C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Finally got a grown up pot and pan set lol. Every week I try to cook a new recipe for lunches for work (meal prep for the week). What you don't see in the pic is ground sausage and diced tomatos in the slow cooker already.

I knew this time around to make this lifestyle stick I have to keep it fresh. I can't keep making the same boring dishes all the time bc that just makes me want to turn to junk food to make up for what I got tired of. Its been working great the past 2 months. Breakfast and dinner are usually simple since I make lunch the heavier meal. Breakfast is either eggs, Turkey bacon, stove top oatmeal with diffent mix ins, or organic cereal. Dinner is anything from a Turkey burger to a large protein shake. snacks during the day is usually fruit such as apples with peanut butter.

At work we have bagel day every Friday. I used to eat a couple that day then take a ton home. I used to eat heavy carbs like Mac and cheese all the time bc it was easy. Its been a nice change let me tell ya. Don't feel sluggish anymore.

I haven't mentioned it but during the summer bc of being at heavest I was having problems with left hip. When I walked at the park I had to keep sitting down. That was what really kicked this into gear bc when I sat there and saw a girl run by races flashed through mind. Mostly the half marathon and how I felt when I finished and the water works from the feeling of being invincible. Then there I was sitting on a bench bc of letting myself go. That was when I started to plan and figure out what can I do differently to see this through? What can I do to make this a full lifestyle change?

With being on month 2 of this I've never felt better without lying to myself bc in the past I always knew that how I lost the weight wasn't the greatest. Either did stuff like cut too low of calories or juicing ect. The whole loose weight quick shit that just makes things worse. I always knew at the back of mind I would fall back bc how I was doing it wasn't ultimately fixing the problem long term.

I've been battling this since I was a kid in the 5th grade. 28yrs old now and I feel like I've finally got this. Granted it also took fixing other factors as well like the people I surround myself with ect. Hasn't been an easy proccess at all but it has been teaching me a lot along the way.

All I can do from here is see how it continues. I try to look at it at a month at a time. I have a workout journal that has each months program I make up as well as how I feel some days and what little things I noticed along the way like hip pain going away! It's a nice reminder on days I have a hissy fit. Lol
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Annual check in. :) just did a quick workout on the elliptical so I could reach the step goal for the day.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

rockchick_82808 wrote:Annual check in
i think you mean daily. check in :wink: Just teasing you.

i'm not a pt but i bet there are stretches you can do to help your hip. maybe mo has some suggestions. :)

Your doing a great job Chris!
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thank you! Last week was a struggle. I only got in 2 days then the rest of the week i was tired as Hell. Pretty sure I was fighting a cold. Decided to take a break them jump back in this past Monday. Felt great Monday but at the same time kicked . I could feel how different body was resting that long. So the first pic is Mondays workout and the second is tonight's. Now reistance for tonight I forgot to set watch so I only tracked about half of it. I know I burned more than what's shown.

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

how are you doing Christina? Hope you are still focused. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Hey guys.

Yeah I totally fell off the band wagon with working out. Kept up with the food so I'm still down 14 pounds.

The last 6 months I've had female issues. This past month I've finally come back to normal. For 5 months straight I was bleeding. I had test after test and it came down to being over stressed. So I cut back on grandma the past few months and last month I stopped working out until the medication I was put on stopped it.

I finally stopped and as of Monday 3days a wk workout begins again. :)

Needless to say this health scare was the reason I even started up again. I was giving up on myself and when this happened a lot of stuff ran through mind. Different parts of life overall I have just settled with will be changing.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

did they think it was endiometriosis? Glad your feeling better. I never knew stress could cause that. Great job with keeping your weight loss up. :clap:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good to know you're improving :).
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey Christina,
I hope you are doing well. We all fall off the exercise wagon at times. That is why we are here for each other. I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope to hear more of your journey to better health as this year ends and the next one unfolds. :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

hey chris! How have you been doing? how is your cycle i hope it's stopped. you have had quite a few health issues the past few years. Probably more than any of us. And you handled them really well. Hope all is well and come and update us if you have a chance. :)

FYI i am going to Northern Michigan either in August or September. Maybe we could plan to meet up?? i know you are downstate. But you never know.

i would be near harbor springs/pewtoski area. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I've been rereading your journal lately chris. i can read while i work at slow times so i do in between doing things. i also watch movies. :funny: I'm watching 50 shades of grey right now. :funny: it takes me forever though to get through them while i work though. Anyways i wanted to say you really inspire me. I know you really have been through a lot and that care a lot about your family and had to be strong at such a young age.

Anyways, hope all is well. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

are you still interested in art Christina? have you ever heard of fiverr It's a freelance site for just about anybody. mom is doing a children's book so we hired someone from on there. She is quite good. Some are animated or computerized some are actual drawings. There is some knowledge involved I'm sure for somethings but it's just a thought for you.

EDIT: it won't let me show the address but message me if you want the name.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Making a Come Back.

I can't believe how many years it has been since I have been active on here. There is a lot that has gone on. So much to go over, but I only have a few minutes right now until I go into work. So here is a quick overview.

I am still battling weight loss. I had realized that I had surrounded myself toxic friendships, relationships and so forth over the years. I was also a workaholic and committed myself more to any job than I did myself. Spending most of time working overtime than working on myself. Just like I had spent most of time helping others. I had realized that even though it is good to be selfless, I had to learn to become selfish and be there for me. It has been a hard and long road of this.

I had ditched the toxic friends, even the ones I grew up with. I had started a new job this past February. I had graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition as a health coach this past January (which has helped me so much in this journey). I had even called off engagement recently because I had realized how unhealthy our partnership has been. We are still together, but working on our barriers and him going to therapy (long story short I became his caregiver not his partner, and as stated above I always put others first and that aided in this issue where it became all one sided and the focus was him the last 4 years not us and I will leave it at that).

So, I had started a new gym that I will be attending 3 days a week, Zumba two days a week and do best to get back into journaling on here for accountably. goal for the next month is to focus on building habits for myself while ditching the old. I also am focusing on this lifestyle to work while I start college soon. I work full time, for the first time since I started when I was 18, I am working only 40 hours! Plus, from home and only 4 days week! Like I said, I was committed to drastic change. So this helps with being able to stick with a workout plan, and be able to attend college online. I want to become a health educator or coach in the future as new career once I graduate. I want to use experience and journey to help others. In the mean time, I need to use these 4 years to focus on myself. I not only plan to graduate with BA in Health Sciences degree, but then go for masters in health coaching right after. So this is going to be quite a break through in following dream career wise. I never did that before either. Just took whatever job I could with little passion because I was so afraid to go after it and also, no time for myself.

I do not regret doing what I had done because heart and support is a wonderful part of who I am, I just have to learn to have that same amount on others on me. So, I hope that like in years past, this forum will help me stay accountable and be real and raw about what is going on. struggles, success and so forth. I hope to meet some great people (if some people are still here that were in the past, I am looking forward to getting in touch with everyone again).

Here's to the next chapter in life and a very exciting one at that! Can't wait to chat with everyone again and build a great support team along the way. :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Boss Man wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:53 am GOOD LUCK
Thank you so much. :)