Challenge 2020: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine January 2020

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Challenge 2020: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine January 2020

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Challenge 2020 Keeping A Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine January

The month of December was be a busy one with the holiday so lots of real life workouts. Formal workouts will start in 2020 again after I go to all doctors and find out what I can do now in terms of workouts.

Since I did NOT feel good and had been having lots of stomach issues, tiredness with no sleep nights, etc. Hoping when I go with list to primary with some tests I can get some answers. Keeping fingers crossed. So I am not off to a good start for this year but hope that subsequent months go better.

Well the new primary got sleeping and took care of the stomach issues, etc and other stuff he found too. I am on a number of supplements and new medicines; one of most important ones being IRON....so I am not freezing all the time, and just feeling much better. It bothers me on some days but such is life it's working. The iron is bothering me less and less as time goes on now, so that is a good thing.

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take Women's Vitamin new primary recommended which also contain the Vitamin D and E I was taking, along now with the supplements new primary has prescribed; and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to.

With the cooler weather having some different meals along trying to get in veggies with some of them too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other fillings to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too.

Another good thing with the supplements new primary recommended stomach isn't hurting and I am back to eating like I was and have gained weight also. So I am happy about that so continue to wish me luck with the rest.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2020: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine January 2020

Put in last day of December by mistake
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2020: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Mean Workout Machine January 2020

B: Waffle toasted with a little margarine, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slice of Swiss cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with some potato chips and a portion of Delmonte peaches; AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Manicotti with some tomato sauce, slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies; AD - D - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Slice of Strawberry cheesecake; BT - 1 glass of water;
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Vacuuming, dusting and taking down Christmas decorations

B: Slice of bread toasted with a little margarine and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers; Lunch: Slice of Swiss cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with some potato chips on side and a portion of Delmonte peaches; AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: English muffin pizza's topped with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce, ice tea; , glass of ice tea; AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Wash day for clothes

B: Slice of bread toasted with a little grape jelly, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slice of Provolone cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with some potato chips on side and a portion of Delmonte peaches; AL: Glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies Dinner: (1) Gorton's Grilled Wild Salmon fillet (3.15 ounces) over a bed of orzo (1/4 cup) and mixed with a splash of olive oil and lemon with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, glass of ice tea;; AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: None; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Bathrooms to clean top to bottom and washes to do

B: Slice of Oroweat bread toasted with a littleGrape jelly, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: 1 slice of Provoloe cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with 3 small potato chips on each half and 6 potato chips on plate, a glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Tomato soup with a slice of Oroweat bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small ice cream sandwich (choc/vanilla); BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B - Small slice of plain pound cake with Red Tart Cherry spread on it, cup of tea, and glass of OJ, glass of milk; AB - 1 glass of water; Sun Snack: 25 Pretzel sticks for sodium intake and 12 Potato chips with broken up pieces of Provolone, glass of ice tea; 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Linguine with clams with some tomato sauce, slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with a little margarine, glass of wine, glass of ice tea; AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate ice cream cup; Bedtime - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B: Half a bagel toasted with a little margarine, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slices of Monterey cheese from block of cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and a portion of Delmonte pears; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo and a slice of Oroweat bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of hot chocolate; glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: No dessert; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Top to bottom cleaning and dusting for living room, dining room, hallway bookcases. Then will do kitchen and bedroom on Friday and Saturday bathrooms. Thursday will be vacuuming.

B: Slice of Oroweat Country white bread toasted with a little margarine, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced water ; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slices of Monterey cheese from block of cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and a portion of Delmonte pears; 1 glass of water; Dinner: Manicotti with a slice of Italian bread toasted, ice tea; AD - cup of hot chocolate; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Don't know yet; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B: Bagel (half) toasted with a little margarine, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced water ; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slices of Monterey cheese from block of cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and a portion of Delmonte pears; 1 glass of water; Dinner: Red Barron Supreme pizza (1 round); AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate pudding; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B: Slice of bread toasted with a little margarine and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers; Lunch: Slices of Monterey cheese from block of cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and a portion of Delmonte pears; AL: Glass of water, 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Egg noodles and peas with brown gravy, ice tea; glass of ice tea; AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate pudding; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Wash day for clothes and top to bottom cleaning of kitchen

B: Slice ofCountry white bread toasted with a little margarine, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slices of Monterey cheese from block of cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and a portion of Delmonte pears; AL: Glass of water, 3 Lifesaver candies Dinner: (Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo and a slice of Oroweat bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small cup of chocolate ice cream; BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Bathrooms to clean and dining room table, chairs and fan and light and do floors in dining room, kitchen and front hallway and washes to do

B: Half a plain bagel toasted with a little margarine, and a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: 1 slice of Provolone cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with 3 small potato chips on each half and 6 potato chips on plate, a glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Tomato soup with a slice of Oroweat bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small ice cream sandwich (choc/vanilla); BT - 1 glass of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B - Small slice of plain pound cake with Red Tart Cherry spread on it, cup of tea, and glass of OJ, glass of milk; AB - 1 glass of water; Sun Snack: 25 Pretzel sticks for sodium intake and 12 Potato chips with broken up pieces of Provolone, glass of ice tea; 1 glass of water; 4 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Manicotti with a slice of Oroweat Italian bread toasted with a little margarine, glass of wine, glass of ice tea; AD - Cup of hot chocolate with creamer; 1 glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate ice cream cup; Bedtime - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

B: Half a bagel toasted with a little margarine, a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Cup of coffee with milk; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesavers Lunch: Slice of Provolone cheese from block of cheese on 2 slices of Oroweat Italian bread toasted and a portion of Delmonte peaches; 1 glass of water; 3 Lifesaver candies; Dinner: Radiatorre pasta with brown gravy and a slice of Oroweat bread toasted, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of hot chocolate; glass of ice tea, 3 Lifesaver candies; D: Small chocolate pudding cup; BT - 1 glass of water