Frenchmaid1969

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Frenchmaid1969

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Ok so this week and last week i try hard to check what i eat but i think that i don't eat enough! It seem that sometime i have to force myself to eat....
today i had 1 apple with peanut butter (at 11:00)
Then i was not really hungry so i force myself to eat around 2:00 i eat 2 slice of whole weat bread and 1 tbs of peanut butter... i don't know why i am not that hungrey....

I have started to put some of the food i eat in the food tracker.. got a hard time to add some stuff sometime but that ok, i manage most of the time.

The person i work for with he is a Physical Education teacher... lol look funny i work for him and i not even fit!! anyway gave me at step count.. he told me that you have to try to reach 10 000 steps a day this is minimum... i try so far today i have 4540 its not that much its because i did not walk during lunch today partner came to see me so we just went to grab a coffee and then brought the dogs somewhere where they can run!!!

I don't know if this is where i am suppose to write stuff i do during the day so people can help me achive whant i want... let me know if i should be somewhere else!!!

Tonight i will try to bike for 30 min i hope right now i fell a bit tired... maybe not enough food
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Re: Frenchmaid1969

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

January 1, 2011

Today i bike for 30 min, not much but i try! I am a bit tired and feel edgy today a lots of problem with allergies but i guess i am use to it get this almost everyday!

I started to use the fit-tracker to write food and exercice down! So far it did not seem that i eat much but i am already at 900 something calories and its not even noon so i guess i will go over the 1,800 calories i am suppose to eat daily. Went on the scale today and seem that i weight still the same even that i have been trying to eat a bit better ... but yesterday i screw up... it was late 11pm and i had to bring son to work and i was pretty hungry so i eat a cheeseburger and a little bit of french fries... what a shame eating so late... oh well what done is done just don't do it again!!! :roll:

I kind of feel weird to write in here not to sure what to mention but i guess it will come with times! :)
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

30 minutes is good frenchie! Caluculating calories is no fun but after you get use to how many calories is in what, its a little easier. I'm trying too also. I've been just using an excel spreadsheet. I think keeping track of your calories really does help because then if you eat the same amount of calories each week and see the difference in what you weigh each week you can then adjust accordingly your calorie intake if you haven't lost much weight or have. :)
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

musculargirl wrote:30 minutes is good frenchie! Caluculating calories is no fun but after you get use to how many calories is in what, its a little easier. I'm trying too also. I've been just using an excel spreadsheet. I think keeping track of your calories really does help because then if you eat the same amount of calories each week and see the difference in what you weigh each week you can then adjust accordingly your calorie intake if you haven't lost much weight or have. :)
You think so that its good 30 min, I was going to bike again tonight for about 30 min but i felt so tired not too sure why but i happen, its not like i work on Sunday..lol

Yes i really hate to calculate the food i eat, like tonight i eat 2 small peaces of ham, 4 progies and coleslaw well the coleslaw i made it... i find it such a pain in the butt to mesure how many scope of mayo your put in and then also i put a bit of brown sugar..i have not clue how much calories is that... should i really find out how much calories it is or can i just assume about what it would be? Its complicated sometime!! How much calories do you need a day you?

I try Weight Watcher for a bit I do have the books friend got them form me but again you got to count the points and mesure your food i kind of trying before and like i was able to take 21 pts... god i was really hungry all the time.

Maybe also i need to buy a new scale (i have the needle one) but its kind of hear to have an accurage weight i think?

Right now i am having suck a sweet craving its not funny... it drive me not i don't know why i get those but it no fun!!! :(
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I'm no expert in weight loss. So to me 30 minutes is good but a lot of people I've come to find, differ on what you should do for weight loss. you can try doing some intervals on the bike too. Where you push yourself harder some minutes during your time on the bike and other times while biking you take it easy?

I sometimes don't measure out exactly the amount and just estimate food.

Yesterday (its 2 in the morning now :)) I ate 1900 calories. I'm going to try and eat that all this week and possibly next week and see how much weight I lost and than adjust from there. If i don't lose much i will lower it to 1800. I think keeping track will really help! I've worked out a decent amount all last year its diet that needs the work more than anything so i reallly want to stick to keeping track and seeing how i do. :) Keep track with me!
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

musculargirl wrote:I'm no expert in weight loss. So to me 30 minutes is good but a lot of people I've come to find, differ on what you should do for weight loss. you can try doing some intervals on the bike too. Where you push yourself harder some minutes during your time on the bike and other times while biking you take it easy?

I sometimes don't measure out exactly the amount and just estimate food.

Yesterday (its 2 in the morning now :)) I ate 1900 calories. I'm going to try and eat that all this week and possibly next week and see how much weight I lost and than adjust from there. If i don't lose much i will lower it to 1800. I think keeping track will really help! I've worked out a decent amount all last year its diet that needs the work more than anything so i reallly want to stick to keeping track and seeing how i do. :) Keep track with me!
Yes ok i will try this the interval biking... that could help! Well bf buy me some weight that you can put around your leg or arm this morning i did put them on for the first time god i have those since last year... that so bad!!!!

hihihi 2 am... you up late..can't sleep!!!! Boss Man suggest me 1800 cal and if i exercice to add a few more so i can burn more fat..I really never understand really how if you eat more your burn more... in young age when i wanted to loose weigh i stop eating and it did the trick.. not too healthy... i don't exercice much but a bit i guess its a start....I will try really heard to keep track of food i guess i can use the fit tracker and maybe excell too to add all calories!

