ACDC's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: ACDC's Food Journal

Post by Boss Man »

Best bit of advice. You really don't need to drop down to 105 lbs, not even for a week or two. You're probably perfect as you are. You could look healthy on the photos, or look waifish, but waifish is close to unhealthy.

Even at 5ft 2", you don't need to be 105 lbs. You may be viewing some of your bodyshape with very harsh eyes and judgement and being a little unfair to yourself as well.

You'd be more advised to build up instead. Being 115-120lbs of lean composition, would be a really good thing for the future. The extra strength and the associated training effects on your bones and connective tisues, would really help.

Plus when you're over 50, the effort required to be like that, would slow down the rate of physical decline, hopefully stopping you from getting things like lower Back pain, joint pain and Osteoperosis when you're over 70, because I read once that 1 in 3 females over 70 or 75, I forget the exact age, have Osteoperosis, which is a staggering figure and what you do now can help you in the future.

Plus you must remember the effects that how you train and eat, have on your internal workings too. You can't see what your Bones, Cholesterol, Blood Pressure etc etc look like, so you can't expect to be a certain ideal weight and hope that it is a healthy way to be, on the basis that you might look healthy.

So don't start to spoil how you look by being a little underweight. Wanting to look your best for your special day is important, but there's a fine line between getting down to the "looking at your best" stage and going past it, to the point where you start to detract from that look.

Trust me when I say you are a beautiful looking lady and you're marrying a good man, so don't be hard on yourself regards appearance, because you don't need to be and if you get too hung up on it, you might start getting too low, on the weight, trying to persue a level that isn't good for you.

You will truly and honestly look fine. You look quite breathtaking in all your wedding dress photos and your future hubby would probably prefer his wife, to look in healthy condition, not a little underweight I would imagine and if you had another lean strong inch on the Arms I'm sure he'd be the kind of guy to support you or even want to train with you, because you can see in the photos that you and he have such a natural loving connection, so whatever you do, don't give him a reason to feel less towards you physically and don't let any hang-ups about your weight, threaten to cause dischord within the relationship, because you have something that can potentially last a lifetime.

You CAN love yourself for being you and you deserve to as well. You CAN be proud of what you have done thus far and you CAN keep it up and you CAN make it work for you, but don't be pre-occupied with slight "overkill" weight targets. You've gotten to 110, so maintain that for 2 weeks and don't worry.

If losing that extra 5lbs, makes you look a little unhealthy in the wedding photos, you'll spoil some of the memories and looking at the one of you at 120 lbs, which isn't overweight at all, you simply glow and you look really healthy and vibrant and striking.

So just keep making sure your diet and training are on song and don't worry about that 5lbs of weight, because it may just tip the way you look over into the "verging on unhealthy" look, which you don't need to go too.

You look incredibly feminine just the way you are. You and your man definitely deserve each other, so chin up, keep smiling and no worries okay.

You WILL look just fine, you really will and you deserve that special day of yours, because you're a pretty special person.

:) :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

AnnaCruzDC wrote:"Gorgeous girl in the turquoise dress, please come to aisle 3, pretty girl in the turquoise dress, aisle 3."
Awwww.... that's cute! Seee.... you're super HOT!!! :wink: (Don't be a stick ok!)
AnnaCruzDC wrote:I leave for California in one week, then wedding happens in two weeks, woohoo! :D
Where in Cali will you be?
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Thanks for the tip, Boss Man. I'd like to lose more fat to tone up .

Nokie, I'll be in the bay area. San Jose, San Fran, Lodi, Napa - I'll be over the place! Where are you located?
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

AnnaCruzDC wrote:Nokie, I'll be in the bay area. San Jose, San Fran, Lodi, Napa - I'll be over the place! Where are you located?
I work in San Francisco... So, i'm always around downtown :mrgreen:
However, this weekend i'll be out of town... :wink:
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Nokie, I'll be in San Fran area until June 8th if you want to hang... :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Then simply try to replace the fat with muscle. Then you don't end up lookling waifish :).
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Ok ok, I def don't want to look waifish, Bossman. :)

OFF TO CALI for wedding! final weight is 108 pounds! I'll be lifting weights and doing calisthenics throughout the week. Will post pics when I get back!! WOOHOO!! Gonna be a married woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you everyone for your support throughout the years!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK and don't forget what you are worth. You're marrying your man, because you know he loves you and no dobut thinks of you as his equal and his soulmate.

You are beautiful inside and out, that's a big reason for it too, so never forget that whatever happens. You have the power to help make or break the marriage. If you continue to be the person yo uare, you will be doing everything possible to make it work.

You deserve this moment in your life and I wish you every happiness. You are a truly pure and very human Lady. You can be very proud of the person you have become and you DO deserve eternal happiness :).
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Woah, it's been a long time, shapefit. I'm back and married! Right now I've gained 5 lbs from honeymooning and holidays eating, but I'm confident I can shed these pounds in a year hahaha. It's so hard to eat healthy when the resorts are serving you all these foods jam packed with butter, oil, salt, etc etc. Once I got home a couple days ago, I made usual healthy meals and immediately tasted a difference. I was telling hubby that we should have looked at a bootcamp honeymoon vacation (do these exist). He wasn't interested as he has a high metabolism anyways. So jealous of his genetics!!

Happy Holidays! Hope you all are doing well!!! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hey there, good to see you back :).

CONGRATS on finally getting married. I see you didn't have any hitches, or anything that may have delayed, stalled or banjaxed the plans altogether, which is great news indeed.

I'm sure in 5 years from now you'll still be happy about your decision, as I imagine he's not likely to change and give you cause for regret, because you guys have always looked so natural together.

Take care of yourself, chin up and keep believing in you, because you ARE still worth it and remember, don't look good for him, look good for YOU!!!

:)
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Thanks, Bossman! Feels good to be back. Happy New Year!!! I'm on the road again, but will update when I get back. Off to celebrate NYE with family and then honeymoon part two!!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hey girl, welcome back!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Married woman now eh? That's awesome.
2012... Nokie will get married. Thinking of Japan/Asia or Europe for our vacation but that might change......
I mean.. I really really do like the idea of a bootcamp honeymoon vacation... Now that sound Awesome!!! :twisted:
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Nokie, CONGRATS!!!!! When was the engagement? Details details! So excited for you!!! :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Proposal was 2 years ago (I think???) :shock: engagement party... sometime this year :P & Wedding next year :wink:
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

It's been awhile, shapefit. I am back, and I am fat! Haha, well more like out of shape. Hopefully I'll get fit by...July 25?