Butt

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

n_411
STARTING OUT

Butt

Post by n_411 »

What exercise moves can I do to get a more round and lifted butt without thighs bulking up?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Butt

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Nhung good to speak with you.

Well you can do smith squats, barbell squats, jump squats, sumo squats, lunges, good mornings, possibly hamstring curls using a machine where you lie down not sit vertically, possibly front and side lunges, bulgarian split squats and their is one I think utilising a tricep pressdown machine or a crossover machine I think called glute raises which would be termed an isolation exercise, although to be honest isolation exercises in the truest form potentially don't exist or I can't think of any offhand that literally affect just one muscle.

So in reality you would get some activity relating to the hip flexors, adductors, pectineus in the groin and muscles around the hip girdle like the piriformis, superior and inferior gamellus and obturator sternus, but if you're equating bulky thighs to rugby players thighs or quaterbacks thighs you'd be hard pushed to create that look very easily.

You would be wise to consider working all muscle groups however, not just the buttocks, unless that is you have already considered or do that, in which case you can discard this last sentance :).
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Bossman has you covered but I would also like to add in the stair master!
ciliegia
STARTING OUT

Post by ciliegia »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I also want to have tighter glutes. I'd like to make squats and bridges. How many squats and bridges do I have to do every day and how long will it take me to see results?
I don't want to get bigger glutes I just don't want them to be flabby and I don't want big tights as well.

also, is there a way to see the new discussion in this forum?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Ciliega, good to talk to you.

There is no specific time frame on such things as it's down to diet and how the exercises are performed, how much weight you use based on gradual increments and the frequency with which they are performed.

As for the last part of your post, the new discussion can be seen when you go on a forum section that is highlighted on the main forum page.
ciliegia
STARTING OUT

Post by ciliegia »

ok thank you. I don't use no weights.
Swoley1
STARTING OUT

Post by Swoley1 »

ciliegia wrote:ok thank you. I don't use no weights.
You can do bodyweight deadlifts or squats.
gymcelia2016
STARTING OUT

Post by gymcelia2016 »

think bossman pretty much covered everything! :D