Someone PLEASE tell me why I'm not losing more weight?!

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

lifeisbeautiful
STARTING OUT

Someone PLEASE tell me why I'm not losing more weight?!

Post by lifeisbeautiful »

Here is problem. I have been exercising 6x a week for the last month. exercise includes 70 minutes on the elliptical, averaging about 650 calories burned per session and about 30 minutes 5-6x a week of the Brazil Butt Lift workout. I started off weighing about 142 pounds and only came down to about 136. 6 pounds a month? I was expecting to lose much more considering I eat about 1000 calories/ day (healthy foods with the exception of a cookie here and there and a party day on Saturdays with alcohol) . Btw, I am 5'8 and trying to get down to 125. I was always slim but gained 15 pounds over the winter and I don't feel comfortable with body. What am I doing wrong here? Its very frustrating that I am busting butt at the gym daily and not seeing great results. I am also taking a daily multi vitamin, if that helps with anything. Please help!
motivationtoloseit.blogspot.com
joe311
STARTING OUT

Re: Someone PLEASE tell me why I'm not losing more weight?!

Post by joe311 »

quite honestly, i think that's pretty good. you've lost 6 pounds this month? you really should strive for that 1.5 lbs per week. that seems to be the most healthy way to lose. also, you may be eating too few calories. you may be slowing down your metabolism a bit there. i know it seems a bit odd, that you might have to increase your calories, but 1000 calories per day with all that vigorous exercise may be detrimental to your weight loss. try zig zagging your calories, one day eat 1500, next day 1200 so on and so on. and keep the minimum at 1200.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

6 lbs in one month sounds pretty good to me! If you lose weight too quickly, chances are you will end up gaining it back or possibly going backwards.

Would be curious to know what your diet is like!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Too few calories.

You could be causing a starvation mode where the body thinks it's being starved and doesn't let you lose any fat.

Also 1lb of added muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories, also low calories could cause muscle burn which could cause the opposite effect.

You might be eating certain amounts of nutrients directly or indirectly related to bone health, in low amounts, which could cause bone thinning and over time could eventually increase the risk of small fractures, or other bone damage from the forces applied to your body when you exercise.

I wouldn't go below 1,800 calories a day, as adult females need that many when sedentary. You coould go 200-300 higher on exercise days, but anything significantly less than 1,800, could potentially cause some kind of starvation mode and an inability to lose fat again.
ruelisla
STARTING OUT

Post by ruelisla »

lifeisbeautiful wrote:Here is problem. I have been exercising 6x a week for the last month. exercise includes 70 minutes on the elliptical, averaging about 650 calories burned per session and about 30 minutes 5-6x a week of the Brazil Butt Lift workout. I started off weighing about 142 pounds and only came down to about 136. 6 pounds a month? I was expecting to lose much more considering I eat about 1000 calories/ day (healthy foods with the exception of a cookie here and there and a party day on Saturdays with alcohol) . Btw, I am 5'8 and trying to get down to 125. I was always slim but gained 15 pounds over the winter and I don't feel comfortable with body. What am I doing wrong here? Its very frustrating that I am busting butt at the gym daily and not seeing great results. I am also taking a daily multi vitamin, if that helps with anything. Please help!
motivationtoloseit.blogspot.com
Hi, i suggest that you start using workout log book and nutritional log book so you can track all your workout and the food you eat. So you can check whether gaining or losing.

If you dont have any idea what is a workout log book you can visit this site.
http://howtobebigandstrong.com/?page_id=158" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can download a free workout logbook that you can start of with.