Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Nokie173 »

fat-to-fit wrote:
Boss Man wrote:
Maybe you said but I'm not sure, but why are you studying anatomy?
Hey i know something boss doesn't for once. :lol: Nokie is going back to school. :)
I think Bossman is asking why I’m learning the whole body (anatomy) instead of just the face and skin (integumentary system) for Esthetician.

As for learning anatomy, I think we need to be aware and have some basic understanding of the body like the bones, tissues, cells, nervous system, and many more… Since some people like to do body wraps, body waxes, and many other things on their body nowadays and knowing the basic anatomy is somewhat required. I have over 100 terminologies to learn and I got to say… I CANNOT pronounce them at all… So, I do what I have to do…. Google them and pronounce it for me! :tongue:

And now that I think about it… Yes Bossman, I do take walks!!! I eat at desk and work but after that, I do a 15-20mins walk when it’s NOT raining… just to clear mind. But I didn’t think about it being a workout as I’m not running or kicking and punching things… hehehe

Next week, I’ll have meals down since I should have some more time for myself!!! :thumb:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie173 wrote:I think Bossman is asking why I’m learning the whole body (anatomy) instead of just the face and skin (integumentary system) for Esthetician
I was just teasing. ;)

it's of a lady that lost 70 pounds just making sure her diet was spot on and her exercise was just walking daily and low intensity weights.

she believes working out is 90% diet and although she doesn't really say what she ate (she sells it) she competed in some sports contest at the end in a bikini. Kind of interesting. I think she was really emotional filming the video too. since she just had a baby. But it was interesting.

Maybe it can inspire you too just do moderate exercise since that's all you can do right now and eat healthy. I know it inspired me.
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie you are doing awesome by the way! and I so much appreciate having you on here along with Mo and the Bosster. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Meals:
7:00AM - Grapefruit 1/2, Wheat bread and eggs, black coffee
9:30AM - Almonds - snack bag
12:00PM - Tuna salad
2:00PM - Quest bar
5:00PM - Baked salmon, steam green beans & carrots
(Snacks: Almond snack bag, quest bar, hard boiled eggs)

Workout:
Kick Boxing @ home (45mins)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You might want to consider an extra meal, especially if you're working out, as you don't want to under eat a bit, especially when it's a workout day, as it could affect things like muscle gain, possibly encourage muscle burn and maybe even cause the starvation mode situation, where the body will cling on to fat because it thinks it's being starved.

Later on in the day would make sense like say 2-3 hours after the 5PM one.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Good for you for getting out of your comfort zone with your current position and trying something new! I know how stressed your job made you - and good luck, that is amazing and very brave :clap: I am going back to school to get MBA, so hopefully I can do something outside of accounting. But I really wish I was brave enough to do what you are doing. I definitely don't love business/accounting, but it's what I know and I am too scared to go outside of that zone!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Bossman,

It’s hard for me to eat during class since it’s mostly hands on. Will another quest bar or protein shake work as another meal? I have classes from Wednesday to Saturday… So, meals are unstable due to the environment. And still want to squeeze some kind of workout in between as much as I can…

Hey Joc,

It wasn’t easy making decision to go back to school but I figured that I have enough experience in finance industry that I shouldn’t have a problem if I want to go back in to the filed. Also, once I get esthetician license I’ll still be able to keep it even if I don’t work in the field. As long as I renew it every 2 years! I don’t mind working in the finance department of a skincare company… that would be awesome!

Meals:
7:00AM - Breakfast sandwich (wheat bread x2, egg whites, turkey bacon and cheese (only ate 1/2), black coffee
9:30AM - Breakfast sandwich (Finished half)
12:00PM – BBQ pork, brown rice & steam broccoli
2:30PM - Almonds - snack bag
5:00PM – Tuna salad & boiled eggs x 2
7:00PM – Quest bar
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

One of those bars would be a better option yes, although even something as simple as some low fat cheese, peanuts or flax seeds might be workable perhaps, as they give you protein, healthy fat, carbs and a few good micro nutrients.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks Bossman, I will restock on Quest bars and have them in bag all the time!

Meals:
6:30AM – Breakfast sandwich (wheat bread x2, egg whites, turkey bacon and cheese (only ate 1/2), black coffee
9:30AM – Grapefruit ½, Breakfast sandwich (Finished half)
11:45AM – Big mixed salad (tuna, eggs, chicken & a bunch of leafy greens)
2:00: PM – Finished the salad, Almond snack bag
5:00PM – Chicken breast & steam green beans with hot sauce! :tongue:
6-9PM – Quest bar (If I’m hungry during class)

I’ve been really tired lately. Maybe because the subjects we are covering at school is not strong point. It’s interesting but it takes a lot of time & energy to read, understand and memorize things… Sometimes when I get home after class and continue to do readings and next thing I know, I’m drooling on text book… :lol: LOL… and BAM it’s 3AM in the morning…so I go to bed and alarm clock wakes me up at 5AM to get ready for work... ok ok, maybe I snooze until 5:15AM :funny: and rush out of house before I miss train!

