Is swimming a good exercise?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

PaulTorresK
STARTING OUT

Is swimming a good exercise?

Post by PaulTorresK »

A famous proverb says " Health is wealth". It is actually very true. Only if the body is healthy we will be able to do our work. In this hectic life, I think exercise is very necessary to keep us relaxed. Actually speaking I don't have time to go to the gym for exercising. But recently I came across an article which speaks about the health benefits of swimming(http://www.soldapools.com/blog/service- ... -swimming/). It says that swimming can make you relaxed and can help you to get rid of stress and tension. Is it true? I have a pool at home. So will it serve the purpose? What are all the exercises that can be done at home? Please do share your suggestions.
marcellanb1990
STARTING OUT

Re: Is swimming a good exercise?

Post by marcellanb1990 »

I started swimming classes on beginning of this year, and the results were astonishing for me. energy levels increased, body got toned, and I rarely get sick.
WilliamYoung
STARTING OUT

Post by WilliamYoung »

Swimming is one of the best exercises you can do. It not only increases your whole body fitness but you feel a whole lot better to.
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

Swimming is also great as unlike most other forms of exercise, it's not taxing on your joints. It improves endurance and strength.
Rippedjym
STARTING OUT

Post by Rippedjym »

You will burn calories just from the cold and then the fact that laps require whole body . It’s a win win .
goffjuan
STARTING OUT

Post by goffjuan »

It's a peaceful form of exercise. Help reduce stress also.
Fishman
STARTING OUT

Post by Fishman »

Swimming is a great low impact option especially suited to take the stress off your joints. I swim as often as possible
FunRun23
STARTING OUT

Post by FunRun23 »

Just started swimming recently myself. I'm not great at it yet but I am building up stamina and ability. I started out not even being able to put face in the water, lots of progress for me!
ChampionRising89
STARTING OUT

Post by ChampionRising89 »

I like to swim every now and then, but if your goal is strength, then I'd not make it the main part of your workout. You can use it after training for relaxing, or during your rest days at a slow pace, so you can remain active.
Jaryprest
STARTING OUT

Post by Jaryprest »

Hello,

When it comes to cardio, in experience, nothing is more difficult and makes you feel like your gonna puke than wrestling and swimming.
tylerr
STARTING OUT

Post by tylerr »

Swimming is probably the best all around exercise that you can do.
dmart69
STARTING OUT

Post by dmart69 »

Swimming is a good all-round activity because it: keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body. builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness.
minimara
STARTING OUT

Post by minimara »

Actually it's one of the best exercises, strange that you didn't know this fact.
ashishyadav
STARTING OUT

Post by ashishyadav »

yes, swimming is best exercise and i love to swim
RandolphRay
STARTING OUT

Post by RandolphRay »

I used to swim at school, but because of injury, it was difficult to continue. Now it's not difficult to swim 25 meters. When I needed to lose weight I was advised to swim, and really, I lost weight very quickly, and body became tightened. In addition, it's a great way to relax after a working day.