Fat Burning Chocolate

Post your reviews on fitness products and clothing.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Sunwarrior
STARTING OUT

Fat Burning Chocolate

Post by Sunwarrior »

As crazy as it seems, we first have to forgot about all of the sugar-laden chocolate candy bars :shock: that run the commercial chocolate industry.

Only then can we take a step back, and start to observe, learn, and appreciate the health benefits of quality eating chocolate for what it is. Real chocolate (66% cocoa solids and higher) is rich in fiber and lower sugar. Its also rich in minerals like iron and magnesium which are great for heart health and promoting energy.

Pamela Vinten, a retired economics teacher that majored in nutrition, food science, and biochemistry :), wrote a book on chocolate's amazing fat burning properties and includes a plethora of delicious recipes.

Check it out. http://4bf92c20j4rck-l-dkla3-00do.hop..net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Fat Burning Chocolate

Post by Boss Man »

Noramlly I'd disable links, but i'm going to presume you're not hawking the product and just informing.

The truth is people don't really need that product, it's just to some extent designed to make the person money, with 's 25% of the commissions.

I'm not decrying the individual, or their background, or anything like that, nor do I think the product is garbage as in fact I don't.

However the antioxidents in chocolate, catechins, are found in beans and if you wanted the lauric acid, capryllic acid and caproic acid, the medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil, then lauric acid certainly is in butter and you could just as easily have the coconut oil itself mingled in with a dose of beans as part of a meal.

Thee are downsides though not promoted, surprise surprise.

One downside is the caffeine and theobromine in chocolate, that are already present and not added to commercial products. Both Methylxanthines can have their xanthine content converted to uric acid and if the crystals collect around the joints in significant quantities, it can cause gout, so can theophylline in tea as that's a methylxanthine too.

Also due to these things in chocolate, people with the condition xanthinurea would almost certainly not be able to take it, nor would people with caffeine sensitivity and possibly heart problems too.

There are no such caveats or warnings about any such things, as well as other issues that might exist that I am unware of, that could negatively affect a small percentage of people, from consumption of the product.

This is a bit dissapointing in general, but other than that I see no hidden scams or tricks to this, but as I say, the nutrients could be obtained with coconut oil and beans combined in a meal, or just consumed in the day, as catechin flavanoids and MCT's don't assist each others functionality potential, so don't need combining for best effects, not that I'm aware of anyway.

It also depends on whether people want to finance someones retirement and fund in the process when they take their cut.
Sunwarrior
STARTING OUT

Post by Sunwarrior »

I understand what your saying. Yes coconut oil is probably the superior fat burner because its MCT's, but not everyone can take coconut oil.

For instance, I have a mild nut allergy and try to limit nut consumption. Some nuts don't produce as big of an issue for me. But one-seeded drupes like coconut and almonds are things I consume with caution because they're guaranteed to cause a reaction after their intial ingestion.

I am also sensitive to caffeine too. I don't consume any carbonated beverages or coffee. And I don't risk pre-workouts anymore. But the amount of caffeine in chocolate is so minimal (about 25mg per bar; 1/4 amount of a cup of coffee) that it can barely be noticed.

Theobromine, however, makes up about 2% of the cacao bean, which depending on the quality of the bar, can be an estimated 200 mg.
But I like your idea about having the coconut oil mixed with cacao beans as part a meal. The beans would have to be roasted just right in order to avoid the bitterness of burnt cacao beans or the acidity of raw cacao beans.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I didn't mean cacao beans with coconut oil, which I should have clarified, but wasn't thinking succintly on, I meant other forms of beans like green, string, navy, pinto etc, simply because cacao / cocoa beans might taste a bit foul with coconut oil, which is why I didn't post what I did as a direct reference to cacao / cocoa.

Hopefully that clarifies things :).
Sunwarrior
STARTING OUT

Post by Sunwarrior »

Boss Man wrote: Hopefully that clarifies things :).
Of course :o , that makes more sense.