quitting soda forever

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Day 3 of no soda

Post by fat-to-fit »

day 3 of no soda for thursday.

10 glasses at least of water for Wednesday.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Day 4

Post by fat-to-fit »

No soda and no caffeine for Friday. :)

9 to 10 glasses of water yesterday.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Day 5

Post by fat-to-fit »

No soda and no caffene.

7 glasses of water.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Day 7

Post by fat-to-fit »

Day 7 of no soda and caffeine. :)
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Re: quitting soda forever

Post by chriscandothis »

Great job! Glad to see you are starting up again. Still reminding me to drink water. :funny:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Day 8

Post by fat-to-fit »

made it through another day of no soda. :)

Day 8 for tuesday. Thanks chris!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

day 9

Post by fat-to-fit »

not even tempted today. day 9 for wednesday

10 glasses of water for tuesday.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Day 10

Post by fat-to-fit »

Day 10 for Thursday.

10+ glasses of water today.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Yesterday, I went offsite to visit one of our vendor for work and their little lunch room have soda machine that only charged $0.25 cents!!!! :wowzer:
I was soooo thinking of you Becky... I don't think this machine should be around your area. :bugeyes:

Anyways, keep it up and keep drinking water... because it's YUMMY :thumb:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie173 wrote:I don't think this machine should be around your area. :bugeyes:
ha ha. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i still drink soda. :oops: i go off and on it here and there but i do have an addictive personality. very much so. I never really realized how much...

soda i mean isn't like cigarettes or drugs or alcohol or other stuff. But sugar is addicting.

I went to a mental health support group over 10 years ago. Many of the people in there were addicted to a lot of stuff. one guy asked me how i wasn't addicted to anything. they all had been addicted to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, .... at the time i didn't think i had an addictive personality. i was normal weight. many of them were on tons of medications. i was on one. But it's not true i do have an addictive personality too. I just hadn't really developed them as much at that point.

Nokie kind of made fun of me in the last comment in a nice way but the truth is i really do have an addiction to soda. Maybe people don't think that is as serious as other addictions but it certainly is damaging health for the long term. I also have another addiction i need to stop. I'm not going to say what it is So i'm going to work on both of them...and be more aware of how i am feeling when i want do either one. I think i will get a rubber band to and snap wrist when i feel the need. :)

I'm really glad i never got into drugs or i don't drink alcohol either. although i really like wine. Because i do think that might have developed into a bad thing.

So I'm going to start this up tomorrow. I'm going to drink caffeine Jo water to slowly lower on the caffeine and quit cold turkey on the sugar. i also will drink le croix water and filtered water while i work. Just maybe for a while i will post daily to keep myself accountable...
:)

Addiction # 2 I am 4 days free from.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I have to say rereading this journal made me laugh and a bit :oops: .... I really didn't fit in with athena and Lynne and everyone that tried so hard to eat healthy. I didn't have the motivation really. i had problems. I still have problems every day.... But hopefully this time the result is better. :thumb:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

FYI the second addiction is just a personal one that I want to stop. i Haven't mentioned it on here or told anyone only family. It's not physical or mental health and fitness related. Just something i want to quit! I've heard snapping a rubber band can sometimes help with changing your thoughts and focus on habits. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Day 1

no soda and no of addiction #2

day 1 addict #1
day 5 addict #2

2 bottles of caffeine water jo. (just caffeinated water.) Called water jo.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Days 2 and 3 friday and today

no soda either day and no to addiction #2. :)

1.5 bottles of water with caffeine.