Bodyweight routine

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

siddhant1991
STARTING OUT

Bodyweight routine

Post by siddhant1991 »

Im having a look at reddits rr and doing just push ups, pull up negatives , dips, rows

I dont know to do legs as Im working out below building where theres a pull up bar and a dip bar. And pushups can be done on the ground

Im usually aiming for 3x8 for all sets then changing the form and stuff . Will this with a slight surplus be enough for a good upperbody? Im shooting for a 5 to 6 kg weight gain in 5 to 6 months. Atm am 80 kg and very skinny fat at 5 11. When i pull skin up i look skinny but when i leave it , it looks very fluffy.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Bodyweight routine

Post by Boss Man »

Diet is a key part of change, but I don't think you doing 3x8 sets is too much, but that does depend on how frequently you do that and whether you're using weight or just body weight
siddhant1991
STARTING OUT

Post by siddhant1991 »

Oh on the progression for the next steps on rr it says to change the form after hitting all 3x8
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Change the form?
siddhant1991
STARTING OUT

Post by siddhant1991 »

Change the variation*
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

So you're saying it tells you to change the number of reps, sets, or both, or do you mean it's telling you to rotate the exercises, so you don't do them in the same order?
siddhant1991
STARTING OUT

Post by siddhant1991 »

I mean to say when you hit 3 x of push ups it says to change it to diamond pushups then when you hit 3 x 8 of that change it to planche pushups

Same way for pull ups first negstives when i hit 10 second negatives 3x8 go for pullups and so on and so forth.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

okay those alteration to the pushups seem fine, as for the legs you can always do bodyweight versions of squats, lunges and side lunges as well as hamstring curls and extensions. You'd need to do extensions sitting on a stool or chair of some kind.
garygoberjr
STARTING OUT

Post by garygoberjr »

For your lower body I would suggest pistol squats. I find them to be difficult and definitely a good work out. Also jump squats.