Finding way back to fit!

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Finding way back to fit!

Post by Nokie173 »

Insanity is a good cardio workout... Just be careful not to injure yourself and do workouts/forms properly. :thumb:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I've had the flu for the last few days so I put insanity on hold. I got myself out for a 2.2 mile walk tonight to be sure I could handle it. It went well, so I will start back up with insanity tomorrow night. I'm still rather dehydrated so I don't want to push it too much tonight.

I won't be weighing in tomorrow at normal weekly weigh in because of dehydration. I'm pretty sure that has me down way more than I should be so ill wait until next week when I'm back to normal.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I haven't started insanity back up yet. class and work have been taking over life the last couple of weeks. I barely have time to eat. I have a few extra grey hairs :? But I think the worst of class is over after this week.

I'm still eating healthy though. I got sick of the same ol' chicken, rice and veggies so this week I made fajitas. dinners this week consist of the following:

2 small whole wheat tortillas
Chicken made with chipotle seasoning
Sliced onions and red/green peppers
Greek yogurt to replace sour cream
Sprinkling of finely shredded cheddar cheese

I have found the Greek yogurt is actually a really good substitute to sour cream. I've fought it for years but fianally gave it a try and I think I actually prefer it!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Hi All - I'm still around, even though I have disappeared for quite some time. life has gone crazy since last post. I can't remember if I posted anything about how much I disliked new job after I moved back from California but it was horrible. So I got a new one! I have been there for about five weeks. I am doing what I love again - I am a senior financial analyst for a medium/large sized company (Bossman, parent company is located in London so who knows, I may be visiting there in the next year!). Even though I am putting in a lot more hours, I am happy with job. I enjoy what I do and it is very challenging. Unfortunately I have about a 1.5 hour commute at the moment. This will be an issue until I can move December 1st. So basically right now I leave house at 6:00 am for work and I typically get home around 8:00 pm.

I also adopted a new pupper! Stewie now has a sister named Cookie :D I decided back in April to start fostering dogs for a local dog rescue organization and I became a foster failure on first foster! I couldn't let her go so I adopted her. She is a 6.5 pound spunky little Brussels Griffon and she makes me laugh every day!

depression has taken a back seat over the last few months. I haven't felt this good in a really long time. Part of it is that it is summer, part of it is due to discontinuing a birth control method I started last year before I gained all of weight. I guess I don't care why, I am just happy to feel good again. It still hangs on in the background, I don't think it will ever go away, but for the most part I am happy. And a plus is that I have started losing weight as soon as I had IUD removed!

I have been working out sporadically, but with schedule it hasn't been consistent. But once things calm down with new job I will get back into a routine. I leave for South Africa in just over two weeks and I am super excited!

I guess I should run for now, but wanted to give a quick update!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It's good to know that things seem to be a bit more productive for you emotionally, mentally and physically :).

Take care.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Great updates... things seems be going great for you... awwww... Stewie & Cookie.. love it!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Once again life has turned completely upside down for me! It's been a rough few months. I had started a new job in June that I initially loved. But after trip to South Africa (which was truly amazing, by the way!!) things took a turn for the worst. I left work in tears most days. I was working 12-14 hour days 6-7 days a week (not including 1.5 hour commute each way :oops: ) and was getting bullied by bosses at every chance they got. I had to go in anxiety meds just to be able to bear to show up for work. Overall, it kid of felt like I was in prison. HR had to get involved and it got bad really fast. I finally just walked out. And that's not like me. Anyway, I took a job as a consultant for a financial recruiting company and started the Monday after Thanksgiving! It's amazing how much more relaxing and enjoyable life is once again!

All I'm doing for exercise right now is walking the pooches. I can't stop thinking about possibly doing another half marathon eventually so I need to start focusing and getting prepped for it. I'm having a hard time getting motivated though. Since life slowed down I've been having a hard time getting off the couch after work. mental state has been so up and down lately that I feel like I have sort of crashed. I just need to get started and I know I will be able to get in a routine - but getting started has been the hardest part for me.

I'm planning to start posting more, i need the support!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

At least you're out of that horrible environment now :).
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Becky, I thought about that too, but I got to a point where I just wanted out and never wanted to look back. I'm much happier now!

I didn't start working out this weekend, but I did push with healthy eating. This will be meal setup for the week:

Breakfast - plain Greek yogurt with raspberries, blueberries and granola

Lunch: chicken and wild rice soup (I got motivated this weekend and made it from scratch!) with 2 small oranges (basically cuties

Snack: 1 oz cheese

Dinner: chicken with lots of veggies.

I figured this would at least start me out in the right direction. And I really enjoyed making the soup yesterday, it felt good to be chopping up fresh veggies instead of eating prepackaged soup!

goal is to make a large batch of something similar each weekend for lunches for the week. With the cold weather and snow here, soup is a great choice for me.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I am pretty certain I lost weight over Christmas, which isn't normal for me! I had a severe sinus infection so I had no appetite. I'm finally back to normal eating now. It's been forever since I weighed myself so I don't really know how much i lost, I just know pants are a lot more loose than they were before I got sick :o I plan to weigh myself tomorrow morning so that I can get a good starting point to next round of weight loss (hopefully final round of weight loss :mrgreen: ).

I hope everyone had a great christmas!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Happy new year!

I have a new temporary foster pup so I didn't do anything exciting for New Year's Eve. I just hung out with the three stinkers!

I started Thrive last week. I'm not sure I'll keep going with it because it's super expensive, but I have to admit I do feel really good and appetite has completely changed. I'm actually a lot less hungry, I have more energy, I stopped drinking coffee, and I crave healthy food!

Tomorrow I have an interview with a crossfit gym down the road from me to possibly join a 6 week challenge. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's worth checking out. I did crossfit in California a few times right before I moved to Minnesota and i thought it might kill me :mrgreen: I'll keep you posted on what i decide!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I didn't make it to crossfit appointment. earlier sinus infection has turned into pneumonia, and possibly the whooping cough. :cry: Test results are still out on that one. I did reschedule to Saturday so I'm crossing fingers in feeling well enough to get out of the house at least.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

I hope you are feeling better soon. :D Sounds like a fun new years eve with the pups! :D
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Thanks Chris! It was a very nice New Years! And I'll be getting a new foster pup this weekend. She is a Shih tzu with both eyes missing :( whatever horrible things she has been through, at least now she will have a good life!

I finally decided to step on scale again this morning. I am actually down 11 pounds from a few months ago :D I certainly can't complain about that! It has mostly just been from watching portion sizes. Now that I am healthy enough to workout I'm hoping it will fall off even faster :D

nephews bday party this past weekend was at a trampoline park - what a blast! And what a workout :lol: I jumped and flipped and did obstacle courses for two and a half hours! It gave me the confidence I need to know that I could run again if I tried :D. Unfortunately it wreaked havoc on knees, but those will heal fast enough!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

feelin-great wrote:....I finally decided to step on scale again this morning. I am actually down 11 pounds from a few months ago :D I certainly can't complain about that! It has mostly just been from watching portion sizes. Now that I am healthy enough to workout I'm hoping it will fall off even faster :D ....
That's awesome!!!