Trying to eat unprocessed in a processed world

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Trying to eat unprocessed in a processed world

Post by Nokie173 »

fitoverforty wrote:... motto for life these days is: BE DEFIANT!! No matter what your circumstance, no matter what crap life throws at you - don't let it control your outcome. Even if your circumstances, whether it be your health, or your weight are not in your control - be defiant in how your face it. When it pushes you down, you better push back up, stand up and keep moving forward. When you feel tired, run down, discouraged, realize that as long as you are taking a breath, waking up each day, then you got another shot at making a difference. DO IT! Don't wait for a better time, there is NO better time than right now.
Life can change in an instant, there are no guarantees, so embrace your light, your energy, your power and be happy enjoying the privilege of being able to do whatever you can personally each day to live your life to the fullest.
Peace y'all. :mrgreen:
Glad to hear from you Lynn! I love your Motto and I couldn't agree more! I hope things are getting better for you :thumb:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Hey Lynne! I'm glad to see you are just as feisty as ever, even under your circumstances! You are in prayers. You truly are inspiring, so keep fighting :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

feelin-great wrote:Hey Lynne! I'm glad to see you are just as feisty as ever, even under your circumstances! You are in prayers. You truly are inspiring, so keep fighting :D
I agree very much with that. If that was on facebook i would definitely like that. :wink:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Thank you Joc and Becky! I am doing best to stay strong and fight with all I have.
To be honest it was a tough blow when we had the setback. Was not expecting that and it really got me down. For about a week all I did was cry and stay in bed. It took the fight out of me and I literally felt like I couldn't breathe, like someone had punched me in the stomach and knocked the air out of me.
But slowly I pulled myself together and stood up and figured out plan of attack against this relentless enemy that is trying to bring me down.
The only thing I know to do is too try everyday to do what I can to reclaim "previous" life and have some sort of normalcy, whether it be going to work or lacing up shoes for a run or clipping into bike clips and going for a ride.
I figure everyday I can do that then I win a small victory against this illness!
So that is why I say "be defiant!!!"
I ran/walked 2.1 miles on treadmill yesterday averaged under a 15 min mile! Be defiant!
I rode bike 20+ miles last Saturday. Be defiant!
I plan to ride in a bike race in October - 50 miles (I will be finishing up treatments) BE DEFIANT!!!! :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And the long term goal is a run/walk marathon on jan 1 2015.
Never say never, keeping pushing even when the odds are stacked against you. Give it your all!! Always every time.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Thanks for being so open Lynne. I know you like to keep it positive and private on here and i understand that. We want to be there for you too. :sunshine:
fitoverforty wrote:BE DEFIANT!!!
Go Lynne! i love that. :) You are definitely an inspiration!

I'm going to start praying for you daily Lynne. I believe in the power of prayer. :sunshine:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

PS. on another note. I've been reading some of your journal to mom. She likes me to read to her.. She finds you inspiring as well. :D She is so not sporty or has not athletic ability that i know of. :lol: and i was telling her a little bit about you and reading some of your journal. You are probably in the middle between me and mom in age. :D :D she is 67.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

musculArgirl2 wrote:I'm going to start praying for you daily Lynne. I believe in the power of prayer.
Thank you Becky. :) I appreciate any and all prayers. And soul feels blessed knowing there are folks out there that would take that time to pray, or send support, or encouraging words. It means so much. :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2 wrote:PS. on another note. I've been reading some of your journal to mom. She likes me to read to her.. She finds you inspiring as well. :D She is so not sporty or has not athletic ability that i know of. :lol: and i was telling her a little bit about you and reading some of your journal.
That's awesome Becky - I hope she enjoys "journey" and the message I try to convey about perseverance and never give up attitude. I think your mom is a real "go-getter" and I admire her "stay busy, on the go" outlook for her life. Alot of folks her age just sit around and wait for old age to take over - but not your mom! :thumb: I think you have alot of that same resilience in you, it may not be exactly like your mom's but it is definitely there. :D :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote:I hope she enjoys "journey" and the message I try to convey about perseverance and never give up attitude. I
She does enjoy it! :) I was telling her how you have done crossfit and 5k's and half marathons and triathlons. She really found that fascinating. you are younger than her but in your fifities so i think it's close enough where she can relate.

And yes she is a go getter. I got her a job where i work part time. boss was like i'm sure she is as hard of a worker as me. I laughed and was like mom is ten times the worker i am. and it's true!! She is VERY MUCH a go getter and a very hard worker... :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Lynne I'm sending you a BIG HUG, because I do think you are an inspiring and amazing Lady, for what you have done whilst coping with a very difficult set of circumstances, but also for just being you.

You have used you inner beauty as a form of strength by using your beautiful heart to help you make the right kind of choices for you and not to just give in or blindly just do anything that you thought would be best that might not have been.

So I hope that the future provides you with the best feelings and emotions you can get, because you deserve it and I have never stopped feeling proud of you and admiring you for the way you have conducted yourself, because you are a true Lady and have shown so much beauty and light to others, despite being visited by darkness.
WELL DONE Lynne and keep on fighting, because you ARE worth it and you DO deserve to be proud of yourself.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Thank you Bossman. Your kind words of support always inspire me. :)
Rode 6 miles on spin bike yesterday. Ran/walked 2 miles in 28:30 on treadmill today.
Prolly shouldn't have done the running - ended up with an ocular migraine afterwards. :roll:
It's only been 3 days sInce I had a treatment so I need to try to scale back "gladiator woman" lol and be more careful to not overdo it. But you know me..... 8)
Hope everyone has a great Monday and remember BE DEFIANT!! :thumb:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I LOVE the BE DEFIANT. :)

Have a nice Monday.. :sunshine:
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

How are you feeling Miss Gladiator Woman?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I am feeling pretty good Jocelyn. :D much better than last week. Planning on run/walking a couple miles in the morning, then riding road bike at least 10-15 miles. (I got new Pearl pink and black road bike gloves that match bike outfit perfectly and I can't wait to wear them! :funny: ) hey I always say if I can't be fast at least I can look good while I am riding / running, etc. :Hahabonk:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Workout completed!
Ran/walked 2.5 miles, then rode road bike just under 11 miles. Felt good, strong.
Loved doing the 2 sports together. But I have to say, heart is on the bike. It just feels like home when I clip in the pedals and take off down the road. I actually love the sound of the clips when they snap in. Magic. :mrgreen:

Made grilled veggies tonight (squash, zucchini, portabella mushrooms, yellow and red bell peppers) and grilled a salmon fillet (first time ever to try this).
Loved it. I bought Wild Alaskan caught Sockeye Salmon. Sprinkled a little sea salt and olive oil on it and grilled it - awesomeness!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Morning: ran/walked 1.5 miles this a.m., - pushups.
Evening: stationary bike - 8 miles, tri-cep dips, planks

I'm on a roll!! :clap: :sunshine: