Calorie Tracking software

Post your reviews on fitness products and clothing.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

maritacatrina
STARTING OUT

Calorie Tracking software

Post by maritacatrina »

Anyone ever do myfitnesspal.com or dietindetails.com? thinking of trying one of them out just to compare with fit tracker and see how they all measure up. Any info anyone can share about them? Thanks!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Calorie Tracking software

Post by Boss Man »

The second one I have used and the software is easy to download, easy to use and is very easy on the eye, in regards to layout and colour scheme.

I don't track calories, as I personally don't see the need to do it, so I originally downloaded it out of curiosity, not necessity, but I can reccomend it for it's functions, simple asthetics and ease of use.

Hopefully that helps you make an informed decision, whichever application you choose to try.
malandi87
STARTING OUT

Post by malandi87 »

I want to use both software too. I just know that there are softwares use for weight loss. Thank you very much for giving me the idea.
jmaconweb
STARTING OUT

Post by jmaconweb »

I have been using Fitness Pal for a couple of years now. I started using it when I was doing P90x and realized I wasn't getting anywhere near the calories I needed. It has just about every food imaginable and if its not in there you can add it. The one problem is anyone can post new foods, so sometimes you will get the same item multiple times with different calories, carbs, etc.. So you have to watch that. I mostly use the Iphone app, works great. I still can't believe how hard it is to stay within the daily limits for sugar.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Try downloading a PC App called diets in details. Simple, classy looking interface and loaded with food choices, that lists stuff like Protein, Carbs, Fat Salt and you can amend the portions and store the info as daily logs.

Might be something to consider.
tray8804
STARTING OUT

Post by tray8804 »

maritacatrina wrote:Anyone ever do myfitnesspal.com or dietindetails.com? thinking of trying one of them out just to compare with fit tracker and see how they all measure up. Any info anyone can share about them? Thanks!
I'm partial to myfitnesspal, it works really well for me, though I tend to not be diligent in using it. Still, if you want to track something it works well from what I can tell. I've used it on and off for over a year.
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

I love myfitness pal. I've been using it for years! Not too sure how accurate the exercise/calories burn is but it's great for tracking food. I think the most important thing to note is sticking with the one tracking device. This way it may not be perfect but you'll be able to get a consistent reading.
XxJassyxX
STARTING OUT

Post by XxJassyxX »

I also tried MyFitnessPal, but personally I prefer the app Yazio. It tracks calories really precisely and has a huge database for food. I love their design and from experience the database is more accurate. You can get all information here: https://www.yazio.com/en