Just starting

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Re: Just starting

Post by EdgarHF »

I am posting today because it is now one year since I began taking care of health. I know I have not posted in awhile but I am just just not yet in a good state of mind for personel reasons. I have been maintaining weight loss and I am still running regularly. I did a 3 miler this morning. I am hoping to start posting regularly again starting end of May / beginning of June when marathon training begins in earnest. I miss everyone here and hope I can catch up when I become a regular again.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

EdgarHF wrote:I have been maintaining weight loss and I am still running regularly. I did a 3 miler this morning.
That's the important thing Edgar. I've missed "seeing" you in the forums and reading your posts. Take care and keep it up, you are doing great. Come back when you can. :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main thing is to do what is best for you. You're a top, top man and you just need to remember all the good things about yourself and know that the world is better off for having people like you around.

Keep on keeping on and no worries fella, because for as long as this site exists, you'll always be a very welcome part of the community.

I hope whatever is happening passes as soon as possible. GOOD LUCK, chin up and don't let them or it grind you down.

If you ever want to talk, PM me in confidence, stictly between us, because a mod can be there if needs be.

Good to see you here again and hopefully there will be many more times to come :)
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Happy Mother's Day to all moms. I will begin offically training the Chicago Marathon next Sunday. I am currently working on run schedule. I will be posting regularly again once training begins. Well, I will be posting regulatly as long as computer holds up. It as been down more than up lately and I can not post from work laptop. I do not have the in person support I had last year now that I am in Palatine. I am currently financally stressed and I can not afford to drive into the city to run with running group. I do prefer running alone, but I really think the social aspect helped alot. I still hope I can do this. No matter happens I am not going to quit.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keep on believing man. You have had one or two difficult things in life to deal with in the last several years, but it appears time has not withered you, but made the man stronger.

You ARE becoming a rolemodel, espeically to the more maturer person, becasue you've proved so many times that aging doesn't mean you accepting it and not trying to strive for more, when more isn't there, because it is, you've strived and you've earned the rewards.

I know you will make a darn good fist of training for that marathon, even if it means possibly having to pull out, (hopefully not so though), but the main thing is you wanted to do this and the person you are now, is a person that would not cave in after a week and act like it's beyond their capabilities, but someone who will try within the boundaries of good physical reasoning, to make this want a reality and a done deal.

You have shown people you have more human worth and value, by realising it yourself. You've doen great things in the past year and a bit and I know a marathon is now something you ARE ready for mentally and emotionally and I know with your old forces background, you'll have the grit and will to commit to the training process and see it through and I wish you a lot of luck trying :).

Keep us posted and keep on trucking fella, because you've done a great job of turning your life around and you CAN be proud of yourself and if a certain Lady was here now she'd be proud of you for what you've done and I think you've probably started to live in a way, she'd always hoped you would and would approve of, which is to grow and burgeon off the back of difficult circumstances, not wilt and become a lesser man, which would have been an easier thing to do.

I think you've definitely done her proud big guy, so hang in there and if not necessarily for yourself, then do this Marathon for her and let her be the inspiration for a potentially crowning achievement in your life.

I know though, however and why ever you chose to do it, you'll do it well, because you've become a man who doesn't do things by halves :).

GOOD LUCK.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

EdgarHF wrote: I will begin offically training the Chicago Marathon next Sunday.
Woo Hoo!! I am excited for you! :D
EdgarHF wrote: I still hope I can do this. No matter happens I am not going to quit.
You CAN do this. You are hero Edgar. You have more strength - both mental and physical than I think you realize. I can't wait to follow your training journal and then see YOU with your Marathon finisher medal hanging proudly on your neck. Keep believing in your strengths, you got this. :mrgreen:
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I really like reading your journal on running and weight loss. Looking forward to hearing about your training. :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

The chicago marathon is next weekend. Edgar are you out there? :D HOpe your training went well and injury free and you are able to run next weekend. :D Good Luck if you are running!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I've been thinking about you too Edgar. I hope all is well with you, and if you are running your first marathon this coming weekend, I wish you all the best!! :D
sanjeev342
STARTING OUT

Post by sanjeev342 »

EdgarHF,

Glad to see you're working on it at least! Stay positive and focus on what you've done not what you haven't done. suggestion is that you start simple, *very simple*. Set a goal to exercise everyday. That doesn't mean you work out intensely everyday, just do an exercise or two and just make sure you've done it. You don't even have to count how many you've done. What matters is that you'd have done something by the end of the day. Soon, in about two to three weeks, it becomes a habit and then going to bed without exercising will feel like going to bed without brushing your teeth that day. It's all about the mindset.

Let me know what you think,

Sanjeev