progress so far..+ introduction

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Change_2013
STARTING OUT

progress so far..+ introduction

Post by Change_2013 »

Hows it going i am new to Shapefit, This shall be m first post. Figured id show progress picture so far as well as introduce myself. name is Jermiah. I have been on wight loss journey for about 5 months now, and loving every second of it. I have been working butt off! but looking forward to what the future has to bring and the new lifestyle i am pursuing. I am about half way to (goal) weight.. I am sure once i get there i will have a new goal. anyways i take constructive criticism very well. and if you see any way you can help me i am open ears. http://postimg.org/image/5r5r75aaf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: progress so far..+ introduction

Post by Boss Man »

Hey there Jermiah :).

One thing to be mindful of is when you lose the weight you might have some loose skin.

This can be down to three things often.

1. Crash dieting where the person loses weight too rapidly, causing inneffective reshaping of the skin.

2. The person has during weight gain, damaged some of the elastin in their skin. Think of elastins as like elastic bands; if you stretch them too much they can snap and then they cannot go back to how they were.

3. A combination of both.

Thne the only way to overcome the loose skin would be to have a surgical procedure, or just put up with it basically.

Incidentally how much weight have you been losing on average, because if you had been losing around 6-8lbs of weight in the first week and it went down to around 3-4 lbs a week in the first month, that's okay, because some of the initial weight would be excess water.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Welcome! Great job so far, congrats on your recent changes :)
Change_2013
STARTING OUT

Post by Change_2013 »

The loose skin does concern me...Um i was loosing weight pretty rapidly at first but it has slowed down a bit. I am trying to slow it down so skin can form. If i have to i will have surgery, Although i will try everything to avoid it at all cost. Is there anything i can do to help loose skin? i wear under armor daily herd it helps loose skin cause it holds everything together a bit tighter. I don't want to make this a two year weight loss deal. I am going for 120lb in one year. I guess we will see what it looks like when i get there.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

That's a lot of weight in one year's time. much more than about 2.5 pounds a week now would be a lot. I am curious on the programs you are doing for yourself.... strength, cardio and diet. It looks like you have lost a fair amount already... how much may I ask?
cheers
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

vamp wrote:That's a lot of weight in one year's time. much more than about 2.5 pounds a week now would be a lot. I am curious on the programs you are doing for yourself.... strength, cardio and diet. It looks like you have lost a fair amount already... how much may I ask?
cheers

Curious as well.
tracysimmons2
STARTING OUT

Post by tracysimmons2 »

Great progress, good luck :thumb:
RjMaan
STARTING OUT

Post by RjMaan »

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Congratulation on achieving your goal.