Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Boss Man »

Of course it is :).
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie hope you can come and say how you are doing. :) I saw your post earlier. If you have time and you feels it's a good time visit would love to hear from you. If things are busy with work and school I understand. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hi all… :)

It’s been awhile and it’s FINALLY slowing down. THANK GOODNESS…. I will keep the updates short (I hope)... :tongue:

School has been tough and time consuming and it was getting harder and harder to find time for myself to workout let alone get enough sleep. So, during lunch time at work, when it’s NOT crazy busy… I tried to do some walking. During hectic time with working full time, going to school part time and taking ill father to his doc appts & the hospitals…. I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. Felt miserable due to morning sickness… I couldn’t eat much, wanted to puke all the time and had random cravings and of course… gained some weight. 10 weeks in to the pregnancy, the baby did not have a heart beat and had a miscarriage. I know it’s common and A LOT of woman & even girlfriends had it too but just going through it was painful… I did the D&C procedure. I had to deal with the pain for over 2 weeks… I didn’t want to look at kids or go to friends and family events. I took some time off from work & school to recover. :cry:

I was gloomy for a while but continued to do things even though I just wanted to be at home and bum around the house…. I gained some baby weight but no baby… what a slap in the face. :x I was mad, I was sad, I was bummed. However, being negative didn't help so I had to fake it until I make it. I wasn't neglecting feelings… I’ll let it sink in… but I cannot let that stop me from moving forward… so I forced myself to get out and continue hectic routine. Which I did… I finished school last month and just took State Board Test for license last week and passed!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I’m completely done with school… I got approval from doctor that I can work out again after procedure… so here I am… Getting shit together and starting again!

I know what I need to do to reach goal, I just need help and maybe a little push getting motivated again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Meal: 8/8/16
7:00AM – Steak & egg whites (Ate ½)
9:30AM – Steak & egg whites (Finished ½)
12:00PM – Beef paddy and green salad, fruit cup
3:00PM – Quest bar
4:00PM – Weights workout – Protein shake
6:30PM – Grilled chicken breast & steam green beans
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm sending you a BIG HUG, because I appreciate it's been difficult at the moment.

Don't forget what you're worth and keep on believing okay :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

miscarriages really are common. But still not easy to go through. HUGs dear.

Congratulations on getting your license!! So when you are going to get a different job or what are you career plans next?

We will be here to push you all you want! :clap: I've been doing good for the last week and pretty good the week before.

Glad to have you back Nokie!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

8/9/16
7:00AM – Coffee, over easy eggs x 2, turkey bacon, chicken apple sausages (ate ½)
9:30AM – Fruit cup, over easy eggs x 2, turkey bacon, chicken apple sausages (finshed ½)
12:00PM – Lobster bisque soup, fruit cup
2:30PM – Grilled salmon & steam veggies
4:00PM – Kick Boxing
6:30PM – Chicken salad – side dressing
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie, Sue, Mo and I have all been posting this month our food each day in Sue's Challenge food journal in this section. You are welcome to join if you want.. Okay if you would rather stick here too. :)

Do you kickbox at a location or at home?

:wave:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks for the invite, I will consider. :D For now, I’ll post in journal. I like the fact that when I go back to journal posts…. I see the ups & downs I’ve been through with weight. It keeps me motivated & wants to keep pushing harder. :thumb:

I do Kick boxing at home for now… Maybe when I get things settle, I’ll start going jogging and/or gym.

Yesterday, I did some weight workouts. Today, I’ll do cardio… Kick boxing at home.

Meals: 8/11/16
7:00AM – Fruit cup, over easy eggs x 2, turkey bacon, chicken apple sausages (ate ½)
9:30AM – Iced coffee, over easy eggs x 2, turkey bacon, chicken apple sausages (finshed ½)
12:00PM – Grilled salmon, cup of rice & steam veggies
2:30PM – Quest bar
4:00PM – Kick Boxing
6:30PM – BBQ ribs & steam green beans
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

No worries Nokie. it is easier to keep track of your progress in your own journal. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Yesterday, I did cardio workout. Wow… I’m pretty sore. I’ve been stretching all day.

Meals: 8/16/16
7:00AM – Iced coffee, scramble egg whites, turkey bacon.
9:30AM – Fruit cup
12:00PM – Beef gyro, Lobster bisque
4:00PM – Weights
6:30PM – Slow cook chicken & steam green beans

Workout:
Warm Up – butt kick, jumping jacks, and push ups
Deads (BB 110lbs) 4x6
Lunges (Db 17lbs) 3x16
Good Mornings w/ knee bent (BB 40lbs) 4x6
Leg Extensions 3x10
Lying Leg Curls 3x10

CORE:
(2x15)
Leg Raises
Scissor Cross
Planks
Ball plank
Ball crunch
Dead bug ball
Sumo kick
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I did kick boxing last night.

Meals: 8/18/16
7:00AM – Iced coffee, scramble egg whites, turkey bacon
12:00PM – Salami sandwich
4:00PM – Weights & cardio
6:30PM – grilled pork chops & stir-fried veggies

So far I’m feeling good about working out this week but I’m easily tired.
I will continue to work out at home next week then I’ll add jogging the following week.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

This week is pretty boring when it comes to food. I cooked for 5 days worth!

Meals:This whole week
7:00AM – Iced coffee, scramble egg whites, turkey bacon
12:00PM – Chicken & egg salad or chicken & steam veggies
2:30PM – String cheese & almonds
4:00PM – Weights & cardio
6:30PM – Chicken or fish & steam veggies.

This week... body is not so bad. Last week I was so sore!!!

In next 2 weeks... I'll be renting a room from a friend's shop to start up little business. So that means... I would basically have 2 jobs.
It doesn't matter, health is still important. I just need to keep being consistent & NOT make excuses... I got this! :thumb:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Maybe I'm being a bit forgetful, but I don't recall whether or not you actually mentioned before about a business you were starting.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie173 wrote:n next 2 weeks... I'll be renting a room from a friend's shop to start up little business. So that means... I would basically have 2 jobs.
It doesn't matter, health is still important. I just need to keep being consistent & NOT make excuses... I got this! :thumb:
Nokie, so exciting!! Proud of you for going after your dreams. :clap: :clap:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote:Maybe I'm being a bit forgetful, but I don't recall whether or not you actually mentioned before about a business you were starting.
I went back to school earlier this year for esthetician/aesthetician and just got license to practice. I was planning to assist friend and manage her spa but right now I’m only helping her on the weekends. Besides helping her, I would like to have own space and build clientele until I leave company next year… and hoping to have own little spa. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: