Challenge 2019: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine October

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Challenge 2019: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine October

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Challenge 2019: A More Tone, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine 2019: September

The month of October (2nd week) I will start walking workouts MWF starting October 7th As I said in July, the change is due to the doctor's diagnosis, which was NOT good.

We did some more cooking again of new meals and still have more to do for this month too. However, working out well and getting more of a variety in our meals.

While not off to the best of years....I have also been having lots of stomach issues, tiredness with no sleep nights, etc. Hoping when I go with list to primary with some tests I can get some answers. Keeping fingers crossed. So I am not off to a good start for this year but hope that subsequent months go better.

Well the new primary got sleeping and took care of the stomach issues, etc and other stuff he found too. I am on a number of supplements and new medicines; one of most important ones being IRON....so I am not freezing all the time, and just feeling much better. It bothers me on some days but such is life it's working. The iron is bothering me less and less as time goes on now, so that is a good thing.

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take Women's Vitamin new primary recommended which also contain the Vitamin D and E I was taking, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to.

With the warmer weather having some different meals but trying to get in veggies with some of them too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too.

Another good thing with the supplements new primary recommended stomach isn't hurting and I am back to eating like I was and have gained weight also. So I am happy about that so continue to wish me luck with the rest.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2019: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine October

October 1st

To to bottom of whole house Dusting today....

B: Slice of toast with some strawberry jelly and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced water ; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slice of Colby Jack cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and sliced peaches for fruit in light sauce, with a glass of ice tea; 1 glass of water; Dinner: Manicotti with some tomato sauce, slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Ice cream sandwich (choc/vanilla and strawberry); BT - 1 glass of water

October 2nd

Cooking today

B: Bowl (small) of Rice Crispies and blueberries with a little milk, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slice of Colby Jack cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and sliced peaches for fruit in light sauce, with a glass of ice tea; AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Radiatori pasta with brown gravy and slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a little margarine and glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate ice cream cup; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2019: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine October

Vacuuming today end of month behind furniture etc

B: Slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a strawberry jelly, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers; Lunch: Slice of Colby Jack cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and sliced peaches for fruit in light sauce, with a glass of ice tea; AL:Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Red Baron Supreme pizza with a little Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Wash day for clothes and top to bottom kitchen cleaning

B: Bowl (small) of Rice Crispies and blueberries with a little milk, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of ice coffee; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: (2) Slices of Colby Jack cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and sliced peaches for fruit in light sauce, with a glass of ice tea;; AL: Glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies Dinner: (1) Gorton's Grilled Wild Salmon fillet (3.15 ounces) over a bed of orzo (1/4 cup) and mixed with pepper slices (yellow and orange), a splash of olive oil and lemon with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate pudding; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Bathrooms to clean today and washes and more....

B: Slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a little strawberry jelly, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: 2 slices Swiss cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with 2 small potato chips on each half and 6 potato chips on plate, a glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Manicotti with some tomato sauce, slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small pudding cup chocolate; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B - Small slice of plain pound cake with Red Tart Cherry spread on it, cup of tea, and glass of OJ, glass of milk; AB - 1 glass of water; S- 25 Pretzel sticks for sodium intake and 12 Potato chips with broken up pieces of Provolone, glass of ice tea; 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Red Baron Supreme pizza with a little Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, glass of ice tea; D: AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Ice cream sandwich (choc/vanilla and strawberry); Bedtime - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B: Bowl (small) of Rice Crispies and blueberries with a little milk, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slice of Munster cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and with a glass of ice tea: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesaver candies; Dinner:Radiatori pasta with tomato sauce and topped with a little shredded Parmesan cheese and some Kraft Parmesan/Romano cheese, slice of Oroweat Italian bread with a little margarine, glass of ice tea;; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate ice cream cup; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Have to go to appt today

B: Slice of toast with some strawberry jelly and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced water ; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slices of Munster cheese (from block) on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and with a glass of ice tea, with a glass of ice tea; 1 glass of water; Dinner: Home made fettuccine alfredo topped with a little shredded Parmesan cheese and some Kraft Parmesan/Romano cheese, and Winco fettuccine sauce, slice of Oroweat Italian bread with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Good top to bottom dusting of the apartment today, minus the computer room, plus will have to do the kitchen floor again as Dean was here today after Margaret and I left and left his darn scuff marks all over the kitchen floor again. I know I can't but I'd love to tell him to take off his shoes when he goes into the kitchen. I know I can't just annoying I will have to do it again since I did it this past Saturday.

B: Bowl (small) of Rice Crispies and blueberries with a little milk, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slices of Munster cheese (from block) on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and with a glass of ice tea; AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Angel hair pasta with clams and tomato sauce and slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a little margarine and glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate ice cream cup; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Vacuuming today and top to bottom bedroom cleaning plus washes too since will be shopping on wash day now GRRRR

B: Slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a little strawberry jelly and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced coffee; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers; Lunch: 3 Slices of Munster cheese (from block) on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and with a glass of ice tea; AL:Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Red Baron Supreme pizza with a little Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: 1 small chocolate pudding cup; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Wash day for clothes and shopping trip today

B: Bowl (small) of Rice Crispies and blueberries with a little milk, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of ice coffee; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: 3 Slices of Munster cheese (from block) on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and with a glass of ice tea; AL: Glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies Dinner: (1) Gorton's Grilled Wild Salmon fillet (3.15 ounces) over a bed of orzo (1/4 cup) and mixed with pepper slices (yellow and orange), a splash of olive oil and lemon with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Bathrooms to clean today, floors to do, and 3 peppers to clean up and slice and washes and more....

B: Slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a little strawberry jelly, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: 2 slices Swiss cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with 2 small potato chips on each half and 6 potato chips on plate, a glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Radiatori pasta topped with a 4 cheese tomato sauce and slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a little margarine and glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B - Small slice of plain pound cake with Red Tart Cherry spread on it, cup of tea, and glass of OJ, glass of milk; AB - 1 glass of water; S- 25 Pretzel sticks for sodium intake and 12 Potato chips with broken up pieces of Provolone, glass of ice tea; 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Angel hair pasta with clams and tomato sauce, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Ice cream sandwich (choc/vanilla and strawberry); Bedtime - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Cooking, then cleaning and slicing of 3 bell peppers

B: Bowl (small) of Rice Crispies and blueberries with a little milk, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore tuna mixed with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil with 20 small half slices of Lindsay black olives, and a sprinkle of California onion powder, Oregano, and black pepper on a slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and a portion of Delmonte peaches; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Home made fettuccine alfredo topped with a little shredded Parmesan cheese and some Kraft Parmesan/Romano cheese, and Winco fettuccine sauce, slice of Oroweat Italian bread with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Dusting today and cleaning peppers and slicing up strips

B: Slice of toast with some strawberry jelly and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced water ; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore tuna mixed with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil with 20 small half slices of Lindsay black olives, and a sprinkle of California onion powder, Oregano, and black pepper on a slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and a portion of Delmonte peaches; ; 1 glass of water; Dinner: Tortellini pasta with tomato sauce, slice of Oroweat Italian bread with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate pudding cup; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.