ACDC's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

ACDC's Food Journal

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Today's Food Journal:

Monday

10am (late start on day) Apple, boiled egg, and almond cookie

12pm: Catfish, steamed broccoli and spinach

2pm: Beef jerkey (didn't like it, but I was really hungry)

3pm: half a grapefruit

6pm: Boiled egg

8pm: Tilapia, steamed spinach, water

Yes, I know I should probably have a bigger breakfast and I should do away with the fruit in the afternoon - I'll try eating it only in the mornings. I'm also going to add hot salsa to breakfast/lunch, and snack on veggies instead of fruit. I'll do better tomorrow. I did, however, pack more fish and veggies in lunch :)
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

so add about 400 calories of ice cream to yesterday's entry :oops:

I'm posting what I plan to eat, and what I really ate later.

Plan:

10am (late start): apple, decaff coffee(needed something warm with all this snow!), jerkey

12:30pm: catfish, broccoli, spinach

3pm: left over lunch or grape fruit

6-8:30 Gym

8:30 Salmon, two cups of spinach

Lots of water!
clare_1
HIGH FLYER

Post by clare_1 »

I personally dont think you are eating anywhere near enough. Wheres your carbs (other then the ice-cream and cookie)?

If you are working out you need some complex carbs before and after your workout!
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

I agree with Clare.....please check out the diet and nutrition section on this forum and read the sticky. Speking from experience, I gained muscle mass by increasing protein, and carbs , and doing very minimal amounts of cardio as sepcified by trainer. You need more protein in the morning and why are you at the gym for 2.5 hours?
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

2.5 hours includes commuting to the gym, changing, etc. So i'm really only working out for an hour to hour and a half. Yea, I do need to add protein and carbs, I'll pick up more eggs, oatmeal, bananas, veggies and protein bars today. So far I'm on track with diet except I had 5 pieces of chocolate covered almonds :oops: Which amounted to atleast 400 calories :evil:
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Don't beat yourself up over it. Let yourself cheat once in a while. It will dcrease the urge to binge. I have a cheat meal once a week and it actually helps me lay off the stuff I shouldn't be putting into mouth. I LOVE CHOCOLATE! Especially dark;) Good luck and keep up the great work.
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

try and keep your gym sessions to an hour or less, you could end up doing more harm than good if your in the gym any longer than that.
clare_1
HIGH FLYER

Post by clare_1 »

Yeh i agree 0 dont worry about the odd cheat. If you are the kind to go mad when you are deprived then maybe you should allow a small treat each day into your calories. I know if i try not to eat at night i will go silly. So i always have toast at night. Always have, always will. And it doesnt do me any harm.

Also as rk said - limit to an hour max for workout. If you are lifting and working hard enough you shouldnt be able to do more anyway. :)
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Thanks for the advice, guys! So after eating chocolate covered almonds, I stuck to plan and had fish, spinach, black beans (just bought them today, they are soo good!) and hot salsa (to make it more tasty and force me to drink more water). Gum has been helping me stay on track.

I'd really like to buy some protein bars, but I'm allergic to a lot of things including peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, but not almonds!! So if anyone knows of a tasty protein bar with almonds, let me know. Oh, and I'm actually not suppose to be eating chocolate, I get itchy from it, so I'm trying to cut that from diet...its so hard when its so good. I usually just use hydrocortisone or take bendryl so I can eat chocolate!!

I also bought lentils, more eggs and I'll be picking up some veggies tomorrow (finished spinach today). Ahh lets hope I stick to healthy eating with the help of this site and self discipline.
clare_1
HIGH FLYER

Post by clare_1 »

Forget the protein bars!! Artificial crap. Have your almonds with something with protein like cottage cheese, ham etc
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Ditto on the protein bars. Lowfat cottage cheese, yogurts, hard bolied egg whites, unsalted almonds, canned beans are awesome sources of proteins mixed with a little red wine vinegar....yummy!
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

I just ate a Balance high protein almond brownie along with apple haha. Dangit, wish I read email before I ate breakfast. I'm allergic to dairy and cheeses, but I'll try snacking on almonds, eating more egg whites and green beans!
clare_1
HIGH FLYER

Post by clare_1 »

You dont just have to eat the whites in your eggs either. A hard boiled egg is a good snack and the yolk has lots of good nutrition in it. If you are having something with your eggs thats nutritious then yeh stick to egg whites but a hard boiled egg is great on the go.
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Wednesday Food Plan

10am (late start): Almond protein bar (15 grams of protein, 200 claories), apple

11am: Snacked on Clif chocolate chip protein bar (I was really hungry this morning!!!) 15g of protein, 240 calories

1pm: catfish, spinach, broccoli, hot salsa and spices 400-500 calories

2:30pm: a bite of caramel chocolate piece 50-100 calories

4pm: grapefruit (forgot boiled egg :cry: )

6pm: Workout/grocery store so i can pick up more eggs, oatmeal, greens, hot salsa etc)

8:30: Tilapia, spinach, salad, broccoli

OH, and I just ordered 100% whey protein and flax seeds so I can add it to morning oatmeals and shakes. I also measured waist, and I've lost ONE INCH already! Yay!!! Maybe I can lose one more inch before the week ends :D I'm not weighing myself until Monday :wink:
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Keep in mind...don't be a slave to the scale. Your body will evenutally be buliding muscle. That number on the scale is just that...a number;) Good luck to you :D