best shot

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: best shot

Post by LozTaylor »

I think what Bonnie was getting at is that our health does impact the rest of society. In the UK with state paid healthcare, people who develop illnesses because of their weight do have a real financial impact on society, and thus impacts the service the rest of us receieve. I don't know how the government should go about fighting "the obesity epidemic", but more information and solid, sound education is a good start. I didn't know anything about diet and fitness before coming here, and if just a few people on this forum can educate me, it goes to show how poor our government is doing at the moment.

As for how you go about telling someone what they should/shouldn't be doing is all a matter of tact. The best thing to do is to reply to people in the most encouraging way to start with as you don't know what level of strict encouragement that person will respond to. Everyone responds differently to encouragement and advice, so it's best to start easy, but some people do need a swift kick up the to get on with it :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

musculargirl wrote: Are you sure they weren't just messing with you? I've read many of your posts and your pretty much the oppositie of that comment. :D
No, they meant it and frankly I give little creedence to comments like that, that come without justification.

I've seen other messsage boards, where peoples attempts to give advice or help, are referred to as stupid or retarded or other such critique, without any reasoning or justification for it.

I don't value such responses, because without the rationale the response is meaningless and poorly executed for me, so I devalued the persons comments, because they didn't warrent much acknowledgement.

Plus I am 95% certain they deliberately did it privately, because they knew the reaction they might get to such comments if they went public. Basically a bit spineless and not a member I particualrly miss at all, or can accurately remember the name of.
scottgaran
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by scottgaran »

Well put Loz!
Scott
sani.kat
STARTING OUT

Post by sani.kat »

How do i attach a pic?
scottgaran
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by scottgaran »

Just a warning, if you post a pic of "your best shot" I'm gonna post one too, and none of us really need to see that!
Scott
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Erm Scott, a little bit of me shrivelled up inside readiong your post. I think it might continue to live, but it was touch and go :wink:
scottgaran
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by scottgaran »

Sorry about that Boss.
Scott
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nah, I just took it in stride :wink:.
ashleybrown
STARTING OUT

Post by ashleybrown »

Well, this is great. I have joined this forum on 23. May. And I really have to say this is one of the great forums.