How many times a day?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kingjj25
STARTING OUT

How many times a day?

Post by kingjj25 »

I am new to working out and I just have a few questions I like to ask.

1. How many times a week should I target an area? ex: arms, legs, abs, etc
2. If your are not sore the next day, does that mean you did it wrong and no results will come?
3. How long does soreness last?
4. What if your soreness last more than a few days?
5. Considering that I am skinny, is there a proper diet or foods I should be having? (hard me to eat certain foods when I work all day and go to school)
6. How long til you start seeing results?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How many times a day?

Post by Boss Man »

kingjj25 wrote: 1. How many times a week should I target an area? ex: arms, legs, abs, etc

(Start off working all the muscles 3x a week every other day, until your body gets used to the biomechanics of weighlifting. Starting on very light weights and slowly increasing the weight every 1-2 weeks. This takes around 4-6 weeks, then you can continue to do that or try other options like splits.)

2. If your are not sore the next day, does that mean you did it wrong and no results will come?

(No. DOMS, (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness), is not an indication of good or bad workouts. Some people get it some don't.)

3. How long does soreness last?

(Around 24-48 hours)

4. What if your soreness last more than a few days?

(It shouldn't, but if so, consult a doctor.)

5. Considering that I am skinny, is there a proper diet or foods I should be having? (hard me to eat certain foods when I work all day and go to school)

(There are no proper diets as such, but I would suggest moderate food portions 6 times a day, every 2.5-3 hours on average, consisting of legumes, lean meats, mushrooms, low fat dairy, eggs, grains, fruit and vegetables. If you want something a bit more structured, let me know what foods you what and what times you eat, but what I've given you is a brief description of what you can do.)

6. How long til you start seeing results?

(I can't answer that, but give it at least 6 weeks.)