Rich's Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: Rich's Journal

Post by richs »

Well, had a slightly below average week. Missed a leg workout and had a few cheat meals but did good at still controlling calories. I was a little light on protein but not horrible. We are going to favorite resturant this Saturday but other then that it should be smooth sailing.

Scale still went in the right direction. Slow and steady wins the race:

205.8lbs
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Here is a recap of journey so far.

5/21/12- 229lbs
5/27- 226lbs
6/4- 225lbs
6/11- 223.2lbs
6/18- 221.0lbs
6/25- 218.7lbs
7/2- 216.5lbs
7/9- 215.0lbs
7/16- 214.2lbs
7/23- 212.4lbs
7/30- 214.0lbs
8/6- 211.0lbs
8/13- 207.9lbs
8/20- 207.0lbs
8/27- 205.8lbs

Goal= 190lbs by November 10th 2012
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Great progress from the beginning of summer. Nice to see that. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well I don't think you're going to have any problems reaching the target.

Good job man, you've every right to be proud of yourself. WELL DONE :).
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Thanks guys. I actually had first real bad day. Not sure what happened but I was not feeling that great when I got home from work and ate everything in sight. I have not had that in months. I am ticked off and back on track. Hopefully it does not hurt me too much. I figure I scarfed down 3000 calories so the damage will not be too bad.

I think I know what caused it so that will help to make sure it does not happen again.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main thing is to recognise what caused it and then to able to learn from it and also to care about it the fact it happened, not just pass it off with a flimsy excuse, or some blazé attitude.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Great advice Bossman. I had a great day yesterday. Ate perfect, got water and had a wonderful workout. bench went up 20lbs from LAST WEEK!! Of course tri's and chest feel like noodles. I got to work this morning and weighed myself and I am actually down weight so all that I gained Monday is gone and more! Just goes to show to not give up after one bad day. only worry now is treadmill is acting up at home. I use it on off days and it is vital to me. I really don't feel like dropping th cash on a new one but this is very important and if that is what I got to do then so be it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Theoretically a temperamental treadmill will still be of use, even if the electronic control system didn't wrok. As long as you could physically propel the belt around with your own muscle power it would still be workable, so not necessarily in need of replacing.

You could also get it up to a fair old lick, then alter the cadence you use, to fluctate your heart rate per session, instead of maintaining the same heartrate for the whole of a session, so you'd be creating a scenario, where your cardio would potentially become something the body wouldn't adapt to, maintaining the initial efficacy.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Good thought, I will try pushing it with the treadmill off and see what happens.

I do HIIT's twice a week and when I get it up to 9mph the belt sticks when foot lands. It was very minor before but now it is not safe at those speeds. I learned last night I can puth the incline up to 12 at 3.5mph and it will get heartrate to skyrocket for 1 minute interval. This will by me some time.

The weight is flying off right now and the scale touched in the 203's this morning but nothing official until monday. I am going with wife and parents to favorite resturant on Saturday night but plan is to eat a small portion and save the rest for Sunday. Fingers crossed from Monday's weigh-in. You cannot imagine how excited I am being so close to breaking 200 with clothes and shoes on. Go RIch Go!!!
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Well, I blew it. We hit the resturant and I did ok but then I got a good deal on a resort package for Sun-Mon. Not so good. It was a recipe for disaster. This was best work-out week but by far worst eating week. It is what it is now and I am ready for a good week. This will set me back a bit but not by much.

206.4lbs
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Just get over it and try to learn from it, that's all you can do. Beating yourself up won't help; but I'm sure you'll find a way to get over this and concentrate on what needs to be done.

Good luck and just keep looking forwards not back :).
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Just wait until you see the number I WILL post on Monday. body just flushed itself and wow man, it is looking good. I will not screw it up this weekend and already made provisions to make sure I stick to it. Things are getting good now. I cannot believe how much I am down right now. Best part is weights at the gym just keep going up up up. Got some veins popping out too. Feels good after last week.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Glad to see you're feeling good. Keep doing your thing :)
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

200.4lbs

BAM!!

Still had a small cheat this weekend or I think I would have been just under 200 but I am not complaining. I learned that I was not getting enough fat in diet and once I upped it...WOW it just melted off. I got a long ways to go but am excited. muscle definition is coming out around shoulders and veins are starting to appear. Weights continue to go up at the gym and the DOMS are all but gone. I feel GREAT!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

richs wrote:200.4lbs
richs wrote: I feel GREAT!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: congrats on the weight loss! Looks like you are doing everything right and it is paying off. Keep going! :D