Rich's Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: Rich's Journal

Post by richs »

Thanks so much. I am lighter then I have been in the last 10 years. This weight is fully clothed with shoes on. The earlier journal entries from a few years ago is with no clothes on. I am trying to contain myself but when that scale says under 200 I am going to party and scream like a 5 year old girl at her birthday party. Of course I cannot celebrate with food which is a bummer but that would defeat the purpose :)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

CONGRATULATIONS!! Wow!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You could celebrate with food. You could do some kind of fan dance with lettuce leaves, whilst naked and slowly reveal yourself by eating one leaf at a time :P.

Assuming your betrothed wouldn't think it went against any marriage vows of course :wink:.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Boss Man wrote:You could celebrate with food. You could do some kind of fan dance with lettuce leaves, whilst naked and slowly reveal yourself by eating one leaf at a time .

Assuming your betrothed wouldn't think it went against any marriage vows of course

that's funny boss. :lol:

congrats rich! Not an easy thing to do. :)
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Sounds great Bossman but why would that be different then any other monday night? :D

Thanks for the kind words guys. It means a lot.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Well, I got sick. Feel like crap and have not worked out since Monday. I am going to try tonight but take it pretty easy. eating has not been good but am back on track today as I am feeling slightly better but still have chills and am plugged up. Getting sick has caused me to quit several times in the past and if you read early journal entries from a few years ago that is what happened. It will NOT be the case this time around and I will be back on the horse after this minor setback.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good man. Sickness and mild bits of stiffness don't need to sideline you.

I've heard people saying they didn't workout for a week or two, with a slight cough or a stiff elbow, or a broekn tow. attitude is how does a slight cough stop you lifting? Do you need that elbow to you use an Exercise Bike, or do some types of Leg exercises, (machine based versus free weight)? Does that broken toe represent a hinderance to your bench pressing?

Minor niggles or injuries can be worked around, by cutting the weight on one or two exercies or removing those exercises for 1-3 weeks, until you're tolerant enough to them to start them again.

Obviously serious injuries that sideline you for months or more, like Patella Tendon or achillies heel injuries for example, need complete rest, no dabbling, but minor niggles just need common sense not complete rest and the same goes for minor viral things.

Obviously if you've been struck down with flu, or something seriously debilitating in the short-term, like Salmonella or Botcholism, then a week to ten days off is best, then allowing for a tiny bit of muscle loss, drop about 5%-10% weight of your lifts and work back up.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Thanks Bossman, that is what I needed to hear. It has not been a good week and I did not get to the gym other then Monday. It is closed tomorrow but I will be back on Monday. I will do some cardio tomorrow at home and get eating back on track. Enough milking this and time to get back to work. I am NOT looking forward to the weigh-in Monday. I bet I am up 4lbs :(
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

202.4lbs

Back on track and looking forward to working out again. I have a real bad cough yet and a lot of congestion so I might wait until tomorrow but promised myself I would get 3 workouts in no matter what. I have always quit before when this would happen. I won't let that happen this time around. It is tough though, cravings are back with a vengence and old habits reappeared as I sat on butt and watched TV through illness. Time to get up and get moving again!
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Ugh, I've been sick too! Glad you're doing better now.
richs wrote:It is tough though, cravings are back with a vengence and old habits reappeared as I sat on butt and watched TV through illness. Time to get up and get moving again!
You need to rest when you're ill, be kind to yourself. As for the cravings, I always try upping fat and it seems to make a difference to cravings by making me feel satiated. I don't know if you like olive oil with vegetables, or almond butter on an apple or anything, but those things have seen me through some iffy moments.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Thanks, fat does the same thing to me.

I was getting better but have gotten worse the last few days. wife has it bad as well. I am going to take it easy and eat at maintenence until this is gone. I don't think being at a deficit is helping me any and I have no strength for working out. The wife and I are on the same track and are hoping to get back to normal on Monday. There is no question weight will be up but I dan't care at this point. The sooner I can get better the sooner I can get back to the gym.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Well, not too bad considering. I am finally feeling much better and hit the treadmill yesterday. We are planning on hitting the gym like normal this week. I tried to keep eating under control and did ok but it definitely could have been better. It is hard when you are sick. motivation is very high right now to keep on rolling and view this as a very minor setback.

203.0lbs
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Hit the gym last night for a chest/tri workout. bench weight barely dropped at all. That really surprised me. shoulders were sore for some reason but did a few warm up sets and that seemed to stretch them out. I am feeling 90% right now and saw a big drop on the scale this morning. Not sure I can go sub 200 on Monday but should be real close.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

richs wrote:Not sure I can go sub 200 on Monday
I know what you mean. I don't eat their food, but I think if I did, I'd be sick of it long before I ate 200 subs :wink:

Oh wait you meant drop below 200lbs. Yeah I knew that :P
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

lol :D

I saw a number that started with 201 this morning...Come on 19*.**!!