plays at gym a lot. "Ohhhhh sometimes.... I get a good feeling.... yeah" ;)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Athene wrote:Yeah, "Beast Mode"! Your post made me think of the Flo Rida song "Good Feeling", it plays at gym a lot
wanna know what they were playing at gym tonight?...... "Word Up" by Cameo
in case that was a little before your time....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and yes....it took every thing I had not to "wave hands in the air like I didn't care..." right there on the gym floor :lol: :lol:
...if I had a dollar for every time I hit the club dance floor back in the late eighties, early nineties when this song came on....oh..word up - I'd be rich. :wink:

Mondays workout:
Elliptical Intervals 1 min. fast / 1 min. slow
1 mile treadmill run
2 x 12 bench press - 80lbs
2 x 12 x 2 bent rows - 20lbs
1 x 12 military DB press - 20lb
2 x 12 deadlift - 70lbs!! woo hoo
1 x 5 x 2 bulgarian squats
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

WOW... love the bicep pix! (Mental note - Nokie.. don't EVER make Lynn made... Just look at those arms!!! :shock: )
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Cameo ha ha ha.

Not really bag truth be told. I like black guys to play guitars and sing about lying, cheating women or sing about their troubled lives and that sort of thing :wink:

Though I don't think most dance floors echo to the sound of Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters or Blind Blake ha ha.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Nokie173 wrote:WOW... love the bicep pix! (Mental note - Nokie.. don't EVER make Lynn mad... Just look at those arms!!!
ha ha Thanks Nokie! :D :D
Boss Man wrote:Cameo ha ha ha.

Not really bag truth be told.
:lol: I knew it wouldn't be BossMan. And it wasn't really thing either....just the dance of the times, and a little single girl "party life" going on. :wink: 8) 8)

Today's workout:
1 mile on track warmup
Ran around track incorporating each side of the tracks football field Stadium stairs. So I would start out run around the track, come to the guests side stadium, run up and down all the bleacher stairs, then back onto the track, around to the home team side stadium bleachers and run up and down all those stairs (2 up, 2 down).
Man, talk about a heartpounding workout! Really worked the quads and hamstrings. Hoping to build strength in the hamstrings to lessen the injuries.
Did 2 complete laps with stadium bleacher stairs included. About a 14 minute workout 1 min. w/rests between each lap. Then jogged another .5 mile to cool down.
LOVED it. But I'm just crazy like that. :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

fitoverforty wrote: Today's workout:
1 mile on track warmup
Ran around track incorporating each side of the tracks football field Stadium stairs. So I would start out run around the track, come to the guests side stadium, run up and down all the bleacher stairs, then back onto the track, around to the home team side stadium bleachers and run up and down all those stairs (2 up, 2 down).
Man, talk about a heartpounding workout! Really worked the quads and hamstrings. Hoping to build strength in the hamstrings to lessen the injuries.
Intense workout! The squats you do are the best thing to prevent the running injuries. Keep strengthening the muscles around the joints of the knee and hip, and you'll be able to keep giv'n'r like always :) It's refreshing to read how energized you are by your training and how much you enjoy it. I have to try to bring a little more of that to cardio workouts.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

thanks girl!! I am really focused right now during summer to strengthen quads and hammies, plus those supporting muscles around the knee to get ready for the Fall/Winter racing season. I loved the stadium workout, kept heart rate up, kept mind busy and it never got boring. :D

Thursdays workout:
Did a cardio/strength workout: 2 sets
1st set:
1 minute jump rope
1 minute step ups
1 minute jumping jacks
20 burpees
Run 10 minutes (treadmill)

2nd set:
1 minute jump rope
1 minute step ups
1 minute jumping jacks
20 pushups
10 tricep dips
Run 10 minutes (treadmill)

Saturdays workout:
3.5 mile Trail run

Loved it!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Monday's workout:

2 miles elliptical - steady pace

2 x 12 x 2 Bent rows 20lbs DB's
2 x 12 Military Press 40lb

1 x 12 Bench press - 80lbs
1 x 12 Bench press - 90lbs :D :D heaviest I've ever done :D :D

1 x 6 Deadlift - 90lbs. - new record for me!! woo hoo :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
1 x 10 Deadlift - 60lbs.

feeling pretty superhero bada$$ right now. 8)

Was really tired when I went to the gym tonight - wasn't feeling it at all...then I end up having one of the best most productive workouts in a long time - lifted heavier than I ever have. Funny how that happens! :roll: 8)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Nice PRs on your lifts, Lynne!

You are starting to look like a superhero, too :D