Just starting

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Just starting

Post by fitoverforty »

Take care Edgar. Sending hugs and prayers your way. I hope everything gets better soon. :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Take care Edgar - I hope everything gets better for you soon! And no need to apologize, you take care of yourself!

I hear you on the bad winter running - nothing is cleared off around here for running. And there is no way I could handle the cold weather we have been getting - you're braver than I am :shock:

Go Pack Go :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't worry about it fella. life is what it is sometimes, you take rough with smooth. You of all people don't need to apologise for not being here much lately, whatever the circumstances.

You're a good man so cut yourself some slack and just do what you can on here when you can, that's the main thing.

You'll always be one of us for as long as you want to be :).
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

I am still running 3 days a week, but I have cut distance lately to 3 mile runs. Sunday, I will begin to extend them again. The shorter distances have been giving legs a chance to heal I do not know right now if I will financally be able to handle the half marathon in April as it would involve a tank and a half of gas and an overnight stay in a motel. I will see what happens. I will continue to train for it in any case. Right now dream of running the Chicago Marathon this year is dead. I will not have the registration fee by Feb 1st and it sells out quick. Again I will continue to train.

I bought a beginners cookbook and it might as well have been written in Latin. I do not think the author know the definition of the word "beginner" :lol: . I will be back in the swing of things again soon, but I am feeling pretty down. Nothing, though, is going to make me quit. I have come too far.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Hey Edgar, you don't know me that well (I'm down in the diet journal area) :) i have a lot of weight to lose and I really like your journal. It inspires me as i flip through page after page and you see weight losses each week! Hope things start looking up for you soon! :)

maybe and look and see about other half marathons where you can just drive in the morning. I'm willing to bet the chicago area must have quite a few in the spring and summer. :)
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

musculargirl wrote:maybe and look and see about other half marathons where you can just drive in the morning. I'm willing to bet the chicago area must have quite a few in the spring and summer. :)
Yes, you are right there are plenty of halfs in the area. The racing season has not even started yet. I am having a hard time, but will make it through this. This lifestyle change I made is a lifetime thing for me. :) :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

EdgarHF wrote: I am having a hard time, but will make it through this.
I hope everything gets better for you soon, Edgar. You are hero. :D
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Hey, I'm Karrie. Just saying hi and good luck, I too have been inspired by your journal : )
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Thanks for the support everyone. I am just checking in quick before going out for a 4 mile run.
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

As Lesplease would say.

"Dear Diary,"
Tuesday, I charged 145 dollars I can't now afford on credit card to register for the Chicago Marathon. I worked too hard to give up on dream.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

i don't blame you Edgar. If it's your dream i say go for it, you only live once. And really, $145 isin't the end of the world debtwise speaking. :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

EdgarHF wrote: I worked too hard to give up on dream.
That's right Edgar, I'm glad you are going ahead with it. I know you will not regret it. :D
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

You definitely won't regret it - you have worked so far that you deserve to be there :D
omarr
STARTING OUT

Post by omarr »

hmm looks like a good start thats for sure.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Miss you Edgar. :?
How's fellow running enthusiast doing?