Jocelyn's 1/2 Marathon Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

feelin-great
VETERAN

Re: Jocelyn's 1/2 Marathon Journal

Post by feelin-great »

Hey Becky! Yes, I am in California :sunshine: it's been pure insanity for the last couple of months. The move was rough (really bad driver that made life really not fun) but I survived! I was able to sell house quickly, I closed on January 30th. I have been here since January 19th. Stewie handled the trip well :thumb: mom came with me and is still here, she leaves on the 19th. I'm really nervous for Stewie after she leaves, he will be home a lot since I work long hours :(

On the weight side, I'm not doing so well. I have gained a lot again. When mom leaves I will start Insanity DVDs again. It's too dark when I am home to be running safely outside so when it starts getting lighter at night I will give it a try! I have a gym on sight but may have to stick to weekends for that because Stewie is already going to be home alone 12 hours a day. i have a lot to lose but I will get there. Life is much better here, coworkers are great and I don't cringe at the thought of going to work, so that's a plus :mrgreen:

I will try to start posting more again! Hope everyone is doing well :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Thanks for coming to post Joc!! I've honestly been a bit lonely here no one has posted for a couple months. It's made me quite aware that I need a bit more of a social life. :funny: In truth i've missed you all and your support and hearing what you are all up too. You guys inspire me!

I think California would be such a nice place to live. :) Poor Stewie!! Can you find a doggy daycare near by to take him? I know they aren't cheap but 12 hours is an awfully long time to leave him alone. You got to do what you got to do though.

I was going to do 30 day shred but instead started p90x this week so when you start Insanity you will be in company. I'm just doing it twice a week the strength dvd's and the treadmill intervals the rest of the time.

Glad your liking work better and it's working out. :D :D I'm sure you will get back into shape. I think just being in california with the nice weather will be motivating!

Thanks for coming by and yes try and start posting again soon and maybe we can get Nokie and Lynne to start posting again too! :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I know how you feel about Stewie though. I'm going to Florida this spring. And dog lately when i leave her has been having accidents in her kennel. Only when I leave her in her kennel. Luckily i don't have to leave her in her kennel often but i am boarding her while i'm gone. I worry about how she will be.. I'm worried they won't bathe her if she has an accident and i just know she relies on me a lot. The lady that is watching her is the lady i got her from. She is a breeder that found her at the pound and took her home and had her a year. She even named dog so she does care about her. And she will be able to play with a lot of dogs which she will love. I just worry. It also makes it hard to leave her at all whenever i have to put her in her kennel.

So i do know how you feel. It will work out though for both of us.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm happy for you that things have work out Jocelyn; you're a wonderful person and you deserve it :thumb:.

As for the weight at least you're still hanging in there. The main thing being that giving up makes success impossible, but when there's still some spark of hope somewhere then there's a chance to move forwards and make more happen for your own well being, so GOOD LUCK and as always, we are here for you.

Chin up, keep believing and remember that you ARE worth it :).
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Becky - I am looking into a doggie daycare just for 2-3 times a week. It's expensive but worth it if it helps him. I am not sure how he will handle it but it's worth a try!

Thanks Bossman - nope, I am nowhere near giving up, just had another hiccup on way! Being here definitely puts me in a better situation so now that I am settled in and getting used to things I can get going again :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

feelin-great wrote:Becky - I am looking into a doggie daycare just for 2-3 times a week. It's expensive but worth it if it helps him. I am not sure how he will handle it but it's worth a try!
I think that sounds like a great idea. :thumb:
feelin-great wrote:nope, I am nowhere near giving up, just had another hiccup on way! Being here definitely puts me in a better situation so now that I am settled in and getting used to things I can get going again :D
I predict you will be getting into shape quickly! It's kind of like a fresh start for you and you seem happier I think. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hope you started Insanity and everything is going well?? Hope you are enjoying california too. and meeting people? And not lonely?? I'm sure it's quite an adjustment... And Stewie is doing okay?

Will be driving through La Crosse on way down to Florida soon. It will pitch dark out though so i won't see too much. taking 52 to 90. :mrgreen:

Keep us posted Joc. I would like to stay in contact and keep going with goals and weight loss and i hope you want too to. :D :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I don't remember for sure but i "think" it's your birthday today. So happy birthday Jocelyn. Hope all is well. :sunshine: :clap: :clap: :wave:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Wow Becky, I'm impressed :clap: yes, birthday was the 23rd :) I'm going to start posting again but I'm going to start a new thread in the diet section!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

feelin-great wrote:Wow Becky, I'm impressed :clap: yes, birthday was the 23rd :) I'm going to start posting again but I'm going to start a new thread in the diet section!
To be honest i had read the first page of your journal and it's on the first page your birthday i wasn't sure what date but Lynne said happy birthday on the 23rd. and it sounded right. i didn't exactly remember. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You must do what is best Jocelyn, but know that whatever you do post we will be behind you all the way :).
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Boss. Jocelyn posted here a long time ago I was just commenting now on her birthday remark. Ha hA
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I know. I was referring to the last thing she posted :).