Rich's Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: Rich's Journal

Post by richs »

Thanks, I will check it out. I have a good system for now that is working but I am always up for new programs.

I ordered some more Gold standard and it came with a sample packet of a fat burner. I don't get ito that sort of stuff but though what the heck...Well heart is racing and I feel like I am going to puke. I also feel like running...as fast as I can...go go go go go go. Like I just drank 5 cups of coffee. How in the world do people take this stuff. Definitely not for me.

I had a good week. A bit low on cardio but I did that on purpose as a test and I found out I need to keep the cardio. I was feeling a bit under the weatehr earlier in the week but pushed through it and feel great now. I will not sucumb to any excuses for not working out anymore.

I took some pics and must say I do see a difference but not as much as I was hoping for. As long as there is progress I am happy. It will be a long journey but I am going in the right direction. cravings are gone and I got it easy. Having wife work out with me is the best thing and that is going great.

Life is good and for those that are going through a rough time in your life like I just did know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you just have to keep pushing through to get there.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

It's so nice having a supportive spouse that helps with your goals, glad you have that resource :)

That fat burner stuff scares me too! I don't like feeling like that. Keep up the good work, slow and steady wins the race.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Whatever that gold standard stuff is, I'd try looking into a comparable alternative, because the fact they tried to entice you, to take a disgusting piece of filth fat burning product, by offering a free sample, is to me suspicious and I wouldn't want anybody sending me free samples of things when I order stuff. I'd know what I wanted and if I wanted other stuff, I'd check it out, then either order some or not.

Yes the sample could be canned, but if the product was that good they wouldn't need to entice people with free samples, it would sell itself. It's not like going to a supermarket and being offered samples of a new salami brand, or a new own brand cheese for example and I don't think they should have been doing that that's all :).
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Well, I had a pretty decent week. The week was perfect but the weekend not as good. I hit legs pretty good and to surprise I got so sore that I am having a very hard time going down stairs 2 days after the workout. I think doing squats for the 1st time since working out again had something to do with that ;) I know body and anytime I am sore the scale comes in a bit higher so this weigh-in I am acutally up quite a bit. I have reviewed the week in head and am going to do some small tweaks to nutrition. This has really motivated me as I do want to see that scale drop every week.

214.0lbs
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Did some walking on the treadmill last night to try to loosen up the legs. Wow I overdid it on Saturday. This morning they are still sore to the point I have a hard time walking. I have a chest/tri workout tonight which will be fine and plan on more walking after the workout. I took vitamins and fish oil and drank usual gallon of water yesterday. I must have had too much sodium for weigh-in yesterday because body let it go and this morning I weighed-in at:

211.7lbs!

Normally I just weigh once a week but yesterdays number had me thrown for a loop. I feel better now :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It could have been a Sodium issue as you say. The best time to weight is always first thing in the morning, after a potty excursion and the same day every week. This way you don't get any undigested nutrition and / or retained waste, skewing a potential reading :).
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

lol @ "potty excursion"!! So English of you, Boss!

Keep up the great work, Rich :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Actually I think it's the first time I've used that description on here.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

I got a great week going, hopefully I dont screw it up over the weekend. The scale number on Monday will be spectacular if I can keep it up. I really got crap together this week.

I did a back/bi workout today and some HIIT's. Man I pushed it today and feel great, TIRED but great. Every week I feel better and stronger. And for a bit of TMI, "performance" is noticeably better. All smiles at house right now :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Someone sounds very "happy" :wink:
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Excellent to hear! Keep that momentum and the good feeling will keep on going.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Yeah, I spoke too soon. dad had a huge party at his house on Saturday and a bunch of cousins came over. I have not seen them in a while. I ate the best I could at the party but there was nothing healthy to choose from. But then I went out with cousins after words and lets just say...NOT GOOD. I am still full this morning so I am going to skip breakfast. I did not get much sleep. Dang the weekends I tell you! Weigh-in is tomorrow and I plan on pounding the water today as I am a bit dehydrated. I did have a lot of fun though :)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Life happens, don't beat yourself up, just get right back to it :) And if you're hungry at breakfast, eat breakfast. If you're not, skipping a meal is okay.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

211.0 lbs

Could have been better but oh well. Had a great week and the scale went in the right direction. It is so great to know that even if I mess up that does not mean it is the end. I just get back on the horse and continue down the right path. I am not looking at it as a race.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Great attitude. I had a slip up recently and am employing the same mentality. Back on the horse we go 8)