shrinkingLeon's Journey so far

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

shrinkingLeon
STARTING OUT

shrinkingLeon's Journey so far

Post by shrinkingLeon »

In March 2009, I tipped the scales at 345 pounds, and I vowed to never get that overweight again. So far, I have lost about 80 lbs, and plan on losing about 70 more.

This was me in December 2008. I felt so sloppy and disgusted with myself:

Here is a more recent picture of me from over the Holidays:

I still have a bit of a ways to go, but I'm pretty proud of progress so far! goal was to lose 100 lbs within a year and it seems like I'm on the right track. March is right around the corner!
Last edited by shrinkingLeon on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
shrinkingLeon
STARTING OUT

Re: shrinkingLeon's Journey so far

Post by shrinkingLeon »

Lesplease wrote:I can't see the pics, but that is awesome! Keep up the good work! 80lbs in a year is amazing! I have no doubt that with continued dedication to nutrition and fitness you can meet your goals!
Thanks!

I'll have to figure out how to upload images on here, but I do have several in profile if you'd like to see.
shrinkingLeon
STARTING OUT

Post by shrinkingLeon »

Lesplease wrote:Haha! I didn't notice that you are chompin' on some broccoli! Broccoli is all time favorite food!! I think we'll get along nicely!

You can really see it in your face especially. Again, Good Work!!
Thanks! Also, it looks like I fixed the images for people to see.
sandigirl06
HIGH FLYER

Post by sandigirl06 »

Great job, leon! Especially in the face as Les said! You are right on track so keep up the good work. Love it!! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well if that's what you already have done, then you'll have no problems doing the rest :).
wyzer11
STARTING OUT

Post by wyzer11 »

Good job Leon!! I am on weight loss quest now and ur story is inspriring. Keep up the good work.
shrinkingLeon
STARTING OUT

Post by shrinkingLeon »

Thank you all so much for your responses! I feel really encouraged. This has been one of the most challenging things that I've done, and yet it's one of the most fulfilling. It's pretty cool that I'm beginning to fit in smaller clothes and people are noticing...
shrinkingLeon
STARTING OUT

Post by shrinkingLeon »

Sorry for the lack of updates folks. It's been a weird year so far. Essentially, I've been gaining and losing the same 15 lbs for the last few months. I've been dealing with attempting to finish grad school plus I had a death in the family that threw me off quite a bit.

I'm back on the healthy eating wagon again, and hopefully, I can lose the remaining weight that I am attempting to lose. I have been incorporating more weight lifting lately as well.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It's okay to be human :). You've had one or two tough things to deal with, plus you're still trying to find your feet regards this whole better living lark, so don't worry about it :).

Cetainly don't apoloigse. If we all apologised for who we are, we'd be averaging two to three apologies a day.

You WILL get there in the end, as long as you keep believing in yourself. So keep on going and no worries yeah :).
Our10kidsrgifts
STARTING OUT

Post by Our10kidsrgifts »

Great Job, Leon!! Im so where you were before you lost the 80lbs! Matter of fact............I think I need to lose 80..............sigh...........I just started journey..........of getting myself back.
Keep up the great work!
shrinkingLeon
STARTING OUT

Post by shrinkingLeon »

I have some new pictures in profile. I am having trouble uploading them directly onto the forum though.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nie work man :). You're averaging about 40lbs weight loss a year. Bearing in mind some potential muscle mass gain and the occasiobnal plateau or stutter, thatt's a decent level of weight loss.

Be proud of yourself for that, becasue you've earned it and the best thing is, you never caved in at any point just gave up completely. I imagine you've had a few days or weeks, where it seemed a little unproductive or frsustrating, but you've proved a lot to yourself, so keep up the hard work and don't keep looking for more, because this is not just a short-term thing, this is the rest of your life and you deserve to have a long happy life, because you're worth it buddy.
shrinkingLeon
STARTING OUT

Post by shrinkingLeon »

Hi people...Quick update here...I'm about 5 lbs or so from losing 100 lbs in the last two years. I started in March 2009 and I haven't looked back.

December 2008 at 348 Pounds:

December 2010 at 255 Pounds:

^^That is one of more recent photos, but I had been having issues with losing and gaining the same 15-20 lbs in 2010. But I've broken past that and plan on trying to get under 200 lbs by 30th birthday later this year.

I want to bulk up more, but I've been in "fat loss" mode for the better part of the last 3 months. Hopefully, I plan to start bulking and doing more lifting this summer.
Last edited by shrinkingLeon on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torrededama
STARTING OUT

Post by torrededama »

great job. this is impressive!
shrinkingLeon
STARTING OUT

Post by shrinkingLeon »

torrededama wrote:great job. this is impressive!

Thanks!

Here are a few more photos I dug up.

Fall 2007, looking like I'm ready to devour the entire cake, SMH:

Here is a pic I took of myself last weekend: