Light exercises for people with medical issues?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

That Fat Begger
STARTING OUT

Light exercises for people with medical issues?

Post by That Fat Begger »

Hi there, I have recently cut a lot of sugar and fat items from diet and I have lost a significant sum of weight in a small period of time. I would like to start exercising but have been warned against doing anything but "light exercises" due to medical issues (genetic not caused by lifestyle). If anyone knows of any good "light exercise" sets with can increase cardio/general health so I don't have trouble with everyday stuff that would be great :)

I have let myself use issue as an excuse for too long. Time to get back into some healthy form as I used to be many years ago!

Thank you in advance.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Light exercises for people with medical issues?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi TFB, good to speak to you.

What sort of medical concerns do you have? If you prefer not to disclose this that is perfectly okay, or if you only want to give brief overlay of the situation, but nothing in great detail that's okay too, as I appreciate I am probing about deeply personal things and I thank you for anything you wish to disclose :).

As for the training you could do a schedule something like this.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Good mornings, 2 sets, 10 reps

Vertical flyes, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day and only requires body weight

This could be adjusted to account for any restrictions in movement or range or motion if needs be.
TotalCoaching
STARTING OUT

Re: Light exercises for people with medical issues?

Post by TotalCoaching »

Whatever you do, start slowly and take breaks. If you feel unwell, recognize this and know when to stop. Try walking for starters. Instead of driving places, walk to them if it's reasonable. That being said, you should probably ask your doctor what he or she means by "light exercise" and follow those guidelines.