Jen's progress so far... In pictures. (:

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Jen's progress so far... In pictures. (:

Post by Boss Man »

CONGRATULATIONS Jen. It is a great acheivement what you have done and you look really, really feminine and glowing as well.

Keep up the hard work yeah. I'm proud of you and you ARE becoming a great rolemodel to your Son. He is lucky and you are doing him and yourself proud.

:).
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Just thought I'd post an update. I'm now 170, but I'm actually smaller than I was at 165 lbs in college thanks to muscle mass. I'm at a size 10 in dress size and pant size and very near fitting into a size 8. Crazy!!! I have a size 8 dress I can fit into now and size 8 pants I can zip and button but not quite comfortably wear yet. I feel the best about appearance I think I ever have! I'll post an update pic at 165 (which I think I will probably reach by the end of October).

I just want to give encouragement to those who feel their goal is so far off, now that I'm only 25 lbs from goal weight. I've had a lifelong struggle with weight and after pregnancy I started at 212 lbs in 2009. I lost a little to get down to 206 when I started this journey a little over a year ago. After losing 40 lbs in a little over a year's time and being the most successful at losing weight and getting healthy in life I can say it is totally worth it. Push through the plateaus, disappointments, and setbacks. Realize it's not going to be an overnight result. It takes time, sweat, and perseverance to do it. I'm not done, but there is light at the end of the tunnel and I know I've made a lifelong change for the better. Stick with it!!! :D 15 months ago I'd never set foot in a bootcamp workout, ran more than 2 miles, or been able to do more than 5 pushups. In a year's time I've thrived in a bootcamp class- even doing own bootcamp workouts at home, become a runner- as in running 5 miles at a time and begun training for a 10k and a half marathon next year, and can out pushup all of friends and even husband.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK to you with everything Jen. You are really inspiring and you are a wondeful rolemodel to your child and you look really beautiul and glowing.

It's good to hear from you again, so keep on pushing, because I am really, really proud of you :)

WELL DONE. You are pretty amazing.

:) :) :).
girlruns4fun
STARTING OUT

Post by girlruns4fun »

Congrats! I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease almost 3 yrs ago. When I went gluten free, the weight started melting off--suddenly I could exercise again!!! I went from 179 lbs to 109 lbs--then even doc said too skinny lol. Holding at 115 - 117 for a couple yrs now. Keep up the great work. Glad you're feeling well and living well--it shows.
AlwaysA_Strugle
STARTING OUT

Post by AlwaysA_Strugle »

You look great in your latest photo, hope you are still doing well !! Stay on track!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

WOW... That's awesome!!! KEEP IT UP!!! :mrgreen:
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Newest pic of progress. Slow but still going. Hoping to make a serious push to get the last 30 off over the next 4 months.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Look great!! good luck on the last 30!
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Beautiful shot! Lookin' good!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You are doing really well to keep persevering, especially, as was touched on by you and I in another post of yours, after a difficult period of surgical layoff, but you are a Lady who looks superb, especially on the inside and you'll continue to build on that, so you when you hit 30, I know you'll be able to feel so much pride in what your 20's achieved, not least for your little champ, but for your weight loss, your inspiring new attitude to life and also for discovering that 30 will be the new beautiful for you.

The picture shows just how far you've come compared to previous ones and you honestly don't look like your current stated weight; you look like you've come further than that and achieved more, but it all points to so much more to come and it will almost certainly all be positive.

WELL DONE.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Boss, you actually made the above post on 30th birthday. I appreciate the encouragement wholeheartedly. I wish I'd met goal now, but I don't feel that bad about it considering I'm back on track and especially when I look at where I was two years ago.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main thing is, you have come to terms about not meeting that goal. The thing is, getting somewhere with this, is better than getting nowhere, because you gave up, or basically never cared in the first place, about how your body looked, or how unhealthy it might have been.

Moving in the right direction is the key and you are doing that now and I'm really happy for you, oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY as well to you.

I hope the coming 12 months will bring you so much happiness and good times Jen. You're another person I've come across in life, who I can genuinely say, is a beautiful person on the inside and worth so much to this world and you're a real star, because of the person you are on the inside and what it means and can do for others.

I'm sending you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK, to let you know I'm proud of you for what you've achieved and whatever the coming 12 months bring, I will be someone you can talk to, if you ever need to get stuff off your chest, without dumping it on people around you and I will be here to support you, encourage you and push you, becases you've more than earned that :).

So GOOD LUCK for the future, chin up, keep believing and don't stop looking for a better and even more brighter you. You're a pretty amazing Lady and I am so proud to have been part of your journey and shared this community with you and I hope I can continue to do the same, if you'll let me :).

This site needs people like you to add more colur and richness, so THANK YOU for what you have given us over the years, it is really, really appreciated and so are you :).
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Apologies for the deleted post Jen. The database double posted your last one and it seems double deleted the last one, which shouldn't have happened.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

that's happened to me too before that sometimes when you delete it, it then deletes the other posts.

I saw your pics though earliers and i think you look amazing!! Great job and congrats. :D
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

I'll try this again! Most recent pic along with a found pic of me at absolute highest weight (9 months pregnant) in 2009. In the pic I was 228, and post pregnancy I was 223, but I was so self-conscious of weight afterwards that I can't find any decent pics post-pregnancy. 60 lbs total loss... (or thereabouts). I still have 18 lbs left to lose to be at goal that I set a couple of years ago. I haven't been this weight since I was about 14 years old. I turned 30 this year. :D :D :D