Inflatable pump?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

marcooli3
STARTING OUT

Inflatable pump?

Post by marcooli3 »

I am an ectomorph, or a "hard gainer" and don't do exorcise and was tasked to pump up an inflatable balloon about half body size. No problem I though, this pump made it easy, but I noticed I used all of arms, arms were bursting.

I had been told by an ex-rower that he wish now (in his latter years) that he hadn't done all of the gym works that he had as his skin was hanging now, something I always remembered. It's not danger for me of course, but I'd like a little more strength but can't find anything I like doing enough to keep it up regularly, but this was fun and easy to do at home.

What do you think about pumping an inflatable for exorcise?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Inflatable pump?

Post by Boss Man »

Well it is a valid form of exercise, but I can't tell you how effective it would be as it's not something most people who exercise do regularly and I doubt there are many, if any, although I could be wrong, scientific studies designed to prove the efficacy of using an inflatable pump, in relation to things like cardiovascular improvement and lipid oxidisation, to help people improve stamina and fat percentage.

However as a form of physical stimulus in relation to the two things I just mentioned, when done regularly it could well have some long-term positive impact, but just don't expect if you do it 3-5 times a week for a few minutes at a time to get fantastic results.
marcooli3
STARTING OUT

Re: Inflatable pump?

Post by marcooli3 »

Thanks for the info!

Maybe I just felt the burn for the first time and liked it and could easily have experienced the same sensation in a gym but have never been?

I know I wouldn't have the staying power for a membership, that's just not me, so will stick to press-ups.