A before and ongoing

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

A before and ongoing

Post by EdgarHF »

Late 2006 pushing 300. I don't have many recent pictures, but this is about where I was at the end of January of this year. I weighed in at 298 when I started trying to get healthy. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2008 and had spinal surgery
in April of 2009. I run 3 days a week now and work out in the gym one day a week. I am definitely not starving myself.

Taken June 19, 2010
rattlehead1986
STARTING OUT

Re: A before and ongoing

Post by rattlehead1986 »

Nice work! Shoulda kept the beard though!
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

EdgarHF wrote:Late 2006 pushing 300. I don't have many recent pictures, but this is about where I was at the end of January of this year. I weighed in at 298 when I started trying to get healthy. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2008 and had spinal surgery
in April of 2009. I run 3 days a week now and work out in the gym one day a week. I am definitely not starving myself.

Taken June 19, 2010
Three words... "HOLY FREAKING COW!"

Great job man!! Good for you for taking the necessary steps to become healthy! You're a true inspiration! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Cassie :mrgreen:
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

PS... You kind of look like Santa Claus in the first picture. :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

cassiegose wrote:PS... You kind of look like Santa Claus in the first picture. :mrgreen:
You just had to go there didn't you :wink:

Good job man. You can see how much you've altered. You CAN be proud of yourself. You also prove that nobody is too old to physically change for the better. Only ailments and disease are barriers in some cases, but age is not :).
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Boss Man wrote:You also prove that nobody is too old to physically change for the better. Only ailments and disease are barriers in some cases, but age is not :).
Old? I don't understand. 8)
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

EdgarHF wrote:
Boss Man wrote:You also prove that nobody is too old to physically change for the better. Only ailments and disease are barreiers in some cases, but age is not :).
Old? I don't understand. 8)
And YOU just had to go there didn't you? LOL! :wink:
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Boss Man wrote:
cassiegose wrote:PS... You kind of look like Santa Claus in the first picture. :mrgreen:
You just had to go there didn't you :wink:
Sorry. Couldn't resist. :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I don't want your half baked apology so there. Harrumphh

:P :P

Besides I like apologies grilled. Half baked ones taste bland and uninteresting. Now hop to it and prepare me a better apology, on the double :wink:

And no I don't want fries with it :!: :!: .
p56svan
STARTING OUT

Post by p56svan »

Hello! Just started. Any and all advice is welcome. Walking tips (how to stay motivated) are especially desired.
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

p56svan wrote:Hello! Just started. Any and all advice is welcome. Walking tips (how to stay motivated) are especially desired.

All I can say is what works for me. I eat healthy, but don't starve myself. food cheats are planned ahead and spread far apart. For instance in May I knew I was going to nieces graduation and I knew I would be at a party with lots of food. I ate there knowing it would be a week of working off the cheat. I know those kind of things happen because I am not a saint, but it is not regular schedule. Healthy eating is normal lifestyle now and I do not miss old life one bit.

I found an exercise activity I like. In case it is running. I am finding that this fitness thing really snowballs once you get in a groove. I have gone from feeling like an old man to feeling like I found the fountain of youth.

Note: I will be needing a new picture soon. I have already lost another 14 pounds since that last picture was taken.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nice one Edgar. In no time at all, you'll be slim enough to start Catwalk modelling :wink:
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Great job Edgar!! I look forward to seeing new pics! You truly are inspirational to all! I know I need some motivation lately - thanks!!!
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Hello. I have not been around in a few years, but have been thinking about this site lately and thought I would post a recent picture. running days are officially over after a back surgery in 2013 and getting a couple stents put in in 2015. I'm a walker now. I had put on some weight and took it off again. I never got as big as I once was, but put on enough to put on the brakes. Here is a recent picture taken this year.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Hi Edgar!

So nice to see you! You look great!

I've been up and down in weight over the past couple of years, gave up working out regularly when knees started bothering me. But, I'm working on getting back to it. Funny how as you get older it's harder.

I miss seeing all friends here!
Lu