ACDC's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: ACDC's Food Journal

Post by Boss Man »

Good to see you back. You're always a warm and welcome part of the community and I hope we see more of you over the coming weeks.

Good luck in everything you do and remember that as long as this site exists, we will always be here for you, so do please let us know how you are doing, because no matter what happens good or bad, the more we know the more we can be there for you :).
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Almost 30!

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Hey hey Bossman! Yes, I miss you guys! I always come back around new year, mid summer, and the end of the year to drop by. :) Starting the year by being more healthy! Its quite late here, so I'll be back tomorrow to write back. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
Last edited by AnnaCruzDC on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You should see us more often, because we're here all year round :P.
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Yes, I should. I'm at a coffee shop right now eating red velvet cupcakes and unsweetened iced tea. Haha. Happy new year to all of you!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hey girl, welcome back!!!

WOW... jealous... I love red velvet cupcakes :twisted: Great stuff!
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

I'm turning :Hahabonk: :bugeyes: soon...it's a bit sad, but I'm excited! I'm trying to get into the best shape of life. I've noticed metabolism is slowing down and I'm having to work harder to keep fat down.

Today, I went spinning for an hour. This is what I ate:

Breakfast:
-Coffee
-Banana
-Cous cous w/ lima beans, bell peppers and onions

Lunch:
-one cup of Chole Masala (chick peas, spices, spinach, cilantro, milk): 400 calories
-two cups of almond milk

Afternoon snack:
-Kashi cereal bar: 90 calories

Spinning 8 to 9 pm

Dinner: One cup of Chole Masala, Orange, dark chocolate, two cups of almond milk

personal training sessions start this Friday (yay).
Last edited by AnnaCruzDC on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

AnnaCruzDC wrote:I'm turning 30 soon...it's a bit sad, but I'm excited! I'm trying to get into the best shape of life.....
Your NOT alone girl... In fact, I'll be 30 next month!!! :shock:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Metabolism generally starts to be affected around 35, but even more so around 50, as does Bone density.

Whilst I cannot rule out you may be experiencing a little metabolic slowdown, as you near 30, there are possible other factors like intensity of exercise, caloric consumption and sources of calories.

Maybe you started using a less effective workout plan recently, or have started using erratic workout patterns, not strict 3-5 days per week scheduling?

Maybe you started getting more water weight, by changing dietry choices to one or more with more Sodium in them, or possibly having choices with a higher content of things like Saturates, Hydrogenates or Trans-fats, contributing to higher Triglyceride body fat, or viscerol fat, (Fat around the organs).

So don't rule out these things, or possibly other factors I cannot recall offhand, because it might not be just down to natural metabolic slowdown, assuming metabolic slowdown is even a factor here.
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Nokie: We are pisces?!!! I checked out your journal, you are doing so great, girl! So proud of you!

Bossman: Man, I hope you are right! I think indian food had a lot of sodium, and I was bloated all week. I changed to salmon and steamed veggies and now I've slimmed down a bit.

Breakfast: black coffee, oatmeal
Snack: Orange
Lunch: almonds, chole masala
GYM: Spinning
Dinner: Salmon, cilantro, green beans, strawberries, blue berries

I need to add more protein, veggies. Eggs here I come!
Last edited by AnnaCruzDC on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

There's you answer then, you had too much salt in your food, so less salty food positively affected your weight and cut that bloating sensation, so you've solved the cause of your situation :)
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Wow, it's been 7 months since I last posted? I need to get on this more often - I miss you guys!

I'm back! While I was away, I gained ten pounds! :shock: So now I am 127! WHAT! I've been doing cross fit and muay thaiboxing 3-5 times a week and eating pretty healthy for the past 1.5 months, so I'm not sure why I still weight 127. husband and mother-in-law both say I look a lot skinnier vs. when I was in away for school, but the weight scale isn't showing that. I am hoping that's A LOT of muscle I have gained!

I can do 100 sit-ups in five minutes, 30 burpees in five minutes, and 50 push-ups in five minutes so I guess I am somewhat in shape with a lot of fat? Or...I could be pregnant! Hahaha. Who knows. I'll let you know. :D But right now I have pink-eye so I can't do anything until it goes away. Well, I could do some insanity and run outside... :mrgreen: Well, here's plan for the week.

Tues: Insanity, run
Wed: Insanity, run
Thurs: Insanity, 7 pm run
Friday: Insanity, run, muay thai
Sat: Muay Thai, Football Game
Sun: Break, biking
Mon: Muay Thai, run
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Today's Meal Plan:

Breakfast: one egg, salmon, tilapia, green bell peppers, one golf ball sized tomato, crushed red peppers.
Snack: two glasses of water, watermelon, 4 squares of green and black dark chocolate, 5 almonds.
Lunch: homemade healthy pizza
Workout! 3-4 mile run, Insanity at home.
Dinner: Grilled chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, broccoli salad w/ balsamic vinegar and lemon
Snack ( I always get hungry in the middle of the night): Glass of almond milk

I'll let you all know how I feel afterwards. I'm half looking forward to run and half not looking forward to it. The weather is beautiful on the east coast, BUT it's been a while since I have ran 4 miles... Wish me luck! Gotta start somewhere. :wink:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

glass of almond milk sounds good at night. I might do that too! thanks for the friend add and good luck on your run! :D
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Off to run. With the hubby. I don't really enjoy running with him, but I'll give it another try.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It might be one or two things with the diet causing an issue.

The 4 squares of chocolate if you do that every day, could be adding anywhere between about 120 and 160 added calories of fat and sugar in your diet, depending on the calories per square and the healthy pizza, might be an issue too, depending on what's in it.

Everything else seems okay.

You might be overdoing the cardio. You might be getting some muscle gain too, but perhaps you at some point increased your sodium intake, without realising it and caused some water retention.

Also more muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories a day, for each added 1lb, but losing some could have a reverse effect, so if you perhaps slightly decreased calories, but suddenly added more running in, that might do it, whereas you might have been better in that case to consider a small caloric increase on running days, as opposed to a small cut, but obviously I'm speculating, as I'm not sure how you have changed, or managed your diet and exercise in this time.