Jocelyn's 1/2 Marathon Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Jocelyn's 1/2 Marathon Journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Sounds exciting jocelyn!! Hope it works out for you. :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I was actually speaking literally boss man :lol: I plucked at least 12 this morning and then I ran out of time so I had to stop. The last two weeks they have started showing up at an alarming pace :shock:

Thanks Becky! I am really excited, but sick to stomach at the same time. It would be a great opportunity for me and when I am there I am so happy and I love the people I work with there. Then I come back to work here and I deflate. Everybody (almost) I work with are so negative that I drain the second I sit down. And in California I wouldn't have to deal with the winter weather and I can run outside all year long - and I get get Stewie outside all year long :thumb:

But on the downside I am super close with family and it will be hard to be 2,000 miles away. I will miss nieces and nephews like crazy. And cousin/best friend is already making me sad for leaving.

On the bright side mom agreed to come spend a couple of months with me during winters :D

Again, I have to wait to see the offer because the cost of living there is insane compared to the middle-of-nowhere place I live! So it may not pan out either - I'm trying not to get hopes up too much!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

feelin-great wrote: was actually speaking literally boss man :lol: I plucked at least 12 this morning and then I ran out of time so I had to stop. The last two weeks they have started showing up at an alarming pace :shock:
I "think:" don't know but that blonds tend to get grey's more quickly. one blond i know had grey hair in her twenties.

well, if it's meant to be it will happen and work out. living far away is hard though i will say from family but it's also a new experience and you will meet people as you go. i think meeting people in certain areas is easier like the west coast because there is so many transplants. here in the midwest there isn't as many most people are pretty rooted with family so it's harder to make friends if you didn't grow up here and have family here.
that's opinion anyways and i'm sticking to it. :wink:
Where abouts in california is it if you don't mind saying?? you will have nokie as a neighbor maybe. :wink:

enjoy your trip to florida. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well whatever happens Jocelyn, we will be here to support your decisions and you as well, so GOOD LUCK with everything, chin up, keep smiling and no worries okay :).
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I have been trying to login for over a week to post but haven't been able to! I finally managed on phone so this will be short - bossman help!!! I can login but when I click on board index I get logged out. But it still shows me as being logged in at the corner of posts. Sometimes I get as far as the board I dex but when I try to reply to a post it sends me right to the login screen. I can't believe I finally got in. I still can't on computer and the only got in on phone after I checked the log me in automatically selection. That didn't work on computer though. I have to go but hopefully I can get this straightened out so I can start posting again!!!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I had the same problem Jocelyn. cell phone wouldn't work either. I was able to long on today by clicking when you log in to the selection to automatically log you in right next to the hidden one underneath the log in.. hopefully that makes sense!! LOL i have a hard time logging out now. it won't log me out. So if you see name up here half the time it's just because i can't log out. :funny:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I am now able to login on computer. Hopefully it lasts!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I ran tonight for the first time in quite some time. The intern from office moved in a few blocks from me and she got me out tonight, exactly what I needed! I forget how much I love it!!! I have that awesome burn going in legs that only comes from running :D There is nothing else that gives me that feeling and I didn't realize how much I missed it :mrgreen: All I needed was for someone to give me that little push :D

It's official, I am moving to California :sunshine: It will be after the holidays - I convinced them to let me wait until then so that I can spend that time with family. On the bright side, I will be expected to come back to the corporate office at least once a quarter so I will still get to see family plenty :thumb: I am really excited - a little scared - but mostly excited! It is going to be an enormous lifestyle change but to be honest, I need it. I have been in such a rut the last few years and I think I need to get myself out of comfort zone of small town and put myself out there.

One thing I am super excited for with the move is the fact that I can run outside all year round without having to worry about subzero temps and snow :mrgreen: I am a little worried about Stewie since he is not used to being home alone all day, but he will get used to it and he can run with me all year round :) mom is planning to come spend a couple of months with me during the winters so that will be nice - and Stewie will be happy :)

The next couple of months are going to be insanely busy so I will really have to focus to keep up with exercise!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

feelin-great wrote:t's official, I am moving to California :sunshine:
Awesome Jocelyn. Happy for you!!! :D :D :clap:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

feelin-great wrote:I am really excited - a little scared - but mostly excited! It is going to be an enormous lifestyle change but to be honest, I need it. I have been in such a rut the last few years and I think I need to get myself out of comfort zone of small town and put myself out there.
It is a scary thing to move far away from home.. But i think it will be good and you also get to see your family often still so i think it really will work out nice! and your mom visiting you won't get too lonely. What's nice about out west too is there are tons of transplants that move there. So it's easier to get to know people.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK with everything Jocelyn.

As for the board problems, I had some too, but they should be gone now. There's been some behind the scenes work going on to change some of the websites functions, but the associated issues affect users seem to be pretty much null and void now, which is a plus, so you shouldn't get any real issues from now on hopefully.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Moving to Cali sounds like a great experience! Never been there, but hope to next year.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Both sisters moved this year so i know how stressful it is to sell your house and pick up and move. They both have children which makes it hard too because of schooling. one sister is still in the middle of moving. Good luck with the process and have a nice Thanksgiving! :D :sunshine:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I do admire you Jocelyn moving far away. It's not easy I'm sure. You are very independent and smart though and I'm sure it will all work out. You said you are moving after the holidays so i assume soon! Good Luck! :sunshine: :sunshine:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Would love an update on how you are doing Jocelyn. California sounds like such a nice place to live. Nice weather for sure. I think that right there would be motivating to exercise a lot. Not sure what part of CA you are in though. Did you sell your house? Are you in california now? So many questions i have! :) Have you found some nice places to run? Hope all is well and you are happy and glad you moved. :D :D