Congrat to you too that you are making all those effort to clean your diet... at leat you master the exercice stuff... lucky... i still have to try to exercice more and eat propertly... and yes i will keep track, i willl try to write stuff in here how day goes... but its kind of ambarring if you don't do nothing for a few days no exercice people will think that i am not serious about it...
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

amatlack wrote:I would still suggest doing an activity that supports your bodyweight...you'll burn a lot more calories. :) So the elliptical trainer, treadmill, jump rope, bodyweight intervals (hill climbers, high knees, butt kicks, burpees, etc.), anything where you're standing on your own two feet.

Unless, of course, you have joint issues...no good jumping around on your knees if they're hurting!!
Oh ok i know what you mean....the elliptical trainer i don't haveone and no treadmill... but i was thinking is i walk like in house in the same spot with weigh attach to leg will this do something good?

I have to be careful about jumping i had problem with a ligament behind knee a few year ago and sometime it still bother me also the same leg i have Plantar Fasciitis just hurts so bad sometime it fell like something is ripping under foot....but i will still try the jump rope i try it before but i quit because i could not do it more then like 3 min and i was out of breath... god i use to do it all day long at 10 year old....lol
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I don't know much about plantar but i do know that arch supports can help as well as stretching helps too. If you google it lot of info on the web. I would HATE to have that, no fun. And it does make it hard to exercise. Allison had some good suggestions too. Only you will know what exercises work for you since you have plantar and the ligament pain you mentioned.
Frenchmaid1969 wrote:but its kind of ambarring if you don't do nothing for a few days no exercice people will think that i am not serious about it...
I've been on here quite a while myself and I haven't been real successful yet, I try not to be embarrased about it though. I try to remind myself that this is mine and yours own personal journey, were all just here for the support and to help one another. I don't know your life circumstances and you don't know mine or what brought you here. Point is don't worry about that! :)
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

amatlack wrote:You could probably get more out of doing intervals on the bike than walking in place.

And with those injuries, it might be better for you to stick with the bike. :)
Ok i will do this i think in a mean time i will try to take care of that platar faciiatis... i actually really painfull i not sure how i end up with this in the last few year but not too pleasant!!!! :(
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

musculargirl wrote:I don't know much about plantar but i do know that arch supports can help as well as stretching helps too. If you google it lot of info on the web. I would HATE to have that, no fun. And it does make it hard to exercise. Allison had some good suggestions too. Only you will know what exercises work for you since you have plantar and the ligament pain you mentioned.
Frenchmaid1969 wrote:but its kind of ambarring if you don't do nothing for a few days no exercice people will think that i am not serious about it...
I've been on here quite a while myself and I haven't been real successful yet, I try not to be embarrased about it though. I try to remind myself that this is mine and yours own personal journey, were all just here for the support and to help one another. I don't know your life circumstances and you don't know mine or what brought you here. Point is don't worry about that! :)
Well its hard i guess and everything need patience and hard work i guess all we can do is take this one day at the time!!! YOu right no point to worry!!!
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Well yesterday i fail.... i did not bike... i did house cleaning all day long because i was not working i did not stop... i not sure if it count as some kind of exercice must be because i was sweating also i put ipod on listening and moving around pretty quick!!!

Today Jan 04 is an other day!
I started the day at 5:30 got lunch ready and left for work!
I eat so far a yogourt Activia from Danone....when i get home should i bike 1 hours now that i did not bike yesterday....

God i also went on the scale and weight 180 i adjust scale with the free weight set a have so the 5.5 lbs each so i mad sure the needle was at 11 lbs so the needle is just pass the 0 mark so i guess it was not on the nose now i know how to ajust the needle one i get in there....

So i weight 180 pretty depressing for a 5'3 women.. grrrrr... i am gross out! but i wonder i feel like hands are all like swell up so maybe its something i eat and i retain water!

Well i guess for now i will have to day with the 180 lbs...that amazing... but i don't look that big when i look at myself... i don't like what i see but i don't look huge... oh well i guess i will have to work on reducing this number!! not much i can do other then that!!! right not going to gave me anything to cry over it, its just going to depress me more so..... lets move on!!!! :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Good with the positive attitude!!! :wink:
You shouldn’t let the number depress you which can sometimes discourage you!
In fact, it should motivate you even more to make those stupid numbers go down. Keep in mind, you should consider measuring yourself. Incase the numbers fluctuate (happens a lot) that’s why you have your measurements to keep your progress.

One note: I kind of stop eating that yogurt like Activia because it’s a lot of sugar for something with low calories. Nowaday, I eat cottage cheese with some almond butter… oh yum! Or I just buy one of those plain yogurts and put natural fruits in it. :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Plantar fasciitis, is inflamation of the Plantar, a strip of tissue that runs between the heel and ball of the foot.

Weight problems, tight achillies heel and excessive exercises can all be triggers.

NSAIDS like Ibuprofen, Ketoprofen etc etc, can help combat the problem and possibly you might need something like Cortisone, though Cortisone is often used in relation to inflammatory problems pertaining to Tendons like Tendonitis, Quervains Disease and Trigger Finger.

The biking idea would be a good idea, as you would not be striking the feet on the floor or a Treadmill, or bearing a lot of weight on it, like you would with things like Steppers and Ellipticals, as bike work takes a lot of upper body weight away from the lower body, so biking of some kind could be beneficial in maintaining some aspects of your current fitness and hopefully not worsening the Plantar Fasciitis.

So I would suggest you try this a few times and see how it goes :).