Exercises at home for weight loss?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

x3N3Cl20
STARTING OUT

Exercises at home for weight loss?

Post by x3N3Cl20 »

I'm 130kg and hoping to drop to 80kg but I have a busy life and I don't have much time to go out and gym. Any exercises or programmes I can do like 100 push-ups, jumping jacks and anything? If there is any trainer or experienced personal I would really appreciate it if you would tell me what I can and should do at home.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Exercises at home for weight loss?

Post by Boss Man »

Try this. I posted it some time back for a few other people. Anything you don't understand, just ask and me or possibly someone else will clarify.

3 minutes jogging on the spot.

Circuit 1.

1 x 45 seconds Squat Thrusts.

1 x 45 seconds, High Knees.

1 x 45 seconds Spotty Dogs

1 x 45 seconds Star Jumps

1 x 45 seconds Pendulum Swings.

1 x 45 seconds Burpees.

Including transitions, approximately 5 minutes for 1 circuit.

90 seconds rest

Circuit 2. Same circuit again, but 1 minute per exercise. Circuit time with transitions around 6.5 minutes.

90 seconds rest.

Repeat circuit 1.

3 minute warmdown, jogging on the spot.

Roughly 25 minutes in total.

Take the circuits at your own pace, but in future weeks, maybe after 2-3 weeks, you could increase your pace a little more, and see if you can handle it.

Only need 3 times a week on this, alternate days.
jmvane15
STARTING OUT

Post by jmvane15 »

Running is a good cardio workout that can help you lose weight.
S150288
STARTING OUT

Post by S150288 »

I actaully think there is a lot we can do to exercise at home. What helps for me is jogging, push-ups and crunches - although I'm very often too lazy for it, so for these cases I have light weights and hola-hoop - I just found out that having some equipment if front of eyes all the time is helping me to motivate myself to use that equipment!

Here is a pretty interesting research whcih shows that people who know what they are doing and how exercises are helping them are reaching better results:http://loseweighthow.org/home/how-to-lo ... -workouts/ I just really like these kind of researches which are showing that a lot of things are happening also in our minds and celaning your home etc. is also a very good exercise!
Jenny5
STARTING OUT

Post by Jenny5 »

Ha ha, everyone of us has a busy life :-) Just like you, I cannot go to the gym as often as I want. Have you considered getting yourself an indoor bicycle? I have been looking at different brands and so far I think spinning.com has the best bikes. Other than this, you can find some time to do some running in the morning? I find it quite relaxing and it raises spirits for the rest of the day.
absperfection
STARTING OUT

Post by absperfection »

The top three ab exercises at home:
1. cycling
2.crunches
3.planking
All these effective ab exercises are perfect since they can be done anytime and anywhere at your home, plus it does not require any equipment at all. All you need to have is a space on your floor and the determination to commit to these exercises.
souce: http://goo./dxOkP
JamesDonato
STARTING OUT

Post by JamesDonato »

I've been starting off with a 20 min workout at home.

3 sets of the following

10 X Run Up and Down Stairs (I have 15 steps)
15 X Pushups
20 X Squats
75 X Crunches on and exercise ball.

It's been killing me. Hopefully I'll get stronger!
Jentry07
STARTING OUT

Post by Jentry07 »

You should try youtube.com they have a lot of really awesome workout vidoes and tons that don't require equipment!
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

The steps from basement to the first level have 12 steps. When I can't get to the gym to use the Stairmaster I "do the steps" for 15 minutes.

When I used to live in a condo we had steps (about 20) and two sets of stairs. I would run up one set of stairs, jog to the other and trot down that one and jog back and climb the original again.

Pretty much for cardio I use stairs.

Can get a magnetic resistance trainer for your road bicycle and that works pretty well too. I have an older version of CycleOps and it works very well with rode bike.

See: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... A:12144268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jentry07
STARTING OUT

Post by Jentry07 »

I've found a lot of great effective at home workouts from a blogger, here is her list of circuit workouts that I think are real calorie-burners! Good luck to you!!!
http://www.pbfingers.com/work-it-out/circuit-workouts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
samwalmart
STARTING OUT

Post by samwalmart »

I also need to take some exercise tips from the trainers who are known for there fitness and what to know something that i can do to keep myself fit and fine in future.
Last edited by samwalmart on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ObesityOverload
STARTING OUT

Post by ObesityOverload »

Hello, I noticed that you were looking for exercises to do at home.
I would suggest putting on a great pair of shoes and going running.
You could also do High Intensity Interval Training exercises like running in place, mountain climbers, planks, ect.
If you take a look at this blog post that I write, we have a lot of tips on exercises and this post is on the treadmill! :D
http://obesityoverload.blogspot.com/201 ... Qg9SR3AeSo

Hope this helps!
~Obesity Overload
stellamandy96
STARTING OUT

Post by stellamandy96 »

Once I was searching for weight loss tips in search engines, I came across “sallysymonds”. In that there is lot of information on how to reduce the weight and there is trial version for 7 days which is free of cost. If we are satisfied with that, then we can select any of the packages.
Good Luck!!!
ChariceT
STARTING OUT

Post by ChariceT »

If your goal is to lose weight, then aerobic exercises is the most effective method.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Packard wrote:The steps from basement to the first level have 12 steps. When I can't get to the gym to use the Stairmaster I "do the steps" for 15 minutes.

When I used to live in a condo we had steps (about 20) and two sets of stairs. I would run up one set of stairs, jog to the other and trot down that one and jog back and climb the original again.

Pretty much for cardio I use stairs.

Can get a magnetic resistance trainer for your road bicycle and that works pretty well too. I have an older version of CycleOps and it works very well with rode bike.

See: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... A:12144268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Utilizing stairs at home are a great suggestion. Also try adding in walking lunges and body weight squats :)