Uneven Chest ??? Advice ??? Opinions ?

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Sharapov
STARTING OUT

Uneven Chest ??? Advice ??? Opinions ?

Post by Sharapov »

let side of the chest is more bigger and that is noticeably ?What to to ?
Give me your opinion does it look uneven ? What to do ? Should i use dumbbells instead of barbells ? i am working out about 3 months.
here are sine photos ?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Uneven Chest ??? Advice ??? Opinions ?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Sharapov, good to speak with you.

If you're using a barbell to bench then the unevenness could have been down to that.

The problem some people get is having one side of the body becoming reliant on the other and being lazy, so if you push off and then it seems like one arm is moving a split second after the other, then that could be causing an uneven stimulus on the chest.

Dumbbells would help to correct this, but you'd be advised not to use the same amount of weight on each side, as then you might continue to get growth in both, assuming your diet would support this of course, but the discrepancy you have would continue to remain for some considerable time.

Therefore when using dumbbells, reduce what you use on the stronger side by around 25% compared to what you'd use on the weaker side, this would allow the stronger side to hopefully plateau, or if it does get stronger, not at the same rate as the weaker side.

When the two sides are even, then use equal amounts of weight with each arm.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Sharapov
STARTING OUT

Post by Sharapov »

Hi Boss men, thanks for the advice. So just dumbbells no barbells.
And you know someone or maybe you, who have tried this successfully ?
And goal is to get them as even as possible until the start of summer 2015 (june) ?
So this 10 months will do that ?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I have no personal experience with what I described or know anyone who has done this, but to me it just makes common sense.

As for the time frame for change you'll be fine with that, as you'll probably find the problem corrects itself in a much lower period of time than the one you talked about.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Hi. I think you should try BossMan's suggestions and let us know if it worked for you!
Sharapov
STARTING OUT

Post by Sharapov »

Ok guys
Sharapov
STARTING OUT

Post by Sharapov »

Hey me again, well about the different weights now i' ve been suggested that that will make more uneven in body, It's better to work with dumbbells but same weights.
So now i am wondering WHAT TO DO ??
Boss Man wrote:Hi Sharapov, good to speak with you.

If you're using a barbell to bench then the unevenness could have been down to that.

The problem some people get is having one side of the body becoming reliant on the other and being lazy, so if you push off and then it seems like one arm is moving a split second after the other, then that could be causing an uneven stimulus on the chest.

Dumbbells would help to correct this, but you'd be advised not to use the same amount of weight on each side, as then you might continue to get growth in both, assuming your diet would support this of course, but the discrepancy you have would continue to remain for some considerable time.

Therefore when using dumbbells, reduce what you use on the stronger side by around 25% compared to what you'd use on the weaker side, this would allow the stronger side to hopefully plateau, or if it does get stronger, not at the same rate as the weaker side.

When the two sides are even, then use equal amounts of weight with each arm.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I don't think the differing weights should make you more uneven, because of how it's done.

You use a bit less weight on the stronger side, to inhibit its growth potential and keep using the greater weight on the weaker side to promote a greater growth potential. I:E: 30kg, (66lbs) on the weaker side and 26kg, (57.2lbs) on the stronger side

When the pecs look about even, then you use the same weight of dumbbells on both sides.
PierreMayer
STARTING OUT

Post by PierreMayer »

Hmmnnn so you have completed three months.

Have you done all free hand stuffs for you chest. I would suggest do that first 3 months. This will not only increase body strength but give a proper shape. Like high deeps, push ups. Do not go for heavy weight in your primary stage.

Good luck