Challenge 2019: A More Tone, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine 2019: July

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Challenge 2019: A More Tone, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine 2019: July

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

The month of July I will start walking workouts MWF. The change is due to the doctor's diagnosis, which was NOT good. So I won't be doing Pilates and will have to find something else to do as a workout. So hoping after this next test I will have more answers on what I can and can't do and whether new doctor can do surgery and put stent in where the aneurysm is. We shall see. Not a happy camper and can't wait till I am all done with the doctors and go back to dentists whom I adore....which I am doing a Happy Dance in head that I will see this week.

For now walking will suffice. Wish me luck.

We did some more cooking again of new meals and still have more to do for this month too. However, working out well and getting more of a variety in our meals.

While not off to the best of years....I have also been having lots of stomach issues, tiredness with no sleep nights, etc. Hoping when I go with list to primary with some tests I can get some answers. Keeping fingers crossed. So I am not off to a good start for this year but hope that March and subsequent months go better.

Well the new primary got sleeping and took care of the stomach issues, etc and other stuff he found too. I am on a number of supplements and new medicines; one of most important ones being IRON....so I am not freezing all the time, and just feeling much better. It bothers me on some days but such is life it's working.

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to.

With the warmer weather having some different meals but trying to get in veggies with some of them too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion, hence no weight gain in 2018 and slowly increase portion sizes to maybe put some weight on. Some weeks it goes up but then comes right back down again. Wish me luck.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2019: A More Tone, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine 2019: July

B: Rice crispies cereal with blueberries and a little milk, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Pepperjack cheese on Oroweat bread toasted, a glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Home made fettuccine alfredo topped with a little shredded Parmesan cheese and some Kraft Parmesan/Romano cheese, slice of Oroweat Italian bread with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2019: A More Tone, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine 2019: July

Yeah dentist visit this morning (yeah I know I am an oddball LOL)

B: Slice of toast with some strawberry jelly and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced water ; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Colby/Jack cheese on a slice of Oroweat bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea; Dinner: DON'T KNOW YET, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Yeah dentist visit this morning (yeah I know I am an oddball LOL)

B: Slice of toast with some strawberry jelly and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced water ; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Colby/Jack cheese on a slice of Oroweat bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea; Dinner: Radiatore pasta with tomato sauce, slice of Oroweat bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small pudding cup (chocolate); BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Did dusting today since had dentist appt yesterday

B: Rice crispies cereal with blueberries and a little milk, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Monterey Jack cheese on a 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: (15) Tortellin's in tomato sauce topped with a little Parmesan cheese and Parmesan/Romano cheese with a slice of Oroweat Italian bread on the side, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small ice cream cup (chocolate); BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Vacumming day for partial workout

B: Slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a little Smucker's Strawberry jelly, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of ice teea; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers; Lunch: Monterey Jack cheese on a 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: WM brand of Red Baron type pizza (Supreme for me )with a little Parmesan shredded cheese and mozzarella, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Chocolate ice cream cup; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B: Bowl of Rice crispies and blueberries and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of ice coffee; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Monterey Jack cheese on a 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea; AL: Glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies Dinner: (1) Gorton's Grilled Wild Salmon fillet (3.15 ounces) over a bed of orzo (1/4 cup) and mixed with pepper slices (yellow and orange), a splash of olive oil and lemon with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Bathroom cleaning today

B: Slice of Home Pride white bread toasted with a little strawberry jelly, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Swiss cheese sandwich (2 slices) on two slices of Oroweat bread toasted with 2 small potato chips on each half and 6 potato chips on plate, a glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner Mini penne's pasta with tomato sauce topped with sprinkle of Parmesan shredded cheese and Kraft Parmesan Romano cheese and a slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B - Small slice of plain pound cake with Red Tart Cherry spread on it, cup of tea, and glass of OJ, glass of milk; AB - 1 glass of water; S- Handful of popcorn, 25 Pretzel sticks for sodium intake and Potato chips with broken up pieces of Provolone, glass of ice tea; 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; D: Homemade manicotti with sauce and a slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine , glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Chocolate ice cream cup; Bedtime - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B: Rice crispies cereal with blueberries and a little milk, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Colby/Jack cheese on a slice of Oroweat bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Home made fettuccine alfredo topped with a little shredded Parmesan cheese and some Kraft Parmesan/Romano cheese, slice of Oroweat Italian bread with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Shopping today

B: Slice of toast with some strawberry jelly and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced water ; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Pepperjack cheese on a slice of Oroweat bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea; Dinner: Mini penne pasta with oregano, basil and tomato sauce , slice of Oroweat bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Dusting today

B: Eggo waffle with margarine and cinnamon sugar, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: 1 slice) Pepper Jack cheese on a 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: (15) Tortellin's in tomato sauce topped with a little Parmesan cheese and Parmesan/Romano cheese with a slice of Oroweat Italian bread on the side, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small ice cream cup (chocolate);
BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Vacumming day for partial workout

B: Slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a little Smucker's Strawberry jelly, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of ice coffee; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers; Lunch: (1 slice) Provolone cheese on a 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: WM brand of Red Baron type pizza (Supreme for me )with a little Parmesan shredded cheese and mozzarella, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small ice cream cup; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Cooking and washes this a.m.

B: Bowl of Rice crispies and blueberries and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of ice coffee; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Pepper Jack cheese on a 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread with a little mustard, and a glass of ice tea; AL: Glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies Dinner: (1) Gorton's Grilled Wild Salmon fillet (3.15 ounces) over a bed of orzo (1/4 cup) and mixed with pepper slices (yellow and orange), a splash of olive oil and lemon with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Bathroom cleaning today

B: Slice of Home Pride white bread toasted with a little strawberry jelly, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Swiss cheese sandwich (2 slices) on two slices of Oroweat bread toasted with 2 small potato chips on each half and 6 potato chips on plate, a glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner Mini penne's pasta with tomato sauce topped with sprinkle of Parmesan shredded cheese and Kraft Parmesan Romano cheese and a slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water