PLEASE HELP me with body fat VS body appearance

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Seastar87
STARTING OUT

PLEASE HELP me with body fat VS body appearance

Post by Seastar87 »

https://imgur.com/a/YHZMfiP CHECK PHOTO

I’m a fitness instructor who works out 4-6 times a week with a variety of cardio, yoga, strength training and Aquatics. (No weight lifting)
BF has always been relatively low for a female (13-16) it’s currently at 14%.
I eat a healthy pescatarian diet filled with veggies, fruits, salmon, beans, and no dairy/gluten. I DO have a number of food sensitivies and I’m not always the best at checking labels or remembering what makes me bloated. Bc at this point I feel like no matter what I eat, how much I eat or how often I workout, is swollen!!! It’s distressing😥
Please help me understand why I’m so swollen. I don’t always look like this, sometimes it’s much flatter. What is going on? It’s been like this for days now. I’m at 14% BF but I look more like 30% BF
(I’ve had the inbody scale compared to calipers before the results were consistent)

Please help 😥
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: PLEASE HELP me with body fat VS body appearance

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Seastar, good to speak to you.

Firstly are you using any forms of prescribed medication, or have you used any supplements in the past 12 months?

Secondly, what sort of food intolerances do you have?
andywest
STARTING OUT

Re: PLEASE HELP me with body fat VS body appearance

Post by andywest »

Seastar, this is going to sound personal but - do you pee clear? I've met plenty of people who aren't properly hydrated and it causes them to become bloated as their digestive system doesn't work correctly.

A good habit is to drink 2 large glasses of water before anything else in the morning, then at least 1 per hour during your awake hours.