Last 2 weeks we covered anatomy and this week, we are covering chemistry. I must, I really enjoy reading and understanding it but it’s really hard for me to memorize them all… I’ll go back and review them during down time just because I’m very interested in it. It’s really cool that I’m learning about the skin but same time, I feel like I’m learning about the body too. Like the body structures works and how chemistry reacts with the skin and different body functions etc… Although I’m tired as hell… I’m really enjoying it!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie173 wrote:I’ve been really tired lately. Maybe because the subjects we are covering at school is not strong point. It’s interesting but it takes a lot of time & energy to read, understand and memorize things… Sometimes when I get home after class and continue to do readings and next thing I know, I’m drooling on text book… :lol: LOL… and BAM it’s 3AM in the morning…so I go to bed and alarm clock wakes me up at 5AM to get ready for work... ok ok, maybe I snooze until 5:15AM :funny: and rush out of house before I miss train!

Last 2 weeks we covered anatomy and this week, we are covering chemistry. I must, I really enjoy reading and understanding it but it’s really hard for me to memorize them all… I’ll go back and review them during down time just because I’m very interested in it. It’s really cool that I’m learning about the skin but same time, I feel like I’m learning about the body too. Like the body structures works and how chemistry reacts with the skin and different body functions etc… Although I’m tired as hell… I’m really enjoying it!
Hope it gets better Nokie. Maybe you can make weekends your time to really study?? I can't imagine the hours you put in and going to school too. :sunshine:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Meals:
7:30AM - Breakfast sandwich (wheat bread x2, egg whites, turkey sausages and cheese (only ate 1/2), black coffee
9:30AM - Almonds - snack bag
12:00PM – Large mixed kale salad and side of tuna salad (only ate 1/2) & green tea
2:30PM - Almonds - snack bag
5:00PM – Large mixed kale salad (Finished from lunch) & Thai fish cakes x 2
7:00PM – Quest bar (If I’m hungry during class)

Workout:
Kick Boxing @ home (30mins)

Sometimes I feel so exhausted from work I don’t want to do anything else. I only have 1 ½ hour in between work & school (after commute from work to home)… I try to fit in some kind of workout and a quick dinner! So far, its ok but it’s pretty tiring… Luckily school is 15minutes away from home.

I am starting to like work café. I get to make own salad more like pick what I want and they weight it. I got myself a large mixed kale salad and tuna and BAM about $5. Other places around San Francisco cost about $8 for a small salad and $10 large and extra $3 with meat… that’s why I NEVER order salad unless I bring own or have it on the side with main dish. I see boss order her $15 salad every day and I’m like… I can get 3 lunches with that… hahahaha. :funny:

I did Chemistry test last week and I got an A or should I say 92%/100%. I find the subject very interesting and I might want to continue further than just the basic knowledge. This week, we are covering the basic of Electricity. I just found out, junior college would have a least a month to cover each subjects but since I’m going to a vocational school, I only get a week to cram everything in. How in the world will little brain remember everything!!! - Ok, I'm done rambling :lol:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Your doing awesome Nokie! To do this and study and work a lot of hours is not easy i'm sure. :sunshine:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote:How in the world will little brain remember everything!!!
Personally I think you're insulting your own brain and yourself by saying things like that :).

You'll do it, because I think you have what it takes.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote:
Nokie173 wrote:How in the world will little brain remember everything!!!
Personally I think you're insulting your own brain and yourself by saying things like that :).

You'll do it, because I think you have what it takes.
Hmmm…. I guess I was just rambling on and never thought of insulting myself whatsoever. But after re-reading what I wrote... yes, there is a negative tone to it and I can totally see where you’re coming from. I did it unconsciously... :shock:

Thanks for pointing it out Bossman. I will definitely be more mindful of how I look at things especially myself. I SHOULD be more positive about myself regardless of physically appearance or academics or anything. I should be like... “I got this!” :thumb:

Meals:
7:30AM – Breakfast sandwich (wheat bread x2, egg whites, turkey sausages and cheese (1/2), green tea
10:00AM – Crackers x 6 & string cheese
11:30AM – Wild mushrooms soup & 2 wheat breads
2:30PM – Small Non-Fat Mocha
5:00PM – Kale mix salad & tuna salad
7:00PM – Quest bar (If I’m hungry during class)

For some reason I thought it was a Saturday when I got up this morning.
I was about to go back to bed until I remembered it was only Thursday! :tongue:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I kind of did it too last night and after boss mentioned that to you i thought the same thing. i was kind of thinking negatively that it's hard for me to go to boxing because i really havent' done a workout class before except for the military and because of weight instead of thinking you know this is a great opportunity to improve life, learn new things, meet new people, etc. :)