MP3 Players

Post your reviews on fitness products and clothing.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

feelin-great
VETERAN

MP3 Players

Post by feelin-great »

I have officially lost MP3 player :( Since I have started running I really need to get out and buy a new one. Does anybody have any recommendations on one that is good for running? I didn't buy last one, it was a gift, and I don't really know what to look for. Is an iPod really worth it, are they really that much better than other brands? I appreciate any feedback :D
feelin-great
VETERAN

Re: MP3 Players

Post by feelin-great »

What is the Nike+ ??
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I like ipods better too.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Interesting, I wonder if they have them for other shoe brands, I don't care for Nike. I will have to look into that :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

LOL! I can't get the link, but from another place I looked it kind of sounded like there was an attachment specifically for Nike shoes - glad to hear I read it wrong :D
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I don't have an ipod. I have a very stripped down (ok...cheap) mp3 player that I bought myself for Christmas for $20. It isn't fancy, no preview screen, no ability no make song lists or groups, just a player. I plugged it into computer and downloaded the music I had filed and that was it. Oh yeah, I had a surprise when I hooked it up to the computer it actually came with some music - a blend of Latino jazz - :roll: I almost deleted it, and thought well, what the heck, it's free and it's music, just leave it on there I can always skip over it when it plays....well, it is in the exact cadence that I run so that was awesome, and I'm actually kinda groovin' to it now! LOL! I just need a couple of maracas and some castanets while I running down the road to really get in the latin groove - can't you just picture that? Anyway, what I'm saying is that depending on your budget, you can find a vast array of mp3s, ipods, etc., that do everything from just play songs, to practically wash your car - whatever works best for you :D
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

fitoverforty wrote:I just need a couple of maracas and some castanets while I running down the road to really get in the latin groove - can't you just picture that?
Now when I am running I can just picture this until I get music :lol:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I may need to get a sombrero - you know...for the full effect. :D
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

fitoverforty wrote:I may need to get a sombrero - you know...for the full effect. :D
I have one, I'll let you borrow it :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Download something like Real Player to a Laptop, then strap the Laptop to one of your thighs. Real Player without advanced features is free. Other MP3 players from a shop, cost money :wink: .

Admittedly the main flaw with this is not having a laptop, but you might be able to do it with an I-phone or something like that.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Boss Man wrote:Download something like Real Player to a Laptop, then strap the Laptop to one of your thighs.
LOL! I can just imagine how productive workouts would be - let alone the looks I would get :lol:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Lesplease wrote:I know you found your guy but you should look into the nike plus. I LOVE mine and I don't even run. (:
You've definitely got me interested but windshield just cracked this morning so there is $300 down the drain :evil: Thank goodness I didn't have to spend money on the ipod now - something to save up for, though!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Mine is a 2009 and still under warranty and I have already had the hunk of junk in for 8 different warranty issues :evil: Now the windshield is out of pocket :( I will be selling the pile of metal as soon as I can...
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Lesplease wrote:Oh cripes. I'm in 98 VW and going strong. What on earth do you drive?!
Chevy Equinox - biggest hunk of junk I have ever owned... I have had more problems with this car in the first year of ownership than all of previous cars combined :evil: