C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Today was a great day. Continued with 15 min walks during work breaks then went to the park and walked 3 miles.

When I was on walk I realized how proud I am of the big changes I've made. All very hard choices and drastic, but needed. I've gone from an hr a drive day to work plus working 50-55 hrs a week regularly for the past 7 yrs to working from home and only 40hrs. I have been able to take notice on so many areas of life that needed attention. I went to school to learn nutrition and will be furthering that education this year.

Sure, body looks like it's been through hell....because it has, but that doesn't mean anything is at all over. I firmly believe these other variables (including those not mentioned) were the very reason I was never able to have that permanent lifestyle change. Food and workouts are only a small piece to the puzzle. With continued work and changing those who are around me and building a support team, more success is the come. I have always been a fighter and have always been strong. The last few years made me grow more emotionally and mentally. Now, it's time to become physically strong.

Good night everyone. Talk to you again soon.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Luck C-tina! Glad to have you back. :D
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

chriscandothis wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:36 pm Good Luck C-tina! Glad to have you back. :D
Thank you so much! It feels great being back. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Day 3 has been wonderful. Walked again on breaks at work then ended the night with zumba. Plus new sport bras came in! Girls, I know y'all can relate that when the jiggle is held life is so much better. Lol!!! Great way breaking them in with dancing butt off. Ha ha!
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Checking in.

Yesterday kept up walking breaks during work
Then went to the park for a 1.5 mile walk. It started to rain so headed back home.

Today I tried this intense 65 min zumba video for the first time. Couldn't finish it. That will be a goal. As I keep improving cardio I want to finish that whole video by the end of September, if not sooner.

Tomorrow I will do a walk on the treadmill since it's going to rain all day. Sunday is rest day. I'll check back in next week with everyone. Hope everyone has a great weekend. :)
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Great job on the walking and workouts C-tina! Yes we can totally relate to keeping the jiggle to a minimum! :lol: Zumba is a great workout. Glad you are enjoying your "you" time.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

This is already a great week. 3rd day working out. Soon I will start adding pics of weekly log from fit bit on here. More accountability.

Still keeping up with walking on breaks. Today I even added a half mile fast paced walk at 5am before i started work.

Really building on the cardio for right now. I think that will be main goal for this month to get energy up and going and building routine. Then get into resistance training starting next month.

Cheers to a great a great start to the week!

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Here is last weeks stats on fitbit. Ignore the weight bc I honestly don't enter it to date on it. This is a great pic to see the progress of this week. Super stoked about it!

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Here's a sneak peek at a day this week in the pic below.

It has been a good week. Very sore. Lol. steps on a regular day when I used to work at the office would be around 3,000 when I got home at around 4 PM mon -friday. I would be so tired I didn't do anything when I got home.

Now I work mon to thursday from 630am-5pm and I burn almost 2,000 by 1pm. I get on the treadmill in the morning and on breaks. I am doing a workout video after work as well or get on the treadmill or walk at a park.

When i first started working from home it was very hard to get up and walk. I went and did a couple laps around the block each break and that would do me in for the day.

Those who have a sedentary job know how your lower back muscles and hips go downhill if you do nothing about it. I will be doing a sit down job now 8 years come next February. It's crazy thinking about it. Different roles in the company but same sitting. So thankful we were offered to do it from home now. It's been a blessing.

I have been debating if I want to enroll in the fall semester in college or wait until January so I can spend this time to get habits built up. The college still hasn't received transcripts yet from Integrative Nutrition Health Coach certification, so it may not make it in time for enrollment anyways. At least application will be good for 6 months so plenty of time to reach January enrollment.

This has been a hell of a life journey for me. Facing so many issues that caused issues with weight and a lot of lessons along the way. I still battle putting myself first and it's something I really need to work on. I know it won't happen over night, but I feel this point in life brought me another shock to the system I needed.

relationship with ex fiancee for starters is so messed up. The stress at home has been hard. When I gave him the ring back a week later he went into the psych ward at the hospital bc he wanted to kill himself. Since then hes been at house and off work bc when he went in the next day he had an accident with a machine. Hes been home with no pay for 2 weeks now and still no word from this 3rd party company who is supposed to handle the short term leave. So as the relationship has been the last 4yrs, it's on me to literally carry the weight again.

Idk what will become of us, if things will be fixed as he is finally going to group therapy and going to a private therapist. Facing his own issues and opening his eyes to what pain he has caused to me and how I played a mother role not a partner role. A pastor friend of his offered to chat with us to help, just waiting to see when he is available to do so.

It's been stressful and i have always been an emotional eater. It's been a fight for me the last 2 weeks to not turn to food and using journal has been a massive help to stay on track. It's the very coping mechanism that got me here, so i have to learn to stay on track and not fall back again.

Needless to say since he has been here he knows I'm done holding his hand through life and I'm focusing on own now. Its felt good and has helped me get through this patch of shit right now.

Life always has a way of forcing you into facing what you have been putting off for too long. Well, here it is. Lol

I'm grateful I kept this account and have it to go to for support and get issues off chest.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to getting this weeks stats on sunday and post them here. I'm proud of how I am handling everything and can't wait to share little victories. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Yey! I did a great job this week. Very proud of the progress from last week.

I stayed consistent with food journal and hitting cal burn goal each day. Yesterday I felt so good I went and walked two laps at a park. It felt great. Ready to see what this week will bring.

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Workouts have been great still. Been staying consistent. I wish I was able to upload more pics but I dont want to pay that website money to use it since I already used the free amount for the month. Lol

Been on the treadmill everyday. Went to the park as well. I'm going faster and noticing distance is improving. I took a peak at the scale to see if this is paying off. 6 pounds down. :)

School will start in January. I got email that I was accepted to the college! So I have time to get these habits in order to balance it when that starts.

Looking forward to sharing more with you soon. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. :)
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Woohoo!! :D Great job C-tina! Keep up the great work. :thumb:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

chriscandothis wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:38 am Woohoo!! :D Great job C-tina! Keep up the great work. :thumb:
Thank you so much! :D
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Checking in. :) most of last week was good.

Friday-Sunday was a test. I went out all day Friday and Saturday. I ate out those days and feel I did good with the choices. The temptations were not there like they used to be. Sunday I stayed in and rested as blister on toe healed. I ordered a pizza and afterwards retreated it. Not feeling guilty for ordering it but feeling tired after. It had been over a month since having that much bread in a sitting so I crashed. I honestly dont think I would plan on ordering one again for quite a long time. If anything, maybe just get a slice from somewhere when out and leave it at that. Lol.

All in all it was great week. All other days I stayed on track with work outs and food. 😀
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Is there anyone out there, who had a lot of weight to lose, but were afraid to get there? I know when I had done self sabotage that thought was there. The idea of being in a unknown body and being seen differently than I have all life is pretty scary. I'm just curious if anyone else felt this and what they did to overcome those thoughts.

Once in awhile that hits me again, but at least I don't run to the fridge in response anymore. Lol