Trying to get six pack abs

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: Trying to get six pack abs

Post by Bonnie »

It would help if you list what you eat & when.Yes it is possible to have a six pack at this age.
HONDAJOSH
STARTING OUT

Post by HONDAJOSH »

i don't know how many abs your counting there, but i clearly see 6!
Lateralis17
STARTING OUT

Post by Lateralis17 »

Let's not make this all about diet. Yes diet is important on the quest for a six pack but the main goal is to lose body fat. best advice is gonna be to train your abs like never before and make sure you are getting some cardio sessions that are burning a lot of cals. I'd say train abs three times per week minimum and cardio three times per week minimum. In experience doing abs more per week resulted in more definition. Also switch up the different ab exercises you do. personal favorite is leg raises from the hanging straps as pictured here http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/d ... -leg-raise" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You can do just the knees but if you extend your legs straight out it really blasts them. Decreasing rest time for abs also helps to shed that extra fat around them too so check this out http://dietandexercisefacts.blogspot.co ... -sets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There is definitely a six pack under there you seem to be in really good shape. Hope this helps
Cheers :D
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

You can offer your advise on here freely, would be appreciated when you do to not take an attitude while you do it.Thanks.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It might just be me, but I'm not seeing an attitude problem here.
Teamtaylor
STARTING OUT

Post by Teamtaylor »

Me neither, I thought they were all good suggestions.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Okay just to clear this up I did not appreciate the comment " Lets not make this all about diet " As if anyone with training would EVER suggest it would ONLY be about diet.Also the abs are like any other muscle group 3 x per week is sufficient overworking them will not make them more defined, body fat % will .
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fair enough, I can see your point now, but I think, (this may just be me), the comment wasn't meant to marginalise anyone, but rather to potentially avoid further comments just following a similar pattern and promoting one aspect of the situation, (diet), when there's the exercise element(s) as well.

Just honest interpretation :).
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yes I see your point as well boss, perhaps I was a bit hasty or in the wrong mood when I replied the first time :)
torrededama
STARTING OUT

Post by torrededama »

hello!

suggestion: carb cycling.

check scooby1961. hes the man ^^

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/carbcycling.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;