Finding way back to fit!

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

feelin-great
VETERAN

Re: Finding way back to fit!

Post by feelin-great »

I am still working on the weight loss and doing well (at least I think so!!). I've stopped weighing myself weekly. I realized it only hurts me in the long run.

I have been eating great and I am doing Insanity again - I feel awesome! I know I have dropped more weight because I had to basically replace wardrobe. I'll probably weigh myself again early next week.

I have been doing Thrive and mood has been truly amazing! I have the energy to get up and get moving, and the winter blues aren't hitting me like they normally do this time of year. I'm definitely going to stick with it! It feels great to have the energy to work out after work and then still have enough energy to get other things done :thumb:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What is Thrive?
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

It's kind of a nutrition supplement program. I take two capsules when I get up, wear a patch each day , and drink a shake each morning. I was extremely skeptical but saw a huge change in a friend who was using it so I thought I'd give it a try. It works great for me, I'm always in a good mood and I just feel really good and healthy. Even skin and hair and nails have improved.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Wear a patch? That's normally the sort of things people who try to stop smoking use. This product sounds a bit weird to me. I'm not poo-pooing what you're doing, but getting up and using a combination of capsules, protein shakes and some sort of patch, is not standard protocol for practically any weight loss treatment I've ever heard of and I've heard of enough, to get the general setup many of these products work to :huh: .
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

It's not meant for weight loss, but it has helped me with weight loss because I have energy and I want to get up and work out and I want to eat healthy. The patch helps to deliver the supplements throughout the day, instead of all at once. hair was thinning previously and it's now filling in. skin has been amazing, and nails are stronger than ever. Most importantly, I am happy and smiling :) I have even stopped taking meds for depression and I haven't felt his great in a really long time! Normally the winter blues hit me really hard this time of year, but not now.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fair enough. I was not sure what that was, but if it works, then I can't really argue with that :).
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I weighed in again this morning and I'm down another 5.3 pounds :D That's just shy of 17 pounds down from rock bottom weigh in :mrgreen:

Insanity is going really well. I can definitely feel improvements from when I started. I don't take quite as many breaks. I certainly have a ton of room for improvement, but it gives me something to work for :D
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey Jocelyn,
It looks like you are doing great. I am glad the Thrive is working for you. Some light therapy may help boost that as well. Great job with the weight loss and the workouts!! :clap: :D That is awesome. Insanity is a really tough one (so I have heard-I haven't tried it). Glad to see you are moving forward. How are those puppies doing? :D Have a great day and remember you are FABULOUS!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Insanity is definitely named appropriately! I really enjoy it though and I love how I feel afterwards :D I love that I can work hard but still stay at a safe pace for myself, and even when I improve it will still benefit because then I can just push harder.

pups are great :D foster dog (blind shih tzu) was adopted last week so it's just two now! I'll eventually take another foster but the last one was a lot of work so I need a break.

Thanks for checking out thread, it's nice to have others to help keep me motivated!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Just checking in! I'm still doing great :D I am working on insanity, although a little slower than it calls for. I actually have a social life, something I haven't had for quite some time, so I am taking 2-3 nights off a week to actually have some fun :mrgreen: But I am still moving forward and doing well! I love the feeling after a grueling workout!

I have decided to forgo the scale. I'm realizing that in the past it has held me back. It was always so discouraging to not see the results on the scale, even if deep down I knew I was making progress. I'm learning that I do better without weighing myself. I can see changes in body regularly - I still have quite a bit to lose, but I am no longer as self conscious and I take pride in how I look. I finally feel good in own skin and I love he freedom it gives me!

meals are super healthy most of the time. A typical day is something like this:

Breakfast: Thrive shake and eggs with peppers and mushrooms
Snack: 1 oz cheese and a banana
Lunch: spinach salad with chicken, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, shredded cheese and a few bacon bits
Snack: almonds, cashews and walnuts
Dinner: chicken, steamed veggies and brown/wild rice

I have a few small cheats throughout the week to keep me satisfied and it is working great for me :D
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Things are still going very well! I signed up for a trial of kickboxing classes (and got the gloves for free) at a place that just opened up a mile from me. After one class I was in love and decided to sign up! Wow, what a fun class! The first night I was told I should be an instructor :lol: Apparently I have finally found true calling for excercise!

It's also very therapeutic. When I run, mind shuts off and I just kind of relax thoughts. When I kickbox, I picture all of weaknesses and insecurities on the bag and I kick and punch the crap out of them :lol: I should have tried this a long time ago!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Kickboxing has been amazing! I've been trying to go a minimum of three times a week. And I absolutely love going so it's not difficult to motivate myself to go! I am still not weighing myself, but I bought a new pair of jeans two weeks ago and today I can literally pull them down without unbuttoning them so it's obviously working :lol:

I have been super active lately. As a consultant, first assignment ended last Friday so I had this week off (i start a new job on Monday). It has been beautiful so I have been out hiking and playing golf quite a bit this week.

Today I was taking a walk around a lake with a friend and I got attacked by a bird!!! Literally! It was pecking so hard I'm surprised head wasn't bleeding :lol: friend was trying to swat it away and instead of going after him, it seemed to have a personal vendetta against me! Everyone in the vicinity was laughing, although it was quite traumatic for me :lol: I have to admit that I would have been laughing too :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I've had birds occasionally poo on me a couple of times, in life, but not pecked.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

hi joc, i deleted some of posts in here. I also deleted entire journal. One of issues with mental health is I'm very impulsive! family knows it too. I'm working on it. Anyways hope you don't mind and are still doing well. :) Are you still taking that supplement?
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Hey Jocelyn, hope you are doing well. I'm sorry again on the post deleting. i was in a negative mood and it was just an spontaneous thing i did. I'm actually in your neck of the woods this next week if you still living in Woodbury. I'm not in woodbury though but near Stillwater for a training.

Hope you have a nice Halloween! and again i apologize. :wave: