Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Boss Man »

Nice website.
Nokie173 wrote:Note: I'm NOT selling or promoting anything... I'm just sharing site with friends :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I didn't think you were doing that :).
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

it is a nice website Nokie. :) I built one too although i haven't really used it yet. I will send you a link if you want to see it. i liked just learning how to do it though.

i use the clinique line for skin care. they have a cleanser and a toner. i have to say skin feels so smooth once i put the mosturizer on. I really love it. Although i have to see if they animal test.

excited for you and your business. I'm sure you will be a success! :wink:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie how is your business doing? are you still working both jobs? have a good halloween!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hi All,

It’s been awhile huh? I know it’s a bit late but happy 2019 (4 months late) Hope all friends are still around and doing well. Hi to all the new people and of course Bossman –How are you?!!!

I’ve been busy with own business(es) and of course 2 little girls in life. I just gave birth to 2nd baby girl 4 weeks ago and pretty much need to take control of much weight gain. I didn’t get to lose much of weight from 1st pregnancy and the 2nd one just doubled weight. I know what needs to be done but having time doing the workouts and getting motivated is another story!!! :?

I lack tons of sleep and barely have time for myself and there’s no time to drive to the gym… so working out at home is the best options (while the girls are sleeping!!!!) I’m not supposed to workout yet until I see doctor for a follow up since I had a C-section… But I am concentrating on meals since that’s the source of energy.

Meals:
6am – coffee with almond milk and wheat toast (Sometimes i'll have eggs but this morning.. too tired to eat)
10am – Greek yogurt and blue berries (another coffee)
12/1pm – Brown rice, some kind of protein with steam veggies
4pm – Brown rice, some kind of protein with steam veggies
8/9pm – Brown rice, some kind of protein with steam veggies

meals are pretty much boring… but that’s what I’ve been eating lately! Any inputs are welcome :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hey Boua, good to see you again and CONGRATULATIONS on the little one. I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mother to your new bundle of joy, just like I'm sure you have been to your first one :).

The eating plan seems decent enough, so I wouldn't be too hung up about major changes.

I'd try to make time for the eggs every morning because it can help with your iron intake and might help relive a bit of the tiredness and protect your muscle mass and I'd think about ditching the coffee, as you don't need to become dependant on stuff like that.

Also just make sure your portion sizes are okay, because there's nothing wrong with greek yoghurt and blueberries, if we're talking 300-350 calories in a meal, but if it's 150-200 calories it's low and you should be aiming for around 1,800 calories a day when sedentary and 200-300 above that when active, as that 1,800 amount is reccomended for sedentary adult females and 2,000 a day for men and that way you'll be able to make a solid attempt to meet or get to RDA's for micronutrient intake.

So I see a few positives with what you're doing right now and I don't see why you can't lose the weight if you're focused enough and you're certainly in the right kind of place to get some motivation and stay accountable. I'm sure one or two other people on here will be able to provide a few words of positivity for you.

Take care and best wishes to you and the family.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks Bossman for your positive energy. Yes, I need to be more accountable of meals and actions. I will work hard on that so I can be a good role model to the girls. :D

I do have a hard time eating in the morning but I will try to have a bit more calories as it’s about 150 cals in the morning. At the moment, I’m in need of coffee and might need help with one of those addictions to coffee/caffeine group… :shock: :lol:

Meals:
5AM – coffee with almond milk
8AM – Scramble egg whites 1cup, wheat toast and turkey sausages x 2 & coffee
11AM – Apple, greek yogurt and string cheese
2PM – Brown rice, some kind of protein with steam veggies
3PM – 7PM – I snack on things like (berries, string cheese, nuts, fruit bar, protein bar)
8-9PM – Brown rice, some kind of protein with steam veggies

As for workout – I’ve been doing some light stretches and tons of walking!!!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I went to the doctor this morning... and they weight me... I lost 22lbs after given birth about... 6 weeks... not bad!!! :clap:
I can also do some light workouts which i'm already doing... walking A LOT and some body weights stuff.

Meals:
5AM – coffee with almond milk
8AM – sunny side up eggs x 2, brown rice and hot dog
11AM – pear
2PM – Brown rice, grilled fished, steam veggies and side peanut sauce.
8PM - Brown rice, grilled fished, steam veggies and side peanut sauce.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm I lost 22lbs after given birth about... 6 weeks
So if I'm reading that right you spent 6 weeks in labour and gave birth to a 22lb child. I bet that hurt like hell :tongue:.

No of course I don't actually think that's what you meant. You mean you gave birth then lost 22lbs in the immediate 6 weeks after the birthing.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pm
Nokie173 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm I lost 22lbs after given birth about... 6 weeks
So if I'm reading that right you spent 6 weeks in labour and gave birth to a 22lb child. I bet that hurt like hell :tongue:.

No of course I don't actually think that's what you meant. You mean you gave birth then lost 22lbs in the immediate 6 weeks after the birthing.
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are correct!!!! Lack of sleep with do that :tongue:

Meals:
8AM – sunny side up eggs x 2, brown rice and 1 slice of spam, black coffee
11AM – strawberries, almonds and apple
2PM – Brown rice, chicken breast, steam veggies and side peanut sauce.
6PM - Brown rice, pork & prawns with eggplants.
10PM - String cheese and pistachios.

Doing a lot of stretches and walking for workouts at the moment.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I find it really hard nowadays to have "me" time... Having a 3 months old and another 1 year & 3 months old are keeping me busy!!!

However, I try to stay on top of things and control meals as much as I can. So far, I lost another 5 lbs!!! :D :D :D

I may consider restricting meals more... and maybe consider Atkins or Keto diet type... but still thinking but as of now, here's meals.

6:00AM - warm water & black coffee (Still half asleep!!!)
8:00AM - Eggs x 1, brown rice, turkey bacon x 3
10:00AM - Greek Yogurt, almond (snack pack)
12:30PM - brown rice, grilled salmon and steamed veggies with side peanut sauce
4:00PM - blue berries, string cheese, almonds (snack pack)
8:00PM - steam veggies, grilled chicken or beef steak and spicy soy sauce.
10:00PM - Sometimes... small glass of red wine. (Once or twice a week)

As for workout, I've been doing a lot of walking and bodyweight workouts, jumping jacks, planks, squats, lunges, etc... never the same time because I have crying babies but when I do have a chance, I do them at least 3 sets for each... Sometimes, I even hold baby for extra weight while doing squats :lol:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Another 2 lbs down.... YAY :clap:

It's not easy but it's not as hard as before. I think it's because I'm moving around way more than before. Maybe office desk job compared having your own business makes a differences also having 2 kids... :lol:

meals are really simple and maybe that's why.

6:00AM - warm water, coffee, toast x 1
8:00AM - scramble eggs x 2, brown rice x 1 c, turkey bacon
12:00PM - brown rice x 1c, steam veggies and grilled chicken breast
4:00PM - string cheese and strawberries 1c
8:00PM - steam veggies, grilled salmon (sometimes 1/2c brown rice and sometimes I don't need it)

I'm still doing simple body weight workouts for 15-20mins and continue to move around all day!!! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Every little bit of progress is progress and that's one way of looking at it :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:48 am Every little bit of progress is progress and that's one way of looking at it :).
Thanks Bossman... You are right!!!

Another 2 lbs but this was a struggle. However, small little bit helps... so total of 4 lbs since the last time I posted :clap:
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Homie, you still here? I left in 2012, but I am back. Hope all is great in Cali!