Can Short Pre-Exercise Weight Training Stimulate Body?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

TechnicGeek
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Can Short Pre-Exercise Weight Training Stimulate Body?

Post by TechnicGeek »

Hi,

I have noticed that sometimes I feel like exercising and sometimes I don't. When I do, I experience "fricition-free" exercising. I feel good, no pain or discomfort and time flies fast. When I do not feel like exercising, its the opposite of what I described. I think I pinpointed what causes the former and I think it's stimulation with short workout with dumbbells. 35 bicep curls and 35 bicep curls with arms extended forward. That's it. Just this one short workout puts me "in the zone", making normal morning routine exercise smoother.

I am wondering if anyone can relate and whether there's explanation to this. I had different variables in mind which could cause it but it seems it's this weight lifting exercise.

Thank you.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Can Short Pre-Exercise Weight Training Stimulate Body?

Post by Boss Man »

I do sometimes feel differently towards exercising on occasion; for example I can just get on with it and feel practically homed in on the feeling, but other times I'll need 20 minutes to get head in the right space for it.

One time I still wasn't feeling it even in the last 20 minutes, but that is something I have never experienced since or before.

Certain factors that may influence what you're talking about could include:

A: Eating and / or drinking too much before a workout.

B: Side effects from food and drink; I:E excessive gas.

C: Lack of sleep.

D: Side effects from medications.

E: Hotter weather. This one does get me sometimes, as workouts can take another 10-15 minutes in the warmer months, than in the colder ones, because the added room temperature makes me feel a tad more sluggish.

F: Effects of a mild illness or a minor physical ailment such as a headache.

G: Stress.

H: Recent emotional upheaval, such as a family bereavement.

I: Being hungover. That has happened to one or two people who have worked out when I have been doing it and they admitted they still felt a bit hungover from the night before and don't feel much like working out.

J: An enforced layoff through illness and / or injury and / or a surgical procedure, for a period of weeks or months.

K: Some kind of side effects resulting from illegal drug use. Most unlikely, but I can't say nobody has ever worked out whilst still being under some residual opiate influences, as it must be impossible to quantify such things anyway, in relation to everybody who has ever worked out in a gym.

L: Hunger and / or thirst

M: Eating or drinking something unpleasant that leaves a bad aftertaste in the mouth.
TechnicGeek
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by TechnicGeek »

Can sexual activity affect too?
fitncer
STARTING OUT

Post by fitncer »

any exercise burns something. in fact, even if we don't do anything, our skin sheds 1 million cells withing 24 hours. They become dust.
TechnicGeek
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by TechnicGeek »

fitncer wrote:any exercise burns something. in fact, even if we don't do anything, our skin sheds 1 million cells withing 24 hours. They become dust.
It's due to body processes that subconscious part of us manages?
WilliamYoung
STARTING OUT

Post by WilliamYoung »

What is Short Pre-Exercise Weight Training guys?