ACDC's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: ACDC's Food Journal

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Did you watch the debates? :D Boss Man, How do you like your healthcare in the UK? What do you think about Obamacare? I'm still learning about Obamacare, so I figure the best to learn is by asking about it!

AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Late night snack: Salmon fish tacos! Hit the spot. :D Click the thumbnail if you want to drool on your keyboard.

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Yeah who fires big bird. LOL :D
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

butt and legs looked a bit more toned today. Could it be due to yesterday's debate exercises? I'd like to think so. :)

Today's schedule:
Run 3.5 miles
Muay thai/sparring for 60 minutes.

Breakfast:banana, chai tea, almond milk, edamame (i like snacking on these), fish taco
Snack: edamame
Lunch: fish taco, chai tea, almond milk
Snack: baked chicken, edamame
WORKOUT WORKOUT!
Dinner: Baked Chicken and boiled veggie medley: kale, tomatoes, green beans, red onions, okra
Snack: chai tea, almond milk P&B sandwich (I always crave these at night...)
Last edited by AnnaCruzDC on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

AnnaCruzDC wrote: butt and legs looked a bit more toned today. Could it be due to yesterday's debate exercises? I'd like to think so. :)

Today's schedule:
Run 3.5 miles
Muay thai/sparring for 60 minutes.

Breakfast:banana, chai tea, almond milk, edamame (i like snacking on these), fish taco
Snack: edamame
Lunch: fish taco, chai tea, almond milk
Snack: baked chicken, edamame
WORKOUT WORKOUT!
Dinner: Baked Salmon and boiled veggie medley: kale, tomatoes, green beans, red onions, okra
Snack: chai tea, almond milk P&B sandwich (I always crave these at night...)
oh... edamame.. fav. I don't know why I stopped eating them for snacks.. Those are yummy! Imma start eating them again when i'm off the insanity diet. :mrgreen:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

This may sound silly, but what is edamame? It doesn't sound good, but if you guys say so, I may have to try it :lol:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

feelin-great wrote:This may sound silly, but what is edamame? It doesn't sound good, but if you guys say so, I may have to try it :lol:
You might see this in Japanese restaurants... since they serve it a lot. I think you might have seen it around but might not know the name for it :wink:

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I've not watched much news lately, so I'm not that clued up about Obamacare, to the point that I know practically nothing about it :wink:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

So you just eat that as a snack??? Do you have to cook it or anything?
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

feelin-great wrote:So you just eat that as a snack??? Do you have to cook it or anything?
Yup, I munch on edamame as a snack. I used to buy bags of soybeans in the pod, but now I buy the frozen pre-peeled shelled soybeans. It's cleaner and easier to prepare. You can either boil the soybeans or microwave them. Today I had a handful of edamame between workouts. One serving (1/2 cup) has 8g of protein, 30mg of sodium, 9g of carbs and a bit of Vit A, C, calcium and iron. :D Really cheap buy too. I bought two 1 lb bag of shelled edamame (no pods) for about $1.50 each at Harris Teeter. If Costco sells edamame, I'll get a bigger bag because lately, I've been eating a lot of edamame.
musculArgirl2 wrote:Yeah who fires big bird. LOL :D
Hahahaha! I know right.

oh... edamame.. fav. I don't know why I stopped eating them for snacks.. Those are yummy! Imma start eating them again when i'm off the insanity diet. :mrgreen:
Oooh, what is the insanity diet?
Boss Man wrote:I've not watched much news lately, so I'm not that clued up about Obamacare, to the point that I know practically nothing about it :wink:
Ya, me neither. I know some, but I'd like to know more!!! Oh, Boss Man, I'm reading a book called "French Kids Eat Everything." It talks about how the French raise their children to eat healthy. Wow, I did not know the French spend so much time learning about food and nutrition at such an early age during school! I wish American schools would teach kids more about nutrition.

Here's what I ate for dinner today. :) Click the thumbnail for a larger view.

As for workouts, boxing was OK. I took two classes: regular muay thai and sparring.

Muay Thai Class: After warm-up (running around in a circle, push-ups, v-sits, shadow boxing, kicking in place), we did basic jab, right kick combos. Cross, left kick. 20 kicks right, 20 kicks left. One minute of V-sits, one minute of push-ups, one minute of burpees, one minute of yoga push-ups, & one minute of judo push-ups. I'm tired of push-ups. Stretch.

Sparring class: We only did three rounds of shadow boxing and three rounds of actual sparring. We ended the class with 100 sit-ups, 50 push-ups, and 40 burpees with push-ups. I normally don't do the push-up burpees, but now that I am stronger, I've started incorporating the push-up. Ahh. So. Hard. For. Me!!!! All in all, it was a great workout!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Soy products are a good source of flavanoids and in particular the iso-flavone genistein, which is a substance that is genetically similar to oestrogen, so it binds to oestrogen receptors and could negate the effects of excess oestrogen, like man boobs, elevated blood clot risk and breast cancer.

They are also low GI and full of fibre and fatty acids and Nattokinase also contains a bifidus bacteria.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

AnnaCruzDC wrote:
Oooh, what is the insanity diet?
Below link is the PDF of the meal plan... if you are interest :D ... I think I will just add edamame to diet for snacks :mrgreen:
http://www.teamunify.com/cast/__doc__/I ... 0Guide.pdf
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Time to update... yeah?
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Nokie173 wrote:Time to update... yeah?
Yes! :D Thanks for keeping on track, Nokie! I was away for a conference and the most horrible diet with little exercise. Lots of walking. But not enough to balance out the horrible eating.

Today I decided to visit parents. Eh. I ate way too much white rice and ice cream. 2000+ calorie day w/out exercise.

Tomorrow is a new day. Here is the plan:

Morning run on the beach.
Calisthenics.
Breakfast
Lunch
Evening Run
Dinner

Wish me luck! Losing weight is getting harder and harder as I get older.
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Today's workout:

San Diego kicked butt. Time for double workouts. friend and I are determined to burn all the extra food we consumed.

Morning muay thai: CHECK!
Breakfast: granola, almond milk, persimmon
Snack: Baked Chicken, chocolate (yes, bad, but I had a craving!)
Lunch: green beans, tomatoes, kale, lentil beans, celery
Snack: celery w/ hummus
CARDIO! CHECK! Completed a spinning class. Feels good to spin again. :D
Dinner: green beans, tomatoes, kale, onions, lentil beans, celery

Today, I burned a burger and a cheesecake. Tomorrow I will burn another burger and some drinks. Night! :P