Finding way back to fit!

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Finding way back to fit!

Post by Nokie173 »

feelin-great wrote: diet has been good this week. A typical day looks something like this:

Breakfast - plain greek yogurt (yuck, but I am getting used to it) with lots of blueberries and raspberries and a 1/4 cup granola
Snack - banana/cheese
Lunch - Chicken/steamed veggies/brown rice
Snack - orange /cheese
Dinner - Chicken/steamed veggies/brown rice

I eat pretty much the same thing every day for a week since I live alone and it is much easier to make one big meal early in the week.
Meals look very simple... I like it!!!
I try to do the same.. sometimes, I do change protein with Fish and other kind of meat even it's ribs... lol :tongue:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Not much new to post. Diet has been about the same. I have decided not to weigh myself weekly, I may shoot for every other week or even monthly. Sometimes I feel like the more frequently I weigh myself, the more it gets me down, so I am going to give this a shot.

diet has been about the same - pretty boring! It's going to get tougher though. I started next class last night and it looks like it is going to be about twice as much work as most of MBA courses, I have a really tough and extremely strict professor. Praying I can keep up!

I am considering joining a boxing gym. I have been wanting something different for a while now, I just couldn't figure out what. I tried Crossfit when I was in California but didn't stick with it. Becky inspired me to look into boxing. There is a boxing gym right by me that offers no contact boxing, they have what's called "Power Hours". They offer the first class free. I contacted them and am waiting to hear back. Once I hear back I will find a night that works to go for free session to see how I like it!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

It probably is the same place - Title something?? I am just east of St Paul. I know you are in Minneapolis so I am assuming it is the same chain.

I will be going to the Thursday evening class to give it a try!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I didn't really figure you'd be driving all the way out to Woodbury to box - that would be a little weird :mrgreen:

I am really going to have to crack down on cooking week of meals on Sunday's. If I join this boxing gym, I will be leaving for work at 6:30 everyday. Then the class would be from 5:30 to 6:30. Then I will have to drive 20 minutes in the other direction to get Stewie from daycare. Which will get me home around 7:20-7:30. Then I have to shower and eat and then get in a good three hours of studying. I really won't have time for much else. But in all honesty, that's what I need. The more spare time I have on hands, the more I eat :roll:

Th days that I don't do the boxing I will take Stewie for long walks, and eventually runs!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

There has been an error message coming up to one or more than one user when PM's have been sent recently, which the tech people had difficulty replicating.

However the messages do send, because if you check your outbox and the message gets there, then it will send, regardless of any error message you might get.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

feelin-great wrote:I didn't really figure you'd be driving all the way out to Woodbury to box - that would be a little weird :mrgreen:

I am really going to have to crack down on cooking week of meals on Sunday's. If I join this boxing gym, I will be leaving for work at 6:30 everyday. Then the class would be from 5:30 to 6:30. Then I will have to drive 20 minutes in the other direction to get Stewie from daycare. Which will get me home around 7:20-7:30. Then I have to shower and eat and then get in a good three hours of studying. I really won't have time for much else. But in all honesty, that's what I need. The more spare time I have on hands, the more I eat :roll:

Th days that I don't do the boxing I will take Stewie for long walks, and eventually runs!
We all gotta do this boxing thing together at each of our own location. I know I love it but that's just me. I sweat like crazy and it's a good cardio workout!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Nokie, I agree! I think it will be fun to all three be doing the same thing and helping to keep each other in check! And I am pretty sure I will love it too. It will be a great source to get out frustrations, and it will be more fun than working out at home.

Thanks for the update on the gloves, Becky. I might just order some online.

Unfortunately I had to change free session to Monday because I had to make an emergency trip to the vet last night so after work today I have to run in circles trying to get all of the meds I need for Stewie from three different pharmacies. I will be out of town this weekend, so Monday it is!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

feelin-great wrote:Nokie, I agree! I think it will be fun to all three be doing the same thing and helping to keep each other in check! And I am pretty sure I will love it too. It will be a great source to get out frustrations, and it will be more fun than working out at home...
Long time ago - I was told by a therapist that I have "anger" issue and I needed a personal therapist weekly to help... :wowzer:
I'm like... no thank you, I have boxing... :tonguepoke: (Of course this was YEARS ago!!!!)

Working out helps with stress in general, but for me personally - Boxing helps with anger & frustrations. And it makes me stronger :funny:

I believe it will totally help you!!!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote:
feelin-great wrote:Nokie, I agree! I think it will be fun to all three be doing the same thing and helping to keep each other in check! And I am pretty sure I will love it too. It will be a great source to get out frustrations, and it will be more fun than working out at home...
Long time ago - I was told by a therapist that I have "anger" issue and I needed a personal therapist weekly to help... :wowzer:
I'm like... no thank you, I have boxing... :tonguepoke: (Of course this was YEARS ago!!!!)
You could have said something like, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE ANGER ISSUES? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? SCREW YOU DICKWAD. Joke, joke, I was just joking with you ha ha ha, I'm okay really; no really I am; in fact I'm so centered even doves flock to greet me every day."
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

As much as I hate to say it, boxing is out for now. I have had some large unexpected expenses hit me in the last two weeks and could have some more very large vet bills coming up really soon so I don't want to commit to an extra bill until that is done. I have been exercising still, I started a 30 day challenge app. I don't think it's really enough for me so I am going to start insanity DVDs again tonight. The last time I did insanity I actually gained weight, but there were other medical factors involved at the time so I am hoping this time will be successful!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Workout 1 complete. Well technically it was just the Fit Test so I have a base to compare myself to every 15 days. But it was sure a heck of a lot harder than the first time I started it about a year and a half (maybe longer) ago. I guess an extra 25 pounds will do that to a person :oops:

Anywho, I thought I might die for a while after I got done. I took shower and are dinner. Eating dinner was a struggle, I didn't think I would be able to keep it down. I am recovering now, though. I can function again :mrgreen:

I pushed really hard with the Fit Test because I didn't want to half it and then act like I improved twice as much as I really did after 15 days.

On to studying, have a great night everyone :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The best way to look at your circumstances was to put the weight gain down to other things, when last doing the P90X, so then you don't think P90X may be an ineffective program.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

mistake, I misquoted the product name.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Day 2 complete. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow. I may have to crawl at work... :wowzer:

Off to study, good night!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Today is a struggle. I'm having a hard time standing up and sitting down :shock: I just have to make a point to move around more today instead of sitting at desk the whole time.

I'm also feeing nauseous. I may need to eat